What's new

What is Russia's importance in this day and age?

To me somehow Russia seems THE most important country to China, for better or worse.

The respect and sometimes even fear I hold for this nation are unrivaled, they'll rise again.

Respect but no fear necessary. USSR was much more powerful and China much weaker in the past and balance was held. Todays Russia need China alot more (and vice versa) as a balance to US.

Last edited:
Are you from Taiwan?

We mainlanders aren't some kind of Eastern Barbarian hordes that you guys want to demonize.

Take care of your own shitty economy before pointing finger to us.

是他們的經濟現在很糟糕

We don't need to take Russian minerals, oil and women.

These things flow to equilibrium position, and the lubricant, is money.

India is 90% dependent on Russian weapons, whereas China now is 0% dependent on any nation.

what about su30 from russia ? just one example.

China build herself a Stealth Fighter but India is waiting for Russia to help her out :

The Invisible Bird | OPEN Magazine

The aircraft they are talking about is the T-50. Just a month ago, India signed an agreement with Russia for joint development of a fifth-generation aircraft. Russia has already flown a few sorties of the platform on which the T-50 is to be built.

This may not be the most likely option, but it remains a real possibility. If so, India will be left to fend for itself. For the moment, it has no choice but to place more faith in Russian scientists than its own.

Without Russia , India won't have a Russian Missile named "Bhramos".

And Your Point is?? :lol:

My point is Indian users here keep bashing China saying that China depends on Russia for all her hardwares but India is the one that depends on foreign countries for her hardwares :

India?s Superpower Delusions | OPEN Magazine

In 2009, India was the world’s second largest arms importer. But it’s still an importer. Frontline tanks, fighter jets and warships, they’re all foreign made. This means dependency. China, in contrast, is now among the world’s five top arms exporters. India’s own defence development efforts since 1947, barring the odd missile, so far have been a scandalous waste. This tardiness retards the country’s power projection capability in hard military terms.

My point is Indian users here keep bashing China saying that China depends on Russia for all her hardwares but India is the one that depends on foreign countries for her hardwares :

I was asking about the Comment on the Fifth Gen Aircraft which India is Co Developing with Russia.... Whats Wrong?? India is Not Only Co developing but is also Developing One Of its own...

And As You said , India is Not the 2nd largest Importer of Arms But the largest Importer of Arms....

And India is Not a Nation dependent On Foreign Suppliers? We Buy in Bulk with TOT, and a Nation can Capitalize On TOT only when It has necessary Infrastructures and Quality Scientists to support it.... And We Manufacture every Kind Of Weapon to Suit our Needs, and to keep the Pace with the World and To modernize our defense its Necessary to Import Latest weaponry....

India is importing to reduce Its Share of Workload on R&D and develop a Platform from the TOT.... Afterall India is doing it in a Legal manner....

we are the largest importer of arms because we can easily afford to be the largest importer of arms.our current requirement supercedes idea of self-reliance

What Bulls**t!

No one can deny the importance Russia has in this day in age as a Eurasian regional power (more Europe than Asia), despite its decline. Russia is little brother to no one.

A more accurate thread title would be "what is Russia's importance in this day and age to China and India?", as that seems to be the majority of this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom