What's new

What is next big election issue after loadshedding?

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now that loadshedding has been eliminated for most part. What will be main issue in next election? In my opinion people now will vote for health sector. Next government will have to spend good part of budget to build new state of arts hospitals and revamp old ones. Affordable quality health care for people.

IMO first priority should be eradication of corruption than Education and Health.

Affordable quality health care is very important. Pakistan now spend Rs850 billion on education but without much results. Meanwhile on health much less and it's shameful when Pakistanis rather go to India for treatment.

this is my top 5 list

1. Elimination of corruption
2. Elimination of extremism and fundamentalism
3. Strengthening of law enforcement
4. Revamping of the judicial system
4. Modernizing of the education sector and bringing in single syllabus for all
5. Reorganizing of the Health sector

1. Hire a foreign minister and PLEASE learn some diplomacy, need to implement a pro-Pakistan foreign policy to protect our national interests.
  2. Elimination of corruption by bringing in reforms, institutions need to be independent and also corruption free. This is the only way you can get a sustainable corruption free setup.
  3. Working out a sustainable power generation plan that will root out load shedding for next decade or two. The results we see today (with 3-4 hour load shedding still on) are not sustainable, any person with little bit of common sense knows the problem in this plan. NEED TO IMPROVE AND GET A SUSTAINABLE PLAN/PROJECT for future. Oil and Gas generation wont work in the long run, it is way too expensive.
  4. BUILD DAMS. That will address problem number three and will more importantly address a massive problem i see in the future - WATER SHORTAGE. We needed to start YESTERDAY to address water issue. NOTHING HAVE BEEN DONE (no don't quote me those fking ground breaking again). Need to build massive dams, start with at least two to three with two three more in pipeline. We are an agriculture country and may run out of even drinking water in 2030 or around that. NEED TO GET TO WORK NOW. WE ARE ALREADY LATE.
  5. Education and health sector need to be improved
  6. Invest in science and RnD

Well Pakistani doesn't really vote on worthy issues but PMLN has been making some gains on infrastructure projects and that trend is expected to continue.

Load shedding has been eliminated at most part? When was this?

Besides that, there are other issues that need to be tackled. Dealing with the economy (inflation, rising tax, etc). There is still issue of Health care, education, justice system, corruption.

Corruption is the biggest issue. This is the mother

Eliminate that and all the other big problems will solve themselves. As long as people like Nawaz Sharif or Zardari are allowed to loot the taxpayers at will, the country will never reach social and economic prosperity.

Is corruption the big issue or terrorism, my vote goes or terrorism.

MEHNGAI!

This is the issue the average Pakistani cares about.

Now that loadshedding has been eliminated for most part.

Actually, no. Loadshedding is still a huge problem, as yet unsolved, and one that continues to accrue circular debt at an alarming rate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom