What's new

What did China's first daughter find in America?

lol, are you trying to track the guy down or something.

Nope, just been here long enough to recognize his trolling tactics. He's also trolled a couple Chinese members here in the past where he admitted he's not Chinese.

I am not Vietnamese Americans so I don’t really have any interest how Vietnamese do in America.

I am a Vietnamese studying abroad and I do plan to go back to VN when I finish. This doesn’t mean I need to be anti-west, etc. Im just giving my opinions, and my observations.

Thanks for telling your experience. I agree Sir, most real mainland Chinese living abroad I’ve come across are totally different to these Chinese PDF’ers. All of them are respectful and more knowledgeable about life in general. I don’t have cool background experiences like you. During the first year of my study, it was a mainland Chinese who helped me find part time work, and mainland Chinese classmate who kept trying to drag me to church, with good intention. They all have an objective and honest view about their country and the world (and they are not sellout). But most Chinese PDF’ers here have very odd behaviour and I truly think some really do have mental issues.

They don’t write anything I agree with? sure I don’t agree with their childish insults often thrown at Filipino, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indonesian with such name calling like monkey, primates, fluke mind, darkie, etc. And this section is full of those insults (us Vietnamese actually receive less insults compared to Filipino and Japanese), not to mention the extreme attention seeking behavior I mentioned where 90% of the threads were created just to seek praise and “likes” while most positive threads made about non-China countries will have Chinese members jumping in to down play it and try to bring the attention back to China and her achievements. This is clear for everyone to see, I dont need to argue for it. And it is a sign to me that some really do have psychological issues.

In real life I have no problems with Vietnamese or Indian individuals (well...some Indians). they don't say this stupid shit anyways so why would I have problems lol? my former labmate was Viet.

I find it funny as **** though when you have obvious cases of megalomania, self hate or inferiority complex from Vietnamese members here, yet you choose to call out Chinese members. I have never used a single racial slur here, for the record. I simply prefer to live life as an aggressive alpha male rather than a submissive beta, so I don't give a **** about anything and say what's on my mind.

Just FYI, Beidou2020 is not Chinese nor ethnic Chinese. He's an American of German descent. He also operates at least 2 other accounts here( Economicsuperpower and Hypersonicmissiles).

lol, Beidou is a true American patriot, more Americans like him, there will be more peace between USA and China.

He is 100 times more authentic than the American wannabe Viet alien like Gambit.

It doesn’t affect me man, that’s why I have managed to survive here for years. It is the trolls who are revealing who they really are. Not the funny trolls like Budhhapalm who I am a fan of (is he PLANzubr? I see the same humour in him). It is usually in the China vs. West, China vs. Japan or China vs. Philippines thread where the more semi-serious Chinese members would come out, showing clearly their mental issues.
Yes, yes, surprisely it all the China troll but vietnamese troll like nice guy and apisubmarine seems immune and saint? Or never raise a vietnam vs China thread? More or less show ur agenda.

Just FYI, Beidou2020 is not Chinese nor ethnic Chinese. He's an American of German descent. He also operates at least 2 other accounts here( Economicsuperpower and Hypersonicmissiles).

Also I think PLANZubr.

Aahahah....western babarians indeed. :rofl:
How come your corrupt leaders and officials cant stop sending tgeir only kids and familly to study in babarian west? :undecided: dont tell me china lags behind even the babarian West/U.S?:o:
LOL only mentally weak Chinese stay in Western countries for a long period of time. Truly proud Chinese exploit you like a colony suck out the wealth grab the Kohinoor and return to our glorious motherland!!!

:china:

Vietnamese Americans are poorer and less educated than Chinese Americans.

congratulations on fitting in, I guess.

What is that have to do with the topic? Off topic one liners is all you can do? Why you step in if you can't contribute to the debate?

Talk about mental issues with the Chinese members on this little corner of the Internet. They talk as if they represent all Chinese regardless of locations and professions when so many of them, on this forum, are either students or just starting out into adulthood, as so many of them admitted. They know nothing or very little about the US but talks as if they grew up in the US. They lived all their lives in China under a dictatorial government and insists that the US government must be the same. So yes, mental asylum is an apt descriptor.

Outstanding !!!!!!!! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Last edited:
LOL only mentally weak Chinese stay in Western countries for a long period of time. Truly proud Chinese exploit you like a colony suck out the wealth grab the Kohinoor and return to our glorious motherland!!!

:china:

Ahahahahah. :rofl:
Seems you are even more funnier than my friend @Beidou2020 :lol:. How come i missed you on here so far. Guess from now on i will be following you. :enjoy::pdf:

:omghaha:

Talk about mental issues with the Chinese members on this little corner of the Internet. They talk as if they represent all Chinese regardless of locations and professions when so many of them, on this forum, are either students or just starting out into adulthood, as so many of them admitted. They know nothing or very little about the US but talks as if they grew up in the US. They lived all their lives in China under a dictatorial government and insists that the US government must be the same. So yes, mental asylum is an apt descriptor.

you remind me of certain American that has never lived or worked in China act like they know everything about China, and it's military, when in fact the only encounter they have was maybe a flight layover in HKG.

Hmm I don’t think Minemura-san is going to reveal what Mingze really thinks about the US and China, whatever that is.

I think the main interesting point made by this article is that the Chinese who have lived in the US/west can (and often) end up being anti-US and ultra-nationalist.

@LeveragedBuyout , you might be interested in this article if you haven’t read it already. I remembered how you kept getting puzzled how Chinese members who have lived in the west still give false descriptions of the west.

Why do some Chinese who have lived abroad become so ultra-nationalistic and anti-west (and sometime telling lies about it)?

In summary: they resented the US/west because of their experience of not fitting in and not being accepted (as a person and as a Chinese) by western society. So they express their frustration and resentment through their pro-China/anti-West rhetorics.

Thanks for the article, very interesting. I think you have identified the issue, which is that those living abroad who retain nationalistic feelings are probably desperately holding on to a sense of belonging at home, and manifest this by projecting hatred onto their host country.

This is a complicated issue. Expats tend to follow a similar cycle of admiration, alienation, and then a middle ground of acceptance (or a love-hate relationship). Some people are overcome with homesickness and never reach the acceptance stage. I myself went through this cycle when I lived in London and Tokyo, so I fully understand it. At the beginning, everything is new and interesting, but when that fades, we start to resent the fact that the host country does not meet expectations, or has unexpected flaws, and one cannot help comparing the host country to one's home country.

The article also identifies the other factor, which is that returnees are self-selected. As I said, not everyone is suitable for permanent relocation, and several expats never seek it in the first place--they travel abroad for a short-term job posting, or for education, and intend to return from the beginning. I suspect this group only travels abroad for the credentials (degree, CV, etc.), so the experience remains superficial. I never really understood this cohort, because part of the experience of living abroad is opening up to new experiences and broadening one's perspective, but maintaining a rigid mindset and associating with a clique of one's countrymen seems to be the preferred course for this group. It's natural that they would return to their country unchanged, or worse, even more nationalistic, after dwelling in such a feedback loop, surrounded by groupthink.

I have also become frustrated at users on PDF who live in the West and yet constantly disparage it. They tend to end up on my ignore list, so I don't notice much of it anymore, but this group clearly belongs to the second cohort, not suitable for international postings. The sad part is not that these individuals failed to exploit the opportunity they had, or even that they remain nationalistic, but rather that they turn around and deceive others, using the credentials of their time abroad in order to convince the gullible. And let's face it, the vast majority of PDF users are easily taken in by this sort of propaganda--we see user after user post nonsense along the lines of "everyone knows that the US is trying to contain China" or "everyone knows that Americans hate Muslims" or something along those lines.

The irony, of course, is that experience tends to make us more confident in life (e.g. "I know this problem; I've seen it before"), when instead it should make us question what we know more often (e.g. "I've seen enough to know that this may be more complicated than it first appears.")

Self-doubt is not a characteristic we can associate with PDF users.

Gentlemen I'd like to add my 2 cents (which may be worthless..but just another angle)

I'm going to make an extreme example here as I try to explain what I think is the reason.

First que Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone" music and do our "entering another Dimension" scenario.

In this dimension all the white Europeans are in China and all the Chinese are over in Europe, North America/South America, and Australia. Some white people are over there too but make up a tiny percentage. All the achievements of Europe and America stay the same (moon landing, high standard living, etc)...just done by "Chinese" people.

So come the year 2000ish and the white people in China start pulling themselves out of poverty and getting up to world standards. We even start going over to schools in America and Europe. Chat in Chinese on PDF. We white people see firsthand how those "Chinese" live, We tell them white people back home now make an average of $3000/yr and we manufacture all the worlds goods. Hey we are just as good as you "Chinese" over in America and Europe.

The reaction from the Chinese in America and Europe: Eyes-rolling. "what really have you done?" "You make our stuff on assembly lines like slaves...you pollute your own air/water/land doing it...you haven't even put a man on the moon...or built a jet engine...and you live in tiny apartments like a bunch of caged mice in some Orwellian nightmare. You even have some overlords telling you how to live..and you can't even pick who they can be. WTF!!! I'd never want to live over there".

So the white people visiting America/Europe become more nationalistic...they will never be taken seriously no matter how hard they try.

Last edited:
The reaction from the Chinese in America and Europe: Eyes-rolling. "what really have you done?" "You make our stuff on assembly lines like slaves...you pollute your own air/water/land doing it...you haven't even put a man on the moon...or built a jet engine...and you live in tiny apartments like a bunch of caged mice in some Orwellian nightmare. You even have some overlords telling you how to live..and you can't even pick who they can be. WTF!!! I'd never want to live over there".

So the white people visiting America/Europe become more nationalistic...they will never be taken seriously no matter how hard they try.

Whites would be nothing without Chinese inventions. This is a fact.

Gentlemen I'd like to add my 2 cents (which may be worthless..but just another angle)

I'm going to make an extreme example here as I try to explain what I think is the reason.

First que Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone" music and do our "entering another Dimension" scenario.

In this dimension all the white Europeans are in China and all the Chinese are over in Europe, North America/South America, and Australia. Some white people are over there too but make up a tiny percentage. All the achievements of Europe and America stay the same (moon landing, high standard living, etc)...just done by "Chinese" people.

So come the year 2000ish and the white people in China start pulling themselves out of poverty and getting up to world standards. We even start going over to schools in America and Europe. Chat in Chinese on PDF. We white people see firsthand how those "Chinese" live, We tell them white people back home now make an average of $3000/yr now and we manufacture all the worlds goods. Hey we are just as good as you "Chinese" over in America and Europe.

Excellent analogy!!

It is quite a depressing situation for those “white” people when I think about it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom