What's new

What about the two Air Force pilots who died yesterday?

RIP brothers, may you now gain your eternal wings for heaven.

I wonder why our Mirages are crashing like angry birds, I know they are old but atleast our Airforce should focus on safety features, why did the two pilots didn't use eject feautre? Why every time a mirage crashes a pilot dies too, is there something wrong with the ejection seats? This logic of PAF is flawed that they were trying to maneuver the plane outside the residential area. Even if they were trying to do this they still would have ejected on time.

I wonder why our Mirages are crashing like angry birds, I know they are old but atleast our Airforce should focus on safety features, why did the two pilots didn't use eject feautre? Why every time a mirage crashes a pilot dies too, is there something wrong with the ejection seats? This logic of PAF is flawed that they were trying to maneuver the plane outside the residential area. Even if they were trying to do this they still would have ejected on time

The presence of an ejection seat does not guarantee a 100% mortality. Even with sucessful ejections, unfortunate pilots have had to face injury, including damaging their spine.Some pilots have even been left crippled . Unfortunately those news never come to the forefront.

There are two factors you should concentrate on:

1. It appears like most pilots ,with a doomed bird over a civilian area, they tried ,till their mortal end, to steer clear of civvies and hence devoted those extra few seconds to steering the plane , rather than using the ejection seat.

2. The mirage iii/v are pretty ancient aircrafts and originally came with the Martin-Baker Mk.4 ejection seat- thats 1960s designed.Unless PAF replaced them with a newer zero zero ejection seat, the scope for survival was reduced immensely the moment the pilots took the bird to the air.

Back
Top Bottom