What's new

What happens when a muslim prays in a public area in US

@Abu Nasar, again am asking what it has to do with topic at hand? A guy asked whether muslim can pray in Vatican, I showed him they can..

@Abu Nasar, again am asking what it has to do with topic at hand? A guy asked whether muslim can pray in Vatican, I showed him they can..

1) You showed him / us a link, from an institution which has zero credibility.
2) Do you want me to publish the UN report on children abuse by the Vatican?
3) Is this an institution you should be quoting, and gloating?

Your next move could open up a Pandora's box. Be careful, very careful!

There is no reason to pray in public like that----. This prayer was for show----.
He forgot golden rule regarding liberty..

As much distraction as a fabric with design on it was declined... So HUGE distraction with ppl walking around & chirping would definitely null-&-void the purpose of/spirit of prayer...!!

Aishah said :the Messenger of Allah once prayed with a sheet of cloth upon him. It had prints and paintings. He said: The prints of this (sheet) distracted my attention; take it to Abu Jahm and bring a blanket to me.
Sunan Abi Dawud 914, In-book ref:Book 2, Hadith 525, English translation:Book 2, Hadith 914.

Then that guy prayed on walk-ways...
Standing on walk-ways, & making walker-bys uncomfortable is discouraged too...

-
  • اےايمان والو لوگوںكے راستوں ميں كهڑے هونے سے پرهيز كرو
-

• Sahih Muslim:26:5375:- Abu Talha reported: While We were sitting in front of the houses and talking amongst ourselves, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) happened to come there. He stood by us and said: What about you and your meetings on the paths? Avoid these meetings on the paths. We said: We were sitting here without (any intention of doing harm to the passers-by) ; we are sitting to discuss matters and to hold conversation amongst ourselves. Thereupon he said: If there is no help (for you but to sit on these paths), then give the paths their rights and these are lowering of the gaze, exchanging of greetings and good conversation.
  • Sahih Muslim:26:5376:- Abu Sa'id Khudri reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid sitting on the paths. They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, we cannot help but holding our meetings (in these paths) and discuss matters (there). Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If you insist on holding meetings, then give the path its due right. They said: What are its due rights? Upon this he said: Lowering the gaze, refraining from doing harm, exchanging of greetings, commanding of good and forbidding from evil.
-
-
-
Thirdly, Prophet himself used to postpone prayer when traveling & allowed doing that under duress... Why not use that liberty & go home or in a masjid & pray with peace of mind & concentration...

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 002, Book 020, Hadith Number 209.

-----------------------------------------

Narated By Salim's father : The Prophet used to offer the Maghrib and 'Isha prayers together whenever he was in a hurry on a journey.

Narrated Ibn Abbas: Allah's Apostle used to offer the Zuhr and 'Asr prayers together on journeys, and also used to offer the Maghrib and 'Isha prayers together.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet used to offer the Maghrib and the 'Isha prayers together on journeys.

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 002, Book 020, Hadith Number 211.

Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle used to offer these two prayers together on journeys i.e. the Maghrib and the 'Isha.

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 003, Book 027, Hadith Number 032.

Narated By Zaid bin Aslam : From his father, I was with Ibn 'Umar on the way to Mecca, and he got the news that Safiya bint Abu Ubaid was seriously ill. So, he hastened his pace, and when the twilight disappeared, he dismounted and offered the Maghrib and 'Isha prayers together. Then he said, "I saw that whenever the Prophet had to hasten when traveling, he would delay the Maghrib prayer and join them together (i.e. offer the Maghrib and the 'Isha prayers together)."

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 244.

Narated By Aslam : While I was in the company of 'Abdullah bin 'Umar on the way to Mecca, he received the news of the severe illness of Safiya bint Abi Ubaid (i.e. his wife), so he proceeded at greater speed, and when the twilight disappeared, he dismounted and offered the Maghrib and 'Isha prayers together and said, " I saw the Prophet delaying the Maghrib prayer to offer it along with the 'Isha when he was in a hurry on a journey."

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 002, Book 020, Hadith Number 197.

Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar : "I saw Allah's Apostle delaying the Maghrib prayer till he offered it along with the 'Isha prayer whenever he was in a hurry during the journey." Salim narrated, "Ibn 'Umar used to do the same whenever he was in a hurry during the journey." And Salim added, "Ibn 'Umar used to pray the Maghrib and 'Isha prayers together in Al-Muzdalifa." Salim said, "Ibn 'Umar delayed the Maghrib prayer because at that time he heard the news of the death of his wife Safiya bint Abi 'Ubaid. I said to him, 'The prayer (is due).' He said, 'Go on.' Again I said, 'The prayer (is due).' He said, 'Go on,' till we covered two or three miles. Then he got down, prayed and said, 'I saw the Prophet praying in this way, whenever he was in a hurry during the journey.' 'Abdullah (bin 'Umar) added, "Whenever the Prophet was in a hurry, he used to delay the Maghrib prayer and then offer three Rakat (of the Maghrib) and perform Taslim, and after waiting for a short while, Iqama used to be pronounced for the 'Isha prayer when he would offer two Rakat and perform Taslim. He would never offer any optional prayer till the middle of the night (when he used to pray the Tahajjud)."

Last edited:
1) You showed him / us a link, from an institution which has zero credibility.
2) Do you want me to publish the UN report on children abuse by the Vatican?
3) Is this an institution you should be quoting, and gloating?

Your next move could open up a Pandora's box. Be careful, very careful!

Lolz!! are you threatening me?? :kiss3:

What you are saying is nothing to do with the topic. Open a new thread about it.. As far as topic is concerned, yes muslims can pray in Vatican..

Lolz!! are you threatening me?? :kiss3:
No telling you to quit trolling, and talking crap!

What you are saying is nothing to do with the topic. Open a new thread about it..
It has everything to do with your hypocrisy. You quote from an institution that has zero credibility, and then act dumb. Typical troll!

As far as topic is concerned, yes muslims can pray in Vatican..

No they can't. Provide us with a credible source. You just saying so, doesn't cut it!

Where did I ask you to show me churches?? I asked whether a Christian or Hindu can practice his faith with out fear in an Islamic country?

You are putting words on my mouth.. I never mentioned any christian sites criticizing Islam and why dont you check with your friends whether Saudis allow any churches in Saudi Arabia instead of showing some old non functioning church.. Those churches who you are showing were just before Islam was introduced..

Saudi Arabia is the exception but all other Muslim countries that are stable a Christian or Hindu can openly practice his/her faith.

Niyyat of the worshiper matters here.
If it was "Niyyat" that is what mattered as you said, prayer could have waited till he got to some proper place. But no, he had to do it in open and on a footpath just because it was time for prayer?

America is a tolerant country but dont expect these things for non muslims in Islamic countries,

Ooops, I mixed up this thread with another Islamophobic thread about some laws in some country(never mind) and good job on clearing people's misconception ;) though I would simply ignore them as trolls are never going to learn...
oh the shariah in Brunei :p:

I thought soo :D

Got personal remarks coz I think differently than others :ashamed:

Where did I ask you to show me churches?? I asked whether a Christian or Hindu can practice his faith with out fear in an Islamic country?
They have churches which simply shows that the current law wasnt always there (regarding practices of Non Muslims in Saudi)...sadly Vatican doesnt even have a mosque or a corner for Muslims to pray :tsk:

You are putting words on my mouth.. I never mentioned any christian sites criticizing Islam and why dont you check with your friends whether Saudis allow any churches in Saudi Arabia instead of showing some old non functioning church.. Those churches who you are showing were just before Islam was introduced..

Well, the very fact that the churches are the oldests maybe even in the world....shows the tolerance of Islam that it didnt tear it down when Muhammad was preaching or even when he managed to bring all of Arabia to Islam! That is what I was showing! That the current rule was not always there..were it there during Prophet's time you wouldnt see a 4th century church still standing!

They were beaten to death for defending an Ahmadi in court over a blasphemy case. I am against bigotry wherever it comes from. I have condemned any Indians that shows bigotry, people who have seen my posts will vouch for that.

