What's new

What keeps India united?

religion.......
Since early school. It has been drilled into us. India is a secular country. There is no state religion. Beauty in it's diversity... etc etc. We were taught about Gandhi, Nehru, Maulana, Abdul Gaffar Khan, Bhagat Singh, Annie Besant without any bias.

Hell even Aurangzeb wasn't shown in extreme bad light. The founding fathers of our nation wanted it to be a nation for all with religion being a personal subject relegated to the back ground.

Ghauri, Ghazni were just shown as looters and plunderers not as mulsim looters or plunderers. It makes a difference when there is no state propaganda to make any particular religion look bad. Believe me it does.

Hindu's suffered as much in partition as did muslims. Muslims also have a good share of atrocities against hindus. But, we as a country don't coin a term like *Bagal mein churi, munh pe Ram Ram*.

Well we have contrary to that. The British managed for 200 years ...
][/COLOR]

Those 200 yrs were very different era .
You see colonialism disappeared with the maturity the of industrial age since slavery and scientific advancements are mutually incompatible.

Hate against Pakistan keeps this nation alive. But its beginning to falter because of Modi and his making divides between Hindus and minorities.

Thank you. Nice to get acquainted. Will see you around. I will do some reading on your "region" as it is beyond my "radar".
Most of the stuff on the surface net is hindutva crap trying to show this region as hindu and Indian,just like they do with Pakistan to a lesser extent.
In fact,even the research work of firangis about us is better than what Indians have on us.

Hate against Pakistan keeps this nation alive. But its beginning to falter because of Modi and his making divides between Hindus and minorities.

Go to an average Indian. He'll laugh off any Pakistan comparison. The only thing we hate is losing to Pak in anything. That's it.

on the other hand I do have a lot of interest in the happening in Pak. :p:

Go to an average Indian. He'll laugh off any Pakistan comparison.

on the other hand I do have a lot of interest in the happening in Pak. :p:

Yeah, no wonder you are on PAKISTAN defense forum laughing all the time. obsessed hateful indoo

Since early school. It has been drilled into us. India is a secular country. There is no state religion. Beauty in it's diversity... etc etc. We were taught about Gandhi, Nehru, Maulana, Abdul Gaffar Khan, Bhagat Singh, Annie Besant without any bias.

Hell even Aurangzeb wasn't shown in extreme bad light. The founding fathers of our nation wanted it to be a nation for all with religion being a personal subject relegated to the back ground.*.
however, you know yourself , this is good for making broader point of view etc,but not making good national figures.. its like teaching children to accept differences and be civilized citizen..
but see urself... are u more happ on national days or religious event.. which is more celebrated.. u , i suppose, make new clothes on religious events not on national days!!!!!!!
Plus, when you haev to call indian nationalism, what figure/cause/idea do you hold..? see your movies. how much local heroes, idioms, god/goddess are shown over national figures. come on man BJP is strongest party whereas in pakistan never religious parties got dominance except against musharraf...always secular parties won in pakistan otherwise.

Yeah, no wonder you are on PAKISTAN defense forum laughing all the time. obsessed hateful indoo

:bunny: This is the India forum lad. You don't want indians in the India forum. Who else your Chinese masters??
By the way where is @HongWu these days?

But I am in the land of my people.If anything you Indians are stinking up my pristine lands with all that hindu rituals.:hitwall:
who are u ? ur land .. hahaha its India our country !

North-East-logo.JPG

hahaha Hindu phobia!! who is forcing Hinduism down ur throats !

:bunny: This is the India forum lad. You don't want indians in the India forum. Who else your Chinese masters??
By the way where is @HongWu these days?

Indian, if you aren't obsessed with Pakistan please tell me why you joined the forum.

who are u ? ur land .. hahaha its India our country !

North-East-logo.JPG

hahaha Hindu phobia!! who is forcing Hinduism down ur throats !
Nah,just have a dislike for smelly stuff-like any normal person.
BTW India isn't a country but a union of dozens of nations ala a mini USSR minus the super dupa factor.

however, you know yourself , this is good for making broader point of view etc,but not making good national figures.. its like teaching children to accept differences and be civilized citizen..
but see urself... are u more happ on national days or religious event.. which is more celebrated.. u , i suppose, make new clothes on religious events not on national days!!!!!!!

Trust me it has worked to a large extent.

We are happy we get holidays on both. :chilli:.

"Plus, when you haev to call indian nationalism, what figure/cause/idea do you hold..? see your movies. how much local heroes, idioms, god/goddess are shown over national figures. come on man BJP is strongest party whereas in pakistan never religious parties got dominance except against musharraf...always secular parties won in pakistan otherwise.

Commercial movies. Get serious man.

Pak and religious parties? Everyone is shouting Islam Islam. What more religion-ness do you want.
Nationalism cannot be quantified by any data. But, you want data. India is united and a single country even now. That's data for you. India was united even in 60's-70's when were in even worse state. There's nothing secular about Pakistan. You are an Islamic nation(nothing wrong with that though).

The entire premise of Pakistan is Not-India.

Most of the stuff on the surface net is hindutva crap trying to show this region as hindu and Indian,just like they do with Pakistan to a lesser extent.
In fact,even the research work of firangis about us is better than what Indians have on us.

Very, very well aware of that fact. I call it the "crap factor" which is something similar to "error allowance" and sites like Wiki with referance to Pakistan are like reading reports drafted by Indian Public Relations Ministry.

Western sources tend to be slightly better but over time they are getting slanted more and more. Underlying this is numbers and economics. All media are subject to economic pressure. Even PDF is subject to that as it will by neccessity have to maintain certain position if it is to keep the huge Indian internet traffic.

Whether your a researcher, writer or any other form of media you will not want to irritate the huge English speaking population of India as they are now major consumers of these products.

I am not saying that they will fabricate but certainly bias will creap in. Of course that applies to anything so you have to sort of filter out the "chaff from the wheat".

Ps. Will get back to you after I spead read your region.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom