What's new

What is your most favorite ancient empire / civilization? Give 5 reasons why

The scythians !
CAuse:

1- They were the aryans , even nazis traced the origin of the aryans back to where scythians used to live

2- They populated the iranian plateau

3- They were the inventors of the wheel , body armor , and horseback riding , and their inventions reached as far east as japan and as far west as ireland

4- They helped cyrus capture babylon and exile jews

5- They defeated Rome

20120210-Sarmatians%20Dacians%20Scythians008.jpg

Scythians (to the left) , fighting russians:

Victor+Vasnetsov+-+Battle+of+Slavs+and+Scythians+.JPG

524741193.jpg

Here you can see by the costumes how scythians are the ancestors of persians:

scythian-ashz-120523.jpg

Scythians in modern day tadjikstan :

Boys-of-mazandaran.jpg

Last edited:
The scythians !
CAuse:

1- They were the aryans , even nazis traced the origin of the aryans back to where scythians used to live

2- They populated the iranian plateau

3- They were the inventors of the wheel , body armor , and horseback riding , and their inventions reached as far east as japan and as far west as ireland

4- They helped cyrus capture babylon and exile jews

5- They defeated Rome

20120210-Sarmatians%20Dacians%20Scythians008.jpg

1.True.
2.Partially only,mostly central asia /ukraine.Iranian plateau was populated by medes and perses.
3.Wheel-no.Body armour - the scale armour yes.Horseback rding -possibly.Also forgot marijuana:P and briliant gold crafting.
4.If u mean mercenaries,there were many types in cyrus army.Cyrus won on his own merit and bulk of his army was core iranina medes and persians.They also killed cyrus.
5.No.They repulsed darius,were defeated but not conquered by alexander.They were eventually overrun by another nomadic tribe the sarmatians.These sarmatians had a long struggle with rome.They were finally defeated by constantine.The remaining sarmatians were assimilated into the gothic and hunnic tribal federations.

1. Thank you
2. I'm not positive , but i assume most of eastern iran have a scythian ancestry
3. maybe , but i assume they used marijuana for surgery , not like modern day surgery but it wasn't recreational marijuana
4. I actually saw it in a BBC documentary , there they portrayed scythians as the conquering force of babylon
5. But weren't the sarmatians the people native to caucasus , sound like too small a people to conquer all central asia

1. Thank you
2. I'm not positive , but i assume most of eastern iran have a scythian ancestry
3. maybe , but i assume they used marijuana for surgery , not like modern day surgery but it wasn't recreational marijuana
4. I actually saw it in a BBC documentary , there they portrayed scythians as the conquering force of babylon
5. But weren't the sarmatians the people native to caucasus , sound like too small a people to conquer all central asia

@AUSTERLITZ

Indian Mauryan empire-

1-United all of India.

2-Was responsible for securing western borders of India from Greek armies and expelling them completely from India. Secured India from foreign invaders with its powerful and well organized army.

3-led to the spread of Buddhism and Indian culture far away from India's borders.

4-led to the establishment of a peaceful rule based on dharma rather than conquest after Ashoka took up Buddhism.

5-Was the largest Indian empire in history.

6-Lion capital at Sarnath erected by Mauryan emperor Ashoka is the National emblem of Republic of India and Ashoka chakra is also present on Indian National flag.

@AUSTERLITZ

Sarmatians displaced the scythians and took over their lands...genetically they are quite similar to scythians.The reason the sarmatians won was they created the first 'cataphracts'.They took the heavy body armour of the scythians and persians,added to it the macedonian xyston 10 foot lance (that was used by alexander's companion cavalry)which emerged as a weapon due to alexander's invasion influence(Scythian heavy cavalry used axes and javelins).To this they added the existing horse archers that were always used by all nomads..the cataphract-horse archer combo proved devastating.

Sarmatians displaced the scythians and took over their lands...genetically they are quite similar to scythians.The reason the sarmatians won was they created the first 'cataphracts'.They took the heavy body armour of the scythians and persians,added to it the macedonian xyston 10 foot lance (that was used by alexander's companion cavalry)which emerged as a weapon due to alexander's invasion influence(Scythian heavy cavalry used axes and javelins).To this they added the existing horse archers that were always used by all nomads..the cataphract-horse archer combo proved devastating.

okay , i don't have much knowledge of sarmatians other than they came from the west of scythia and that jews call them samaritans , my research is mainly focused on scythians or the saka

In india the scythians are known by the name saka.They for a time established a powerful base in western india ..especially gujarat and indus region.They were satraps under the parthian and kushans.They adopted hinduism and made valuable contributions to indian society such as in coinage,dress and calendar.Trousers were introduced in india by sakas.They were finally overrun by the gupta empire.The greatest saka satrap was mahaksyatrap rudradamana.He is remembered as a great soldier and benevolent man who made several public works such as dams.He repaired several canalas and dams that were originally constructed by chandragupta maurya.

saka is infact the word for scythians only eurocentrist historians don't like that fact , i thought the scythians invaded northern india , but i know for sure that the demise of scythians came with mongols , if you study the maps of ancient world through centuries you see scythians were already in decline with the invent of parthians in iran and their raids into europe , fact is sassanids were fighting mongol and turkic tribes so the scythians might have completely moved to the iranian plateau by that time.

Indian and chinese civilization... Because

Indian civilized much before world. Indian and chinese civilization worked on humane causes. Both civilization were agrarian and traders whose focus was on business and farming..

Other culture were savage/cruel and animallike..

The Greeks:

1) They invented democracy and republican form of government, which to this day are the best form of government devised.
2) They gave priority to reason and logic.
3) Lots of rich poetry and literature, although that was not unique to the Greeks. India had plenty of that as well.

Also forgot marijuana
Marijuana has been used since prehistoric times.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom