What's new

What has gone wrong in india?

It's a mixture of things.

1. High population density, especially in urban areas.

2. Poor quality of air, leading to a higher than average number of people with respiratory issues (Delhi for example).

3. Govt electioneering on the success of managing to avoid a crisis so far.

4. Illiteracy. I don't mean being able to read and write, i mean the type of people who will beleive any bakwas on an sms or whatsapp message without thinking it through or researching it. This leads to high levels of COVIDIOTS.

5. When you mix this up with a massive gene pool with long periods of exposure, you've had some herd immunity but at the same time, it's given scope for different variants, in your case unforutunately more deadly variants.

6. Add typical govt incompetence and you get this disaster.

-----------

In my opinion in Pakistan we are sat on a powder keg. We have some similarities to the above scenario, apart from step 3, but definitely step 4. We still have time. We need a short smart lockdown - or even a symbolic semi lockdown even. We need to ensure masks, hand cleanser and social distancing is enforced (roll out the army) and we need to increase testing.

10 percent positive rate is huge brother...and the number of tests you are doing is too less for a country of 23 crores...5 districts in a state in india would do those many tests in a day(49k).

BS, what matter is number of deaths, hospitalisations, etc Pakistan have not run out of oxygen yet and neither our graveyards are experiencing any extra activity to suggest numbers are under reported unlike in India.

Overconfidence
inability of forecasting second wave and its consequences
we are under prepared
no strategic reserves related to medical equipment nor reserves of critically needed vaccines nor medicines
political greediness and religious politics
social irresponsibility by our people and politicians
to much belief in witch doctors aka swamijies

result is corona hell whole as of now
BJP/Modi are busy on competing with China on vaccine diplomacy. Sending tens of millions vaccines to oversea countries.

China can do that because no case at home, while BJP/Modi must be drunk to do that, foolish.

Sri lanka is doing pretty well in containing the pandemic...although situation is bad in pak its not as bad as in india.
The situation is not out of control in nepal and bangladesh.
Then why has the pandemic become so severe in india..i am pretty sure the people and the govts in those countries are as indisciplined and as irresponsible as in india( except for SL).
There was movement from and to UK even from those countries...then what is it that contributed to this huge surge only in india?
Govt resources can not meet the need of over 1.5 billion people. Some say the Indian govt intentionally using covid to control population growth...

indians have deadly combination illiteracy plus over confidence actually i feel they both are interlinked.

plus no freedom for commoners of todays india to ask questions to Hindu extremist govt same as Talibans in of Afghanistan in 1998.
plus indian govt intentionally did that to beg for material from USA to develop vaccines it seems.

BJP/Modi are busy on competing with China on vaccine diplomacy. Sending tens of millions vaccines to oversea countries.

China can do that because no case at home, while BJP/Modi must be drunk to do that, foolish.
Some Indian guy here always tells me that "the civilized world" (I guess he means India and US) will show China how to do the things right.

Sri lanka is doing pretty well in containing the pandemic...although situation is bad in pak its not as bad as in india.
Then why has the pandemic become so severe in india..i am pretty sure the people and the govts in those countries are as indisciplined and as irresponsible as in india( except for SL).
There was movement from and to UK even from those countries...then what is it that contributed to this huge surge only in india?
You look at those recent video. People crowded around the india hospital with little protection.

Same as those on the street grabbing oxygen tank. All they got a just a simple face mask, huddle close together to work.

Even in cremation center. From workers to cremation families members. It's the same sight, people stay close together.

No social distancing and totally no awareness this virus is highly contagious.

10 percent positive rate is huge brother...and the number of tests you are doing is too less for a country of 23 crores...5 districts in a state in india would do those many tests in a day(49k).

My family across Pakistan has no real concerns. Seems like the 3rd wave is abating... So far the Indian strain hasn't been found in Pakistan but that could change.
It went wrong from the moment you have to depend on "pressure cooker" to deal with COVID-19 for your professional personnel

Is this the supa-powa India?

In countries like india and Pakistan the statistics might not be correct. BBC yesterday said the real numbers in india could be 10 times higher than official numbers. One way to judge though is to check conditions of hospitals and occupancy of intensive care units. In india its overflowing as evident but in Pakistan its manageable and hospitals are still not too crowded. What happened in india have scared Pakistan as well and thus proactive approach of govt and implementing lockdowns with help of army.
In case of india, i think they have to blame themselves and modi. We been telling indians but they are blind, modi is a populist drama who only cares about himself and his power. He will lie, cheat and decieve his own ppl just to gain political leverage. Modi has shown that he doesn't care abt lives of indians, he lacks vision and foresight. All experts were warning india but he went on with allowing melas and election campaigns and huge crowd gatherings, infact he never wore a mask himself to inspire ppl to do the same. Indians only have themselves to blame.

and the number of tests you are doing is too less for a country of 23 crores...5 districts in a state in india would do those many tests in a day(49k).

You Indians have got wired logic (not just you) when it comes to testing. I live in UK, on one is knocking on my door to get me tested. No, it doesnt work like that. If you have symptoms, you go and get yourself checked. If more people in India are getting tested, its natural because India is epicentre of covid, lot of people are getting sick and being tested, whereas Pakistan is way down the pecking order and less testing being done, simply because less people with symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom