Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Undergraduate student

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Graduate and working

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Post graduate Studies

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
If you are smart enough you can. Usually it takes 3.5 -4 years for M.Eng+PhD. At our uni if you finish undergrad with a Honors I, you get exemptions that allows you to finish it in three years.

As I said I had the exact same option from McGill with scholarship mind you :partay: Just cause you can't, doesn't mean its not possible.

WTF??? it takes 4 years for MEng excluding PhD

WTF????

If you are smart enough you can. Usually it takes 3.5 -4 years for M.Eng+PhD. At our uni if you finish undergrad with a Honors I, you get exemptions that allows you to finish it in three years.

As I said I had the exact same option from McGill with scholarship mind you :partay: Just cause you can't, doesn't mean its not possible.

It is not a matter that whether I can or cant. But depends on the university policy. In my university it is clearly mentioned that phd is required minimum 4 years and before that no professor will let you off hook and without a masters degree no phd student is admitted but if anyone do really well in their course work in masters they are promoted to Phd.

So by the age 24 you completed PhD. So according to your statement you completed your undergrad by 21??? In the mean time you have also said you did job at xstrata after your undergrad!!! N even after all these you completed your phd by 24 assuming you have started this job for 1 month!!!

You are truly a genius.. if all the above statements can be put in to a single equation. :lol:

In UK under grad is 3 year. Does not necessarily they are learning more then the 4 year degree granting universities. Quality of education has a big difference between UK and that of Germany or USA or Canada.

RoyBot is actually a RoBot! :D

I'm a B.Tech Biotechnology graduate. Currently working as a Senior Software Engineer in NTT Data. :)

i think australia is trolling on education big time then :lol:

4 years bachlors +masters+Phd WTF!!!!!!!

infact in pakistan only bachlors is 4 years only engineering excluding Phd

Both UK and Australia. Both the nation are just after recruiting student and granting degree. Only a few international student got job in those countries. But case in USA, Canada and Germany is different.

i think australia is trolling on education big time then :lol:

4 years bachlors +masters+Phd WTF!!!!!!!

infact in pakistan only bachlors is 4 years only engineering excluding Phd

Where did u get the bachelors from? Bachelors is 4 years in Australia too. And 3.5-4 years for Masters by Research+Phd. Its the same in Uk and many unis in Canada too.

I have a BS, MS and PhD in Physics. My thesis was experimental, involving the optical properties of gallium arsenide. Also, I am a registered agent with the US Patent and Trademark Organization

DAMN ... you should comment more often . Share your wisdom

A better approach - let me know if any of you guys are hiring :)

BSc. Computer Science
Master in Information Technology

Industry Experience: Financial
Role: Analyst Programmer

Project types:
Anti Money Laundering, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Integration, Collaborative Suites, Web development

Other Certification: PMP

So who is hiring? No seriously.

:blink:

still no get job? You have valuable education background and some experiences.

So by the age 24 you completed PhD. So according to your statement you completed your undergrad by 21??? In the mean time you have also said you did job at xstrata after your undergrad!!! N even after all these you completed your phd by 24 assuming you have started this job for 1 month!!!

You are truly a genius.. if all the above statements can be put in to a single equation. :lol:

In UK under grad is 3 year. Does not necessarily they are learning more then the 4 year degree granting universities. Quality of education has a big difference between UK and that of Germany or USA or Canada.

Why are you so upset!

When I migrated to Australia, I took a test at school, and accordingly was put in a year above than i was supposed to be(fairly normal for kids coming from South Asia and Europe). I finished HSC when I was 15 years and 9 months. Enrolled at Uni, finished Bachelors when I was 20. Worked for a year as grad mining engineer with Anglo Coal, went back to uni did my post grad+ research, handed in thesis in Nov 2011, and have been working with Xstrata for the past couple of months.

Does this all add up for you now? Stop being so jealous!:lol:

Don't know why i feel the need to correct you, but knowing the person that you are you would have brought it up in some other thread somewhere. Don't loose your sleep over it now, you ll get there some day. :partay:

Why are you so upset!

When I migrated to Australia, I took a test at school, and accordingly was put in a year above than i was supposed to be. I finished HSC when I was 15 years and 9 months. Enrolled at Uni, finished Bachelors at when I was 20. Worked for a year as grad mining engineer with Anglo Coal, went back to uni did my post grad+ research, handed in thesis in Nov 2011, and have been working with Xstrata for the past couple of months.

Does this all add up for you now? Stop being so jealous!:lol:

Don't know why i feel the need to correct you, but knowing the person that you are you would have brought it up in some other thread somewhere. Don't loose your sleep over it now, you ll get there some day. :partay:

Honestly the education system in Australia does not make sense in fast track programs....;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom