What's new

What do Chinese think of the Indians

Here is what I think about Indians

1. Indians like to fight.
Once I met a group of Indians in my company headed by a Singh. They asked me to join them to beat up a guy they suspect of stealing cars around our office. Of course I decline.

There is also a joke about how the M’sian Indian Congress party would always need new chairs for a meeting because all the old chairs were all broken in the last meeting. Ho ho ho

2. Many marriage are arranged and the girl family provide the dowry.

I know this Indian engineer who for years drive a really old car. Then just before he was to get married, he showed me his brand new Honda Civic Dual Cam and let me test drive it. I suspect the car was part of the dowry but he denied it.

The higher rank the bigger the dowry. A Ceylonese Tamil manager I knew even got a bungalow. And before he got married he also drove an old beetle.

I also know a very nice Indian couple. A very high level manager whose wife told my wife that their marriage was arranged.

Indian marriages are really boring. Only interesting part is the very last part when everybody suddenly throw the rice towards the married couple.

3. The caste system is still very much alive.

Once we had an Indian visitor from the US with a sir name Jian. My Indian engineer immediately told me that he is of a very high caste. He knew that by just seeing his name ! A very knowledgably Chinese friend told me to look at the shade of the color of the skin of married couple. They are always of the same shade.

4. Indian like to drive very fast and buy cars they cannot afford.

I knew an Indian engineer who came to work on a Honda cup. Within only two years he got a 2nd hand Honda Hatchback SI which is a very powerful car. He drive crazy fast. Once I was in his car and he accelerated so fast I could feel myself sinking into the seat. I never sat in his car again. I was very surprise that even after 5 years he was still paying for the 2nd hand car.

I twice sold my old cars to Indians. The first was a Singh who had to wait for his payday to pay off the last bit and still did not pay the complete amount. I refuse to give him the keys until he finally paid up in full.

The second time I sold my civic to an Indian I suspect of getting some of the money via his company supplier. He was very nervous when the sale was completed. Its none of my business so I did not care.

There is also this joke in Malaysia.
If a Indian buy a car he will ask how fast it can go
If a Chinese buy a car he will ask how much is the second hand value
If a Malay buy a car he will ask how many people will it fit inside
Finally … When a Singh buy a car he will ask how good is the suspension. Ha ha ha

5. Indian like to drink.
You can always see Indians drinking even during lunch. Once in a restaurant a table next to us some underage Indians were drinking. There is even a saying that if ever the Malay Muslim Government impose no alcohol, the Indians will help prevent that from ever happening. He he he
Even the ex-President of Singapore Devan Nair was an alcoholic.

I would like to agree with you... You have got a good sense of observation.... though dowry and caste system is very few, and most Indians now are against it... and about that drink hard drive fast fight to the last thing, we Indians love it :cheers:

Many Indians are big mouthed, small handed and opportunist talkers.

Well what do Chinese think of Indians do the Chinese watch Bollywood films

I did watch some BFs on youtube, Indian are really capable in making an action movie into a comedy movie. :lol:

(no offense~)

Just like this one, I literally stop breathing while watching this.

Last edited:
Most Chinese never really interact with Indians and bollywood movies are not really often viewed in Chinese network, the most famous piece of India media is probably Tunak Tunak Tun.

For some reason I just couldn't stop smiling while watching it.

I currently live in US, so I do get more interaction with Indian considering I am an electrical engineer, where the department is full of Chinese and Indians. I don't really have any complains against Indians aside from having to ask each one of them if they have any specific dietary requirements every time we go out for group dinner.

Yes, thats what I meant..Is it a common practice ? Is it done because of the perception that a Chinese name will be rather difficult to pronounce for a foreigner ?

Yes. Chinese uses the English alphabet as pronunciation aid for the young. (There was an older system of pronunciation aids, but those got phased out in favor of the current English alphabet based one) But some of them are pronounced differently, not to mention rhythm of pronunciation is significantly different. As a result, a lot of Chinese people just pick an easy to use English name.

Last edited:
Well what do Chinese think of Indians do the Chinese watch Bollywood films
Get rid of this bs system and no to the 2nd question.

I interact with many Chinese guys regularly, part of my job.Now they have two different names, they tell me.One Mandarin, and another English..I never actually bothered to ask them about it, as when I'm working, I try to keep my conversations brief and to the point.So, I'm asking here..Can somebody tell me about it?
I think you meant: English character VS Chinese character

Example:
Alex Fong or Fong Chung-Sun VS 方中信

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom