What's new

What is Bassal Artillery Fire Control System?

Anas Ali

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
what is it ?
Bassal artillery fire control system

thanks man for your efforts
i wonder what is it !

thanks man for your efforts
i wonder what is it !

You have to keep in mind that Egypt produces a number of artillery systems domestically, including ammunitions, with which I would expect them also to produce a fire control system.
SPH 122 mm 122 mm self-propelled howitzer (D-30 howitzer casemat-style on M109 A2 chassis) (locally assembled from kits)
D-30M 122 mm towed field howitzer (600) (Manufactured locally - production as needed)
M-46 130 mm towed field gun (420) (Manufactured locally - production as needed)
GH 52 155 mm towed field gun w/APU (400) (Being manufactured locally under license - production as needed)

ANother interesting bit from the world of arms: Egypt uses the US M120 mortar, which is essentially the Israeli Soltam K6, developed from the K5 (M65) a.k.a. Tampella 120mm...

thanks a lot man your always making efforts to help others , i appreciate you help a lot
what you said is true
but i am not sure about M120 mortar because the Egyptian army uses a lot of 120m mortars like : MO-120-RT , Helwan UK-2 (120mm Eastern) local - production , 2B11 Sani , and tons of M43

I WILL ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS since i cant send you PM these i was asked about these question in Egypt many times and i want your precious opinion
1.Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) / some people like to believe that its the ability of your early warning radars to guide the fire control radars to targets precisely through coordinates and data associated with tracks even if the fire control radars cant detect the target in case if its stealthy or for any other reason ?!!
http://techdigest.jhuapl.edu/td/td1604/APLteam.pdf

2.can awacs guide sparrow , amraam , r77 or missiles in general ?!

thanks a lot man your always making efforts to help others , i appreciate you help a lot
what you said is true
but i am not sure about M120 mortar because the Egyptian army uses a lot of 120m mortars like : MO-120-RT , Helwan UK-2 (120mm Eastern) local - production , 2B11 Sani , and tons of M43

Never mind that mortar - I just struck me as ironic.

Back
Top Bottom