As for the tolerance in your area, listen, I am not denying that a huge percentage of Pakistanis are actually very tolerant when it comes to religion. But there is an equally significant part that is steeped in religious bigotry from head to toe. There is no denying it. I have lived in several places in Pakistan, so it wasn't just one street. I have relatives and friends in other areas who report the same bigotry. So it can't be just one street I lived.
Well, then why advertise this steep bigotry and not advertise the tolerant part? By you advertising / crying over the bigotry people...you seem to have fueled them with the needed attention and confidence to continue on...Saddist people exist in every society!
As for Pakistanis not being nosy about other people, what would you call the forms one has to sign in Pakistan to get a passport categorically stating that they are not ahmadis and then abuse the founder of our community, that's not nosy at all is it?
That is not nosy...when you add Hydrogen to Oxygen you get water...You dont call it Hydrogen oxide but water or aqua or whatever...Likewise when you add another trait to Islam...how can you call it Islam? (Honest question)

or how about making a totally separate list of Ahmadi voters, even separate from other "non muslims". Guess to you that's not nosy at all? Or the fact that in some areas of Pakistan you cannot buy property if they find out you are Ahmadi. Nope, I guess that's not bigotry or being extremely nosy ?
That is not nosy but a little jahal maybe! I dont know about properties but why would you want to claim to be Ahmadi when you know what it is said about you in the adjusted Constitution? I had suggested a simple way out...Call yourselves Ahmadi different from Muslims...simple! Win win situation...Muslims wont fear adulteration of Islam and you guys wont be targeted...
Lol, you state I am projecting my "Gali's people" as whole of Pakistan, while you yourself do the exact same thing. Well okay, if by ignoring the fact that there are some serious problems in Pakistan makes you feel easier to sleep at night, then so be it.
No one is ignoring the problems but you by highlighting the small idiots who do something is definitely giving them confidence to grow! Who knows they will be like yes! We have shown Ahmadis this and that and they are crying to the media so its true! Saying so adds more people to wondering why you guys are scared!

Well what IF someone misses prayers on a regular basis?
they will still have angels to ask the questions no?

How is this a mockery? Did someone beat up the guy? Did someone say something bad? Did someone feel as offended as PDF Indians? :unsure:

Cars are not cheap here! What is the harm in praying in public? :unsure:
^no harm, i personally dont like it very much

Well, then why advertise this steep bigotry and not advertise the tolerant part? By you advertising / crying over the bigotry people...you seem to have fueled them with the needed attention and confidence to continue on...Saddist people exist in every society!
That is not nosy...when you add Hydrogen to Oxygen you get water...You dont call it Hydrogen oxide but water or aqua or whatever...Likewise when you add another trait to Islam...how can you call it Islam? (Honest question)

That is not nosy but a little jahal maybe! I dont know about properties but why would you want to claim to be Ahmadi when you know what it is said about you in the adjusted Constitution? I had suggested a simple way out...Call yourselves Ahmadi different from Muslims...simple! Win win situation...Muslims wont fear adulteration of Islam and you guys wont be targeted...
No one is ignoring the problems but you by highlighting the small idiots who do something is definitely giving them confidence to grow! Who knows they will be like yes! We have shown Ahmadis this and that and they are crying to the media so its true! Saying so adds more people to wondering why you guys are scared!

You're logic and reasoning is quite hilarious. Hydrogen oxide? lol. Ahmadis are crying to the media? yes, you should be glad we are crying to the media and not strapping bombs to ourselves like your fellow "believers". I mean the ones who blow themselves up are muslim according to your hydrogen formula? the ones who chop of Pakistanis heads are also muslims as well. Seems like the only time this crowd of a nation takes you seriously is when you start killing them, then you'll have bearded buffons calling you shaheeds and politicians falling over themselves to placate you.

You call bigotry and human rights "a little nosy". While muslims in western countries cry foul when a law is discussed that might curtail their own human rights. What a joke. By advertising the bigotry we fuel them? Then why do muslims cry about Palestine, or the Iraq war? I mean by your own logic, aren't you fuelling American oppression more when you protest etc?

And finally, your brilliant plan to stop persecution in Pakistan, throw away our fundamental human right to please bigots? I am not scared, if it wasn't for our beliefs, we could have also picked up our guns, I bet you would be singing a different tune then, right? We would probably also have zarvan type fellows on this forum defending our actions?

You're logic and reasoning is quite hilarious. Hydrogen oxide? lol. Ahmadis are crying to the media? yes, you should be glad we are crying to the media and not strapping bombs to ourselves like your fellow "believers". I mean the ones who blow themselves up are muslim according to your hydrogen formula? the ones who chop of Pakistanis heads are also muslims as well. Seems like the only time this crowd of a nation takes you seriously is when you start killing them, then you'll have bearded buffons calling you shaheeds and politicians falling over themselves to placate you.

You call bigotry and human rights "a little nosy". While muslims in western countries cry foul when a law is discussed that might curtail their own human rights. What a joke. By advertising the bigotry we fuel them? Then why do muslims cry about Palestine, or the Iraq war? I mean by your own logic, aren't you fuelling American oppression more when you protest etc?

And finally, your brilliant plan to stop persecution in Pakistan, throw away our fundamental human right to please bigots? I am not scared, if it wasn't for our beliefs, we could have also picked up our guns, I bet you would be singing a different tune then, right? We would probably also have zarvan type fellows on this forum defending our actions?
Ahmadi detected

Did I say they are Muslims? Show me 1 post I said what your brain went in a fury about! Learn to fix your mindset first before pointing fingers... And from what you wrote...(made bold to show as proof) It seems like you are dying to be recognized by the same people you are claiming bearded baffoons?! :unsure:
You call bigotry and human rights "a little nosy".
Did I? I questioned the term nosy introduced! You introduced it in post 419 not me...Kindly distinguish what you say when you are angry from what I said...Dont try to put your words in my statements!
While muslims in western countries cry foul when a law is discussed that might curtail their own human rights. What a joke. By advertising the bigotry we fuel them? Then why do muslims cry about Palestine, or the Iraq war? I mean by your own logic, aren't you fuelling American oppression more when you protest etc?
You do fuel them when you advertise they are after you! Esp when you proudly say you are Ahmadi and challenge them! Its like kicking a crocodile and waiting for it to apologize to you for the kick! Or when you make a mockery (already discussed in another thread you can ask @Azlan Haider for the thread where I went through what Mr. Mirza himself said equating himself to Muhammad and hence justifying his stance as a Rasool...seriously in such a way any man called Muhammad and Ahmad should start proclaiming he gets revelations and is the chosen one....a story for another day but that in itself is mocking us!) ...After mocking us you say we are the evil ones! :unsure:

I never called you bigot but you seem to be calling us bigots and then saying you are the oppressed? :undecided:

You seem to want nothing but attention from the wrong crowd ...that is all you seem to have mentioned why isnt anyone giving me attention kind of speech ^^

You insult the Quran by getting your own msg out of it to prove some random Muhammad Ghullam Mirza (ya 3 pieces of names no rasool had 3 pieces of names at birth) started getting revelations in Arabic (no rasool got any revelations except that in his mother tongue...Mirza sahab didnt get it in Urdu nor Sanskrit but a learned language called Arabic) then he claims just coz he gets revelations from Muhammad in heaven ...he is not rebunking the seal of the prophethood coz he is not a new prophet but is one with Muhammad...How come this sounds like the holy trinity? :what:

How has this thread taken a turn towards Qadianiat? I am very surprised.

As someone who has often prayed in Airport lounges, grassy lawns, road-sides, etc.. in USA & UK when time for prayer came and no Masjid or private area was available, I wondered about this thread a few days ago and decided to keep away. No need to be part of a debate where most people would not want to understand the reason, need, or logic of praying in public.

I just happened to see @Talon 's name mentioned at the top of this thread and opened it to see what she may have to contribute. Lo and behold she is arguing with a Qadiani member. How come this thread came to this?

Back
Top Bottom