What's new

What kept India united after the British left?

Islamic invasion created unity among Hindus

Now Islamic extremism will strenghten it.

don't get confused. remaining together does not mean remaining invincible

And what this "created unity" did? Let Britisher be the new master?

I think the Indian leadership didn't take any chances to begin with!!! It's like - let it be small but let it be mine!!! Otherwise, they'd have tried with the Cabinet Mission Plan for a confederation. Or, even few hurdles put by Liaket Ali Han's finance ministry against Serdar Patel's home ministry became too much for them, so they bailed out...

And what this "created unity" did? Let Britisher be the new master?
british ruled many countries. Those countries are still united after british left.

I can see you are avoiding pre 1100 era and focusing more on modern India where hinduism has taken a back seat and people are more spiritual than being religious.
OK ...do you know chardhams of Hinduism having same significance as mecca for Muslim or Jerusalem for Christians.
char_dham.gif

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_Dham

british ruled many countries. Those countries are still united after british left.

You counter you own argument. That means hinduism has no vital role in India being united after British left.

Solve me this puzzle intelligently please.
Well the obvious answer is simple. Administrative scaffolding tied to robust military structure. The same formula used by British to chain together a patchwork of varied peoples and then rule for next 200 years.

Now think about this. If a foreign, Christian European strangers could keep the entire sub-continent, that included present day Myanmar [Burma], Bangla, India and Pakistan united for 200 years using no more then 20,000 British officials/soldiers why does is it a surprise you that India is united in it's present form for 70 years? It's no big deal.

As to what I think the future holds I will reserve for now and let people mull over what I said.

Back
Top Bottom