What's new

What do Indians think of the Nepalese

People of Sikkim wanted to be with India, and they are not complaining being part of India, now they are proud Indians and we are also proud of our beautiful state Sikkim. As far as I know, Nepal wants to remain a sovereign country, so they will remain a sovereign country, we have no plan to do a "Tibet" there.

Sikkim joined the Indian Union on the behest of the Nepali speaking population who wanted more recognition and rights. In no does the Nepalese government question India's sovereignty over the region. Nevertheless, we do share a common language, culture, and history with the majority population of Sikkim. They're the descendants of Nepali migrants, thus their connection with Nepal. But there's no doubt that the Sikkimese are Indian citizens.

I think they dont have much positive view abt Nepalese to be honest and they look down at them because nepalese get very low level jobs in their cities who come as immigrants.

Kind of their version of superiority complex.

Not entirely true. Most Nepalis who go to India tend to come from poor socioeconomic background with little to no skills. There are plenty of Nepalis in India who work in high skill positions, including IT, hotels, as well as numerous other industries.

What do we think of Nepalis? Really, the 2 sentiments that automatically come to mind - honesty and bravery. It is a bit of a stereotype, I agree. But most Nepalis who come to India - come here legally and come here for work. I've never seen any discrimination against Nepalis in Bombay - have seen it against people from UP and Bihar but not against Nepalis.

Not entirely true. Most Nepalis who go to India tend to come from poor socioeconomic background with little to no skills. There are plenty of Nepalis in India who work in high skill positions, including IT, hotels, as well as numerous other industries.
my view was based on what i heard abt them while interacting with indians on this forum. However that view might be wrong as its not a concrete view based on facts.

As far as i know i know some madhesis who are my friends,We both share the same culture, tradition,festivals etc.

Sikkim joined the Indian Union on the behest of the Nepali speaking population who wanted more recognition and rights. In no does the Nepalese government question India's sovereignty over the region. Nevertheless, we do share a common language, culture, and history with the majority population of Sikkim. They're the descendants of Nepali migrants, thus their connection with Nepal. But there's no doubt that the Sikkimese are Indian citizens.

He doesn't know much about nepalis and nepalis in india, he is merely giving a third person account of how they might be, i know Nepalis who work in IT Companies in south india and as doctors all over India.You might not notice them unless you ask them where they are from.

Besides Sita mata ,wife of Lord Ram comes from Nepal, from Janakpuri.

Last edited:
my view was based on what i heard abt them while interacting with indians on this forum. However that view might be wrong as its not a concrete view based on facts.

Oh ok. You should pay a visit to Nepal. We're very welcoming! :)

As far as i know i know some madhesis who are my friends,We both share the same culture, tradition,festivals etc.

He doesn't know much about nepalis and nepalis in india, he is merely giving a third person account of how they might be, i know Nepalis who work in IT Companies in south india and as doctors all over India.You might not notice them unless you ask them where they are from.

Besides Sita mata ,wife of Lord Ram comes from Nepal, from Janakpuri.

Since Nepal has so many ethnic groups, some are closer to the Indians, others closer to Tibetans and the rest tend to be isolated tribes with their own unique customs; we also have groups that are both Hindu AND Buddhist. It's fascinating to see how the two religions intermingle, particularly in the Newar kingdoms of the Kathmandu Valley (which has now become a melting pot of all Nepalese ethnicities and tribes).

Mata Sita is a thread that connects Nepal with India. There's a yearly procession from India to the Nepalese city of Janakpur (location of the Janaki Mandir). Did you know Janakpur was the capital of the ancient Mithila kingdom, which across southeastern Nepal and part of Bihar state in India? Our histories are fascinating! :)

Oh ok. You should pay a visit to Nepal. We're very welcoming! :)
i know i have been to Kathmandu twice. I dont know abt Indians but from what i have seen Nepal People love Pakistanis. specially girls:P

People of Sikkim wanted to be with India, and they are not complaining being part of India, now they are proud Indians and we are also proud of our beautiful state Sikkim. As far as I know, Nepal wants to remain a sovereign country, so they will remain a sovereign country, we have no plan to do a "Tibet" there.
there are many theories as to what really happened in Sikkim. The prime minster who took part in the coup Lendup Dorje is seen as a traitor and hated in Sikkim. They don't seem happy in Sikkim I doubt they would want to be part of Nepal again but they have been asking for a separate state Gurkha-land for a while now .

Here is an article on the subject it's an interesting read

here is an abstract from it

In an interview, then Agriculture Minister of Sikkim KC Pradhan recalled that the referendum was nothing but a charade. “Indian soldiers rigged the polls by pointing rifles at the hapless voters,” he said. Immediately after the referendum, Kazi Lhendup moved a motion in the parliament proposing that Sikkim be annexed to India . The 32-member parliament, which had 31 members from Lhendup’s SNC—passed the motion without a blink. Needless to say that the entire episode was being orchestrated by India . The then Indian envoy to Sikkim (known as ‘political officer’) BS Das wrote in his book The Sikkim Saga, Sikkim ’s merger was necessary for Indian national interest. And we worked to that end. Maybe if the Chogyal had been smarter, and played his cards better, it wouldn’t have turned out the way it did.”

The Story of Bhutanese Refugees: How Nepalese Helped Topple Sikkim

I have also read another article it said how India wished they hadn't annexed Sikkim but it is now to late, And how King Birendra was given reassurance by Washington USA that Nepal would not fail the same faith as Sikkim. I don't want to say much more about it if I did you will probably think I am trolling you some guy called me a moabadi before. I can bring tons of stuff here the whole situation. Any way it is better to have a Tibet than an other Manipur or Kashmire where people are just killed by the government troops

there are many theories as to what really happened in Sikkim. The prime minster who took part in the coup Lendup Dorje is seen as a traitor and hated in Sikkim. They don't seem happy in Sikkim I doubt they would want to be part of Nepal again but they have been asking for a separate state Gurkha-land for a while now .

In an interview, then Agriculture Minister of Sikkim KC Pradhan recalled that the referendum was nothing but a charade. “Indian soldiers rigged the polls by pointing rifles at the hapless voters,” he said. Immediately after the referendum, Kazi Lhendup moved a motion in the parliament proposing that Sikkim be annexed to India . The 32-member parliament, which had 31 members from Lhendup’s SNC—passed the motion without a blink. Needless to say that the entire episode was being orchestrated by India . The then Indian envoy to Sikkim (known as ‘political officer’) BS Das wrote in his book The Sikkim Saga, Sikkim ’s merger was necessary for Indian national interest. And we worked to that end. Maybe if the Chogyal had been smarter, and played his cards better, it wouldn’t have turned out the way it did.”

I have also read another article it said how India wished they hadn't annexed Sikkim but it is now to late, And how King Birendra was given reassurance by Washington USA that Nepal would not fail the same faith as Sikkim. I don't want to say much more about it if I did you will probably think I am trolling you some guy called me a moabadi before. I can bring tons of stuff here the whole situation. Any way it is better to have a Tibet than an other Manipur or Kashmire where people are just killed by the government troops

Sikkim is the most peaceful state in India and there's no support for any kind of seccession from India, Sikkim though ruled by ethnic Sikkimese Chogyal has majority Nepali community who always favoured its merger with India. Moreover Sikkim was annexed by Nepal for a brief period and was not a part of Nepal, it has been ruled by Sikkimese Chogyal and has its unique histrory and culture different from Nepal. There had been struggle for territory between Nepal, Bhutan and Sikkim sicne these kingdoms were established.

There's no Gorkhaland demand in Sikkim, its the Indian Gorkhas living in northern West Bengal who are demading Gorkhaland on ethnic grounds .

How exaclty did you arrive at the conclusion that Kazi Dorjee is seen as a traitor in Sikkim ? Did you interact with any Sikkimese on this issue ? There's a member form Sikkim in this forum , you can clear your doubts with him.

i know i have been to Kathmandu twice. I dont know abt Indians but from what i have seen Nepal People love Pakistanis. specially girls:P

Hahhaa! Well, you should venture outside Kathmandu as you don't get the essence of Nepal in the cities. They're in the countryside! :)

Sikkim is the most peaceful state in India and there's no support for any kind of seccession from India, Sikkim though ruled by ethnic Sikkimese Chogyal has majority Nepali community who always favoured its merger with India. Moreover Sikkim was annexed by Nepal for a brief period and was not a part of Nepal, it has been ruled by Sikkimese Chogyal and has its unique histrory and culture different from Nepal. There had been struggle for territory between Nepal, Bhutan and Sikkim sicne these kingdoms were established.

There's no Gorkhaland demand in Sikkim, its the Indian Gorkhas living in northern West Bengal who are demading Gorkhaland on ethnic grounds .

How exaclty did you arrive at the conclusion that Kazi Dorjee is seen as a traitor in Sikkim ? Did you interact with any Sikkimese on this issue ? There's a member form Sikkim in this forum , you can clear your doubts with him.
Well there are many articles that say he was seen as a traitor and the fact when he died no one attended his funeral I am off

Well there are many articles that say he was seen as a traitor and the fact when he died no one attended his funeral I am off

I would trust @Tshering22 's opinion on this issue.

And for your 'love' for China and 'hate' for India (I am also referring to your comments on the other thread about China that were later deleted by mods), I would like to remind you that China is doing everything, to a much higher degree, that you accuse India of doing; forced annexation of Tibet, oppressing people's right in Tibet & Xinjiang, bullying smaller neighbors like Vietnam, Philippines, etc. Nepal is far off from the Chinese mainland with much lesser focus from China, otherwise you may not have liked their attention by now.

I would trust @Tshering22 's opinion on this issue.

And for your 'love' for China and 'hate' for India (I am also referring to your comments on the other thread about China that were later deleted by mods), I would like to remind you that China is doing everything, to a much higher degree, that you accuse India of doing; forced annexation of Tibet, oppressing people's right in Tibet & Xinjiang, bullying smaller neighbors like Vietnam, Philippines, etc. Nepal is far off from the Chinese mainland with much lesser focus from China, otherwise you may not have liked their attention by now.
When have i said i hate indians I have indian family members I am only saying I don't want nepal to be like Manipur where the army kills and rape people and nothing happens to them (talking about the armed forces special powers act ) where zero development has taken place and there are no support for the people, even though they have thousands of graduates in that part of the country yet it is a hellhole with load setting. I would rather have a rich developed Tibet than a hellish Manipur. and no I have not made another post about love for chinna and hate for India I don't remember getting a notification by the admins about having my post deleted. I am only talking about the stuff I have seen and read I am not accusing anyone of anything from what I have read there is a lot of bullying of Nepal by India. India has a lot of control over Nepal it's politics it's money it's business the army just the other day some Indian army helicopter broke into Nepali air space the government won't do anything because it can't. India does commit human rights abuse to but non seem to be reported as India is a friend of the west

When have i said i hate indians I have indian family members I am only saying I don't want nepal to be like Manipur where the army kills and rape people and nothing happens to them (talking about the armed forces special powers act ) where zero development has taken place and there are no support for the people, even though they have thousands of graduates in that part of the country yet it is a hellhole with load setting. I would rather have a rich developed Tibet than a hellish Manipur. and no I have not made another post about love for chinna and hate for India I don't remember getting a notification by the admins about having my post deleted. I am only talking about the stuff I have seen and read I am not accusing anyone of anything from what I have read there is a lot of bullying of Nepal by India. India has a lot of control over Nepal it's politics it's money it's business the army just the other day some Indian army helicopter broke into Nepali air space the government won't do anything because it can't. India does commit human rights abuse to but non seem to be reported as India is a friend of the west

Manipur's Human Development Index is more than Nepal and you will find many Nepalis ( from Nepal ) working for livelihood in Manipur but hardly any Manipuri in Nepal. Manipur is an insurgency ridden state and there had been some instances of excess by the security forces in the past but that does not mean army or paramilitary is on a killing spree as you are trying to project, these are rare cases hyped by vested interests and supporters of insurgent groups to create a negative image of the secuity forces. Why dont you ask the Tibetans what do they prefer, every year large number of tibetans leave "developed tibet" to seek asylum in India , self-immolation of tibetans monks is in news every now and then.

Every country looks for its own interest, Indian interest in Nepal is restricted to protect its trade interests and see that Nepali territory is not used by its adversaries against India. Of late there has been increased activities of Pakistani and Chinese intelligence agencies to snoop on India using porous borders with Nepal. Moreover its the Nepali politicians who are the main cause of your misery and they conveniently pass on the blame for their ills to boogeyman India and people easily buy their claims.Nepal gets many concessions from India and in return India expects Nepal to respect its security interests. If Nepal tries to play India with China to extract maximum gains from both then it will be the ultimate loser in the long run not India or China.

Uh, this thread below had lots of hate material posted by you which was deleted later, some 2-3 pages are gone now, but I read all that before the posts were deleted. :)
What do Chinese think of the Nepal

Those times of India's independence and partition of India in three parts, nation building by forming an union, those were troubled times, now the region has somewhat stabilized and there is no question annexing Nepal, however, you can continue fighting against that imaginary annexation of Nepal.
Manipur is going through trouble and didn't prosper to that extant because of the insurgency, but situation is improving there also, however, I am not sure if Nepal is doing any better than Manipur, you should worry about building your nation instead of worrying about Manipur.

And what violation of Nepal's airspace you are talking about when we have given Nepalis all the rights to come to India without visa, settle here, work here, even in government jobs, will you call it a violation of India's landspace?

Back
Top Bottom