What's new

What can Indian Defence expect in 2013?

Some more trolling from chi(mpa)n(z)ese amongst other things. Personally waiting eagerly for Rafale and Vikramaditya!!

guys, this is just a list of what we can have in 2013- the list is in complete,put your thoughts and add to the list of what else may happen in 2013-only scientific achievements.

Testing of Nirbhay cruise missile

Induction of Kolkata class destroyer in to navy

Testing of Brahmos air version.

completion of field trials of NAG antitank guided missile.

Induction INS Vikramditya-hopefully.

development of BARAk-8.

Induction of new corvettes.

Laying of keel for project 17A frigates.

Operationalization of Arihant nuke sub with integrated K-15 missile.

Completion of field trials of Arjun MK2

hopefully, Future infantry combat vehicle deal be made.

testing of ballistic missile with MIRV-though there is high possibility that this may happen in 2014.

I'm waiting for the launch of 2nd nuke sub, it will be great if we can have it in 2013.

And off course, Launch of GSLV MK III.

More Agni V tests and hopefully Agni VI launch.

Testing of the indigenous 155mm gun (most important IMO)

IOC and FoC of Tejas hopefully.

GSLV is my priority....

then bye bye to cryogenic engines from outside.

Yes, plus we can't buy cryogenic engines from Russia anymore because of international laws. So India (ISRO) really needs this test to be successful. Otherwise we would be dependent on the Europeans or the Russians to launch our heavy sats.

More Agni V tests and hopefully Agni VI launch.

Testing of the indigenous 155mm gun

IOC and FoC of Tejas hopefully.

I thought the Agni VI was to be tested in 2015-2016 period. And that next year there would Agni V test from the road launcher and the canister that was designed for it. Possibly we may even see the MIRV test for Agni V.

Going by the past records one can sure expect most of these projects not meeting the deadline and advance in timeline with new future expected date of completion.

The 2 things i am looking forward to most are the vikramaditya induction and kolkata class destroyers.

The list looks rather short、foreign and insignificant。

Ok,for your peace of MIND,I won't rankle you with a list of Chinese “goodies” that are expected to their debuts in 2013。

Back
Top Bottom