What happens After Death ? Soul , Body , Consciousness and After life

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeBeWarned

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
From the Dawn of Mankind, Death is something that we as Human tries to conquer through various mean and failed, through out the human history there were people who tries to gain eternal life or become immortal via magic and in Modern times through a Quantum computer to store ones consciousness into a super computer which can be later put into a newly formed body which can either be born or created in a lab, But it is more hard done then said and after a long battle with Life and death people realize that there is no way to conquer death, and at the end of the day every one will die, Some people like Hindu believes in Reincarnation that only their bodies die but their Roof ( atma ) based on their Karma transferred into another form or Body and this process last until the Soul is granted Mokash which is the Immortality .

From a more Islamic Prospect There is no way a body can achieve Immortality without first dying, soul which Allah created before the body itself technically can not die but only be taken away temporarily with the command of Allah . In the Quran Allah said, " Every soul will taste death " ( 3:185 ) Just to note that I only put the first part of the Verse, but i am retaining the other part for the latter , So according to the Quran that every soul will taste death but it eventually means the death will come to the body but the experience will be felt by the soul itself, which to extent means that Soul and body are to some degree two separate entities which were in-joint by the Allah through a process and both of them will taste their demise in their own unique way, one might say that the death of body occurs when our organs die with the age the functionality of our organs starts to fade until the moment they give because they are made of cells which itself has their life span, the soul on the other even though it is created as immortal but the taste of death is quite scaring and soul wrenching ( Irony ) . I am gonna first focus on the soul part , Soul is clearly describe in the Quran through various verses such as ( 17:85 , 16:111 and so on ) if we study the concept of Soul we find out that body and soul exists before one another it can exists without one and other, In a Narration Prophet Muhammad Pbuh describe the creation and transfer of soul to Adam AS ( first human ) body which God breath into him , The interesting part of this narration is that the soul entered the body through the brain and makes it way to Adam AS body, when it travels to his nose and mouth he sneeze and said [ Shukar Alhamdulliah ] Praise to be Allah, as soon as he woke up he tries to get up but the soul took some time to reach his legs, he try to stand up but the legs were lifeless and God smile and Say , Oh Mankind you are always in haste . Today the science evidently proves that the functions of our body is controlled via our brain, So does this mean that the soul resides without our brain ? Is it possible that the consciousness and the soul are the same thing ? I guess we will never know because Allah said in Quran " “only a little knowledge was communicated to man” (17:85) . It is such a astonishing thought that all our lives different people try to satisfy their souls through various means some with peace, some with love , some with freedom and yet they are confused about its existence and to the people of faith particularly Muslims are told very little about what it exactly is, all our lives we try to cleanse and save our souls without even knowing what it is and how it functions .

To continue this with a light of Islam, the first body was created by Allah from the Clay from the world from all the land , which describe the color we are differently born in, of course that is the matter of faith but more scientifically our color is based on our DNA which is the code of Information which creates us for who we are , I will not go in details of what is/can be the connection of Soul and DNA I will leave it on a vague thought , if DNA determine who we are from our physical appearance to all the way to what kind of personality we will have then it might have some connection to our soul which inhabit our bodies and rules the consciousness . Coming back to the Body, It is a complex construct of cells which is majority made up of water, Although we were given/developed a complex immune system which heals the damage cells and try to keep our bodies function to its extend but eventually with our age our organs starts to fail, our eyes sight become dull , our heart becomes weak, our skin becomes wrinkly and even our memory becomes weak and vague, this begs the question if the body is controlled by the soul then why does we see effects on our consciousness, if body age and soul doesn't then how come we start to forget things in our old age, and our brain starts dis-function when we cross the 70's or even 80's ?

Coming now to the After life, because if the souls remain alive then it has to go somewhere and if it is energy then the common laws of universe says that you just can not destroy the matter or energy but it can transformed itself, People who has experience near death experiences has some interesting things to say about their departure and today even the science are re-educating itself on the concept of Soul and what is on the other side .The Famous scientist Stephen Hawking before his death concluded that there is no God, I guess now he definitely knows if there is a God or not, but thing is that it is now to late . The Dilemma with this notion is that a person who denies the existence of a higher power and soul while he/she is alive can be very much satisfied with this until he/she dies and find out its not the case but then it is too late to change anything cause once you are dead you are dead and there is no coming back to haunt or warn anyone , and for those who believes in the higher Deity and soul , when they die and for argument sake let assume they found nothing on the other side then what exactly is that ( Nothing ) emptiness ? the unending dark abyss ?
In this video some Doctors talks about the research they are conducting with those who had near death experiences , and its small but interesting video, do check out ..

Now coming to the Experience of Death itself , Death in some cultures including Islam has been called as a Temporarily sleep. From a more Scientific prospect Death means " is the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. " but we also have examples of people with near Death experiences where their biological functions failed and yet within the minutes they gain their consciousness back, some even go to extend of describing vivd details of the people and their happening surrounding their lifeless bodies which is indeed fascinating to say the least, from a more Religious View point as i said, Death is more like a Sleep and In the pure Islamic view Point death is a extension of sleep, When we sleep Allah took our souls but yet they are connected to our bodies and when we wakes up God releases those souls and those who are suppose to die in their sleeps their souls are kept , There are numerous examples from the people who describe their near death experiences as somewhat similar to going into a deep sleep with some adding that they saw lights and tunnels , some even see Stars and heavens , it might be hallucination but it can be extension of their souls departing because of their Organ failure but Allah/God/Higher power returning it to them because this is not their time . This might push a notion that our soul is more active then we think it is , and it keeps a strict eye on our bodily functions that as soon as our body's primary life supporting functions failed Souls try to depart based on the mechanism God as created among his creation .

Now Shifting it from a more Scientific reasoning , we are made up of matter and so it can neither be created nor destroy only transformed itself into energy if our body is matter ,then what is our Soul is made off ? Science is skeptical about the soul because if they agree on it they might get forced to accept the higher form which created the soul in the first place, because the utter randomness which mostly Non Theists believe that from the moment of Big bang and the creation itself we are actually the product of random events that comes to together to form Stars , then Galaxies and later Solar systems and later the formation of single cell life to all the way to the complex form of life ( Humans ) if we apply this logic and further it even that souls are random forms of energy hovering over the Universe or Galaxy only to be randomly given to bodies by unknown then it will sound as absurd as they claim some religious claims to be . Some other evidence which even Science can not unseen is the fact of temperature/weight changes in an alive and dead body but it also doesn't prove the existence of a God now does it ? The basic fault with Science is that it entire functions and research based upon testing different things under a more controlled environment where as nature which exists our the laws of Physics and universe are not bound to it , hence even though they might take a different route in order to determine the truth their destination hardly collide with one another, we have noticed that a lot of information is scattered around many of these Scriptures from various religions which talks about various scientific facts which only later to be proven to be right by scientific experiments .

In conclusion I want to say that the understanding of life and death can not be put under the limited space of its purpose , or only be seen as a mortal body which after its time starts to failed and then lost in the time and history ,When Religion emphasize on the life has more meaning that meats the eye, its the same notion that more faithless people take when describing the Universe , how vast it , how it functions and how bizarre the laws are in Quantum levels , we just can not put that Genie in the bottle either by science or Religion itself . Death is certain for every single life form , anything or anyone that claims to be alive has to die its a unwritten and unexplained law which science has no answer to it, we know why we die, but Science can not Answer Why We have to Die ? and so comes the Religion to carry that notion further ahead by giving those depressed and scared humans a reason to feel that they are part of something much greater then the universe itself , losing ourselves into nothing or a dark abyss is as confusing the thought of Something out of nothing, and it goes back into nothing again . The best way to understand is to reflect on what we are surrounded by, the experience of life and death of a loved one, experience such as love , care , loyalty and honesty which can not be measured by science or determined by it , they help us understand that everything that surround us has a greater meaning to it, we are not a product a utter randomness and we have more value to us or at least a part of carries on and lives on which is our soul , where does it go has to be further determine from various methods such as karma or Good or bad deeds for which a soul is either rewarded or condemned to fire of hell or something similar to it . The part that makes us US , is indeed unique to everyone and to some degree its even more unique then our finger print, the way you are , the way you think , the way you react to certain emotion , feelings etc can not replicated by any technology or science known to men, neither can it be ..

I will try to add more stuff to it, if anyone wants further opinion on a specific topic feel free to ask or share your opinion here, but Please keep it civil , people who have no faith or religion doesn't have to use incendiary language to deny the religious theories , and the people who follow a faith doesn't have to use the foul language for those who doesn't believe in it .

Jazak Allah khair ..

Starlord

@LeGenD @jaibi @Joe Shearer @araz @AgNoStiC MuSliM @SQ8 @WebMaster @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Nilgiri @American Pakistani @Desert Fox @DESERT FIGHTER @Psychic @BHarwana @Philosopher@waz @Rafi @fatman17 @PakSword @PakFactor @Moonlight @niaz

Last edited:
Some things are better experienced than explained..Why hurry ? You will eventually experience it ..body soul consciousness is here in this life .. try to experience it when you're alive rather than doing hypothesis for Afterlife..

That is down to what one believes in for now.
It'll remain a moot point at the moment and in the near foreseeable future.

@Starlord always comes up with a different yet interesting topic everytime. He sure is a gem of our PDF society. And also please don't derail this interesting thread with unnecessary trolling and bringing up "fazoool" questions.

Only the dead know.

That is interesting point my friend, you say only the dead knows but if all we know and whatever we knows of ends with our death, then how come we know anything after we die ? if someone say only the dead knows then indirectly we are assuming the existence of something that remain alive and holds a conscious to know and to not know !! ..

Some things are better experienced than explained..Why hurry ? You will eventually experience it ..body soul consciousness is here in this life .. try to experience it when you're alive rather than doing hypothesis for Afterlife..

No one is hurrying, after life can exists or not it can be a matter of faith and science itself, just as another guy said only dead can know but if we are dead how can we know ? and if know then there is something or some form of intelligence or consciousness left in us even after death that has the ability to know things , and not know things .

I'm very interested to read such topics, thanks for tagging. I'm definitely going to read the whole op once time permits. Thanks again.

Do give it a read bro, Its always refreshing to learn from people and their understandings of things .. and Please add up if you see something is missing , and neglect any grammatical mistakes :P not the best at English :)

I don't know if this is stupid question to ask but I want to know what people here(Muslims and non Muslims) think of soul in scientific terms.

Better to achieve the Hakiki Ya'kin before it's too late!!! How it can be achieved by falling behind the likes of MBS/MBZ/Sisi etc. and their High Priests (even inside the Haremain)- all at the service of Iblis - is a question though.....

As per the KITAP, the most of the mankind worship Satan, and death is like a "mini Kiyamet" at the individual level! And, Hazret-i Azrail (AS) and his entourage don't show up empty handed!!! The punishment for the majority would start then and there!!! And, it never ends....

Last edited:
Great thread brother, thanks for the tag. I read through the OP and can tell that you have been thinking alot on these matters. Very well written and to the point.

You raised one question. Why do Muslims not talk about Ruh (soul) often?

Well those answers are found mostly in Sufism. Atleast the little that we have come to understand and relay to others. At some point, that knowledge is not able to be explained. It must be experienced by one's own self.

There was a thread here which dealt with the topic.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/self...eing-ibn-al-arabis-wisdom-of-divinity.664733/

Only the dead know.

And the ones who are truly alive.

I don't know if this is stupid question to ask but I want to know what people here(Muslims and non Muslims) think of soul in scientific terms.

Ok let me try, People comes to Prophet and ask about the soul, and hence comes the revelation of " “They ask thee concerning the spirit (or soul). Say, the spirit is from the ‘Amr” of my Lord; but you (people) have not been given knowledge but a little”. (Qur’an 17:85).

we are given a very limited knowledge about soul itself that we don't know what it is until we die, the interesting thing about the soul is that even Allah separately mention the soul in Quran, most importantly when Allah said in Quran , " Every Soul will taste death " now this statement holds enough to unwrap that it would take a whole new thread, soul will taste death but think about this if the soul is immortal then how come it will die ? our souls return to our bodies to be initial questions by Munkir and Nakir . After that Q&A the souls are return to our bodies in grave to start to face the consequence of what we did . those who died a martyr bypass all that and go gardens .

Read this piece, its interesting .. Also I am still reconfirming all the information so be cautious about what's been said in the link ..
https://www.britannica.com/science/death/The-fate-of-the-soul

Soul comes from God directly, it is not part of physical world so it cannot be understood by physics law. According to me from my interpretation of verses in Quran, Soul has somewhat similar to God Dzat (essence), so it is why it is said whether in hadith (I forgot) that the world cannot contain God, but the pure soul can. It is why a Sufi often said that there is God in his heart (the place where the soul might be).

It cannot be understood by physic, but can be understood by logic, and logic is the source of science.

As for the Ehl-i Iman, death is like a "discharge with honor" letter for a soldier on duty!!! It's like the time to receive awards and pensions for all the hard work rendered with Iman and Ihlas!! And, to live a happy retired life...

As for the Ehl-i Iman, death is like a journey from darkness to light; from trials and tribulations to comfort; from melancholy to ecstasy; from loneliness to gathering of 99% of the folks you love and respect....

As for the Ehl-i Dunya, death is like fear, defeat, darkness, loneliness, uncertainty, tribulation, punishment etc....

Better to achieve the Hakiki Ya'kin before it's too late!!! How it can be achieved by falling behind the likes of MBS/MBZ/Sisi etc. and their High Priests (even inside the Haremain)- all at the service of Iblis - is a question though.....

As per the KITAP, the most of the mankind worship Satan, and death is like a "mini Kiyamet" at the individual level! And, Hazret-i Azrail (AS) and his entourage don't show up empty handed!!! The punishment for the majority would start then and there!!! And, it never ends....

You know what Fascinate me brother, the two things such as when i watch and hear people describing near death situation and match it with the narration of Prophet where he talks about how a soul of a good human will be taken and how the soul of a evil person will taken, the similarities are striking ..

Second thing is when we sleep our souls are taken, meaning goes out of bodies but our body still functions , that means soul is not the only entity that controls our functions, and to some the idea of our soul coming out to look at our lifeless bodies , what would our soul think ? and do we lose the ability to think once our soul leave our bodies ? trust me bro, i am thinking hard to understand this whole thing for quite some time, and the way i am until i find a satisfactory answer for myself, i will never be able to get peace ..

Great thread brother, thanks for the tag. I read through the OP and can tell that you have been thinking alot on these matters. Very well written and to the point.

You raised one question. Why do Muslims not talk about Ruh (soul) often?

Well those answers are found mostly in Sufism. Atleast the little that we have come to understand and relay to others. At some point, that knowledge is not able to be explained. It must be experienced by one's own self.

There was a thread here which dealt with the topic.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/self...eing-ibn-al-arabis-wisdom-of-divinity.664733/

And the ones who are truly alive.

Sufism , mostly follow up how to cleanse and release your soul from the bonds of materialistic things, but even them have hard time in explaining the soul and what it is, cause the knowledge was not given to us by Allah himself as said in Quran, so for us as Muslims if Prophet can not explain better because Allah withhold it, then we are nothing compared to his knowledge of what is/was/will be hidden from our eyes .

Ok let me try, People comes to Prophet and ask about the soul, and hence comes the revelation of " “They ask thee concerning the spirit (or soul). Say, the spirit is from the ‘Amr” of my Lord; but you (people) have not been given knowledge but a little”. (Qur’an 17:85).
Allah said in Quran , " Every Soul will taste death " now this statement holds enough to unwrap that it would take a whole new thread, soul will taste death but think about this if the soul is immortal then how come it will die ? our souls return to our bodies to be initial questions by Munkir and Nakir . After that Q&A the souls are return to our bodies in grave to start to face the consequence of what we did . those who died a martyr bypass all that and go gardens .

Read this piece, its interesting .. Also I am still reconfirming all the information so be cautious about what's been said in the link ..
https://www.britannica.com/science/death/The-fate-of-the-soul

Here, Souls wound understand their worldly life has ended, and they are in the grave!! They feel both happiness and sorrow...

Only the Soul of a Shehit doesn't understand he/she has died!!! A Shehit lives in a "virtual" world (from our perspective), created for him, where he continuously performs his duty!!! For example, a Shehit F16 pilot would be running CAPs 24/7......

Of course, Allah-u Azimushshan knows and does the best....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom