What's new

What are the historic borders of Jammu & Kashmir?

...and which of the two countries considers Kashmir as the 'core issue'?

That doesn't matter. It is the core issue between the two countries, like it or not, over something that does not exist anymore.

That doesn't matter. It is the core issue between the two countries, like it or not, over something that does not exist anymore.
You have started jumping from one issue to another.

First, the original question, what is it that India and Pakistan are fighting for. What are Indian objectives and what are Pakistani objectives. Are they same. Or are they different.

Second, it matters how a country is viewing Kashmir issue. One country can't seem to get out of the addiction. The other seems to be taking it as a nuisance.

You have started jumping from one issue to another.

First, the original question, what is it that India and Pakistan are fighting for. What are Indian objectives and what are Pakistani objectives. Are they same. Or are they different.

Second, it matters how a country is viewing Kashmir issue. One country can't seem to get out of the addiction. The other seems to be taking it as a nuisance.

I have consistently on track: Kashmir is the core issue, and does not exist anymore. Hence it may be time to resolve the matter.

I have consistently on track: Kashmir is the core issue, and does not exist anymore. Hence it may be time to resolve the matter.
You are still not answering that question: what is it that India is fighting for in Kashmir and what is it that Pakistan is fighting for in Kashmir.

You are still not answering that question: what is it that India is fighting for in Kashmir and what is it that Pakistan is fighting for in Kashmir.

Both are striving for possession of the total area of a princely state that once existed long ago, as imagined by each side.

Both are striving for possession of the total area of a princely state that once existed long ago, as imagined by each side.
What if I say, wrong.

What if I say, that Kashmir is just a symptom of a deadly disease.

What if I say, wrong.

What if I say, that Kashmir is just a symptom of a deadly disease.

You can say whatever you like as far as I am concerned, remaining within the topic of this thread, of course.

You can say whatever you like as far as I am concerned, remaining within the topic of this thread, of course.
It is within topic isn't it.

India has never made any attempt to take back Asai Chin. Or P0K. Although official position of India is that whole of Kashmir belongs to India - legally at least P0K does - India appears to be content with what she has. Clearly India is not 'striving for possession' of any other part of an erstwhile princely state.

On the other hand....

You claimed it (that India is content with what it has), not me, so it is for you to expand on it.
Didn't I do it?
India has never made any attempt to take back Asai Chin. Or P0K.
Also the proposal that LoC (then CFL) should be turned into IB, was actually Nehru's.

Obviously, you view these differently. Right?

Back
Top Bottom