What's new

What If the Arabian Empire Reunited Today?

In any case I believe that Pakistan being a country that is geographically located closely to us, in particular the Arabian Peninsula, a country with whom we have had ancient ties with dating back to the times of the IVC (Sumer, Dilmun, Magan etc. connection) and even beyond that, and a country facing similar challenges/having a huge potential as well, should/must cooperate with the Arab world at least the Arabian Peninsula and the Arab Near East for the benefit of both parties.

We will, have no doubt. GCC is very close to our hearts (and I say that as a person who is not particularly religious).

I personally wish to see a powerful Muslim "superstate" emerge asap. The Arab world is the only viable candidate. We will try to play our supporting role in making this happen when the Arabs take the initiative.

We will, have no doubt. GCC is very close to our hearts (and I say that as a person who is not particularly religious).

I personally wish to see a powerful Muslim "superstate" emerge asap. The Arab world is the only viable candidate. We will try to play our supporting role in making this happen when the Arabs take the initiative.

There is of course also the close ties during the Islamic era (past 1400 years) or even close modern-day ties (largest Pakistani diaspora in the world can be found in the GCC, millions of both people have been exposed to each others cultures in person for 2-3 generations now, 1000's upon 1000's of intermarriages have taken place in KSA alone etc.).

I don't think that the current relations reflect the wishes/aspirations of both peoples but rather the interest of a few leaders (mostly corrupt and only looking after their own interests first and foremost).

I just want to make it clear for Pakistani users here that if they disagree with certain GCC policies they should now that it is not the policy of the people but a select few (rulers). This won't last forever.

In any case Arabs/Pakistanis have a lot of similarities (I have seen this in person in the GCC and the West) and more should be done to enhance/strengthen this relationship people to people as many people are ignorant about this ancient relationship honestly.

Trade and cultural links between Ancient Pakistan and Arabia date back to fourth millennium BC. [1]
  1. Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991. ISBN 9788170233404.

The Arabian Empire (Umayyad Caliphate) once extended from the Atlantic Ocean to the border of India. It was the largest empire that the world had ever seen up to that point, so what would things look like if this empire was suddenly re-created today?

The first thing would be a war with NATO, since that empire would lay claim to
portions of four NATO countries, Portugal, Spain, Turkey and Greece (Cyprus).
You would also be in war with Iran.
Great Idea!

Great Idea!

??? The video said that such a thing happening today would be impossible. It is a hypothetical question my friend.

Great Idea!
Portugal, Spain, and Greece you can keep, Turkey is brotherly..
Your affinity and belief in such imaginary videos tell us that you already hurt by the thought of Arab unity, let alone Muslim Unity..It shows also your unfounded fear of the Arabs and Muslims in general..rest assured that Arabs and Muslims like to live and let live in peace..unless, of course you want to harm them, or some king of yours rapes some governor's daughter of yours, like what has happened in Spain, but this time you governor should ask NATO instead, Arabs and Muslims have enough matters of their own to handle..
So cool down, take a deep breath and relax..

If all Arabs united and attacked Israel what will Israel do? Just a question nothing more. Please reply to the scenario.
Israel will tell them, pls ,dont attack me,lets attack our common enemy, Iran! thats they are doing now. This arab caliphate/supercountry thing is such a joke. Selfish interests and discreet but serious philosophical and cultural disagreements has doomed it forever. this stuff will remain a theory..

There was a news of establishing an Arab confederation, an idea promoted by KSA. I don't know what happened to that

Quite an interesting discussion here.

For us outsiders it is difficult to form an educated opinion.
Wise course for any student must be open minded learning.

So, if our Arab friends here can help us understand:

What do you mean when you say Arab Nationalism?

I have read here about Arab Civilisation.

What do you mean by this? Arab world is quite vast landmass...so there has to be a Core. Where is this Core?

Is it cultural identity separate from your religion?

Or is it encompassing past and present including religion?

You have the resources and some good accummulated net wealth. Population is young. Obviously great room for achievement here.

However, what is your perspective on development and social advancement? From your Arab perspective... also, what kind of governance model do you think is most suited to your needs?

What form of governance/management would this Arab superstate/empire take?

I know it is so many questions cramped in one post. Nevertheless, I look forward to your kind feedback.

Many thanks,

SPF

PS: Arabs produced some great Alchemists! The word gibberish is an offshoot of the name of a great Alchemist. Was he Eyptian?

@Sharif al-Hijaz @Bubblegum Crisis @HannibalBarca friends some feedback?

Last edited:
If all Arabs united and attacked Israel what will Israel do? Just a question nothing more. Please reply to the scenario.

Hi,

Israel would smash them one more time just with the conventional forces---and it won't have to use the nucs.

It is not the size of the DOG---it is the fight in the DOG that counts---. The arabs have no fight left in them to fight Israel---.

Hi,

Israel would smash them one more time just with the conventional forces---and it won't have to use the nucs.

It is not the size of the DOG---it is the fight in the DOG that counts---. The arabs have no fight left in them to fight Israel---.
They can fight Usrael, but they can not fight the US.. they have the fight in them, only missing a thousand nukes and ICBMs to deter the US, with such an arsenal in Arab hands, Usraelis will live the middle east without fighting. they will just try to find a safer place..

@HannibalBarca : fascinating read, Battuta. Dunn's commentary provides needed context.

But especially illuminating for the purposes of this thread is how it was impossible to hold a united Muslim India together: the stronger a Muslim ruler became the more he oppressively taxed the native populace, thus eliminating their incentives to save and produce, resulting in famine and giving his governors every incentive to revolt by promising the people easier terms, or at least hope. Then the cycle would start again...

Back
Top Bottom