What's new

Weapons I would love to see in the Armed Forces

Sorry but i can't figure out what sub that is from the picture

It's a nuclear armed torpedo called Status 6 (also known as Kanyon):

Status-6 torpedo

KanyonSide940.jpg

The Status-6 (Статус-6), aka KANYON, has been described as an unmanned midget submarine, but it is better thought of as a massively-large nuclear powered and nuclear armed torpedo. It is ginormous: 1.6m (5.5ft) in diameter and about 24m (79ft) long. To put that into perspective, it is about 27 times the volume of a regular 533mm (21”) heavyweight torpedo.

The weapon is designed to strike coastal cities and strategic targets, e.g. New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and bases like Groton CT and San Diego. The warhead is reported as a 100 megatons (which may be much too high!) nuclear device with a ‘dirty’ Cobalt shell in order to maximize the radioactive fallout. The payload is similar to the warheads used in ICBMs (Inter-continental Ballistic Missile) but only one is carried on the torpedo. It could therefore be compared to a city being hit by a single MIRV (Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicle) except that it explodes under the water. The effect is likely to be much more localized than an air-burst, but with greater local contamination spread by a radioactive ‘rain’. The explosion itself may be some way out of the target city due to geography and obstacle defenses but a shoreline city like New York would wiped out by a single hit. Performance variables:

Depth: The stated running depth of 1,000m is credible and places it below current countermeasures. The problem of building torpedoes and/or depth charges to hit it are not insurmountable but will take investment and renewed focus.

Speed: The claimed speed of 100 knots (185 kph) is incredibly fast for a torpedo. The leaked cutaway drawing shows that there is a nuclear reactor coupled with a steam turbine driving a propeller shaft so we know that it is not a rocket type weapon. At these speeds there would be vibration and stability problems for the designers to overcome. For the moment 100kt seems too fast but we will have to wait and see if the specifications become more realistic.

Range: The leaked document claims that the weapon can be launched from as far as 10,000 km (5,400 nm) away. Given its nuclear powerplant this seems credible. Even at an incredible 100kt, it would take 4 days to reach its target at maximum reach. Operationally we would expect ranges to be far shorter, but still undoubtedly an extremely long ranged weapon. It also seems likely that some of the distance would be accomplished under ice adding additional complexity both to navigation and to NATO countermeasures.

They were likely tested aboard a Russian special missions submarine called SAROV:

Sarov_ice.jpg

Sarov_dry.jpg

Sarov_dry1.jpg

And their likely launching platform is a submarine called KHABAROVSK (пр.09851 "Калитка-СМП" "Хабаровск"):

Kanyon_CrossSection.jpg

There is no indication Status 6 has entered service.

As for the "topic", the PN could use an upgrade in unconventional warfare. I like that they're exploring the S-20 AIP/DE submarine, but I'd like to see them explore diver delivery vehicles or special missions craft too for ISR or sabotage missions. What better way to strike at the IN then have diver sink their ships in port?

China has a handful of special missions underwater delivery systems like this QYJ-001:

cn_QJY-001.jpg

Midget submarines - this one being around 35 meters in length and 4 meters across:

cn_midget_35m.jpg

WYR-001A diver propulsion system:

cn_WRY001A1.jpg

I can't tell you if they'd be exported or not, but this is a direction, in addition to acquiring a more credible conventional sub-surface deterrent (like the S-20), that I'd like to see the PN take.

Long range underdevelopment Russian Torpedo range more than 10,000?? Even just take out the nuclear factor ,half of its range aim to destroy indian subs .might be best option for Pakistan .

It's really interesting, if it comes to fruition, but it's also really big. How would Pakistan launch such a weapon? it takes a special mission submarine for even Russia to launch it, as noted with the Sarov.

It can't be launched by current classes as it's too big to fit in their torpedo tubes.

Aah just to make a list
  1. Tzar Bomba
  2. ICBM with 10+k km range
  3. EFT-2000 10 sqdrns
  4. Su-35 15 sqdrns
  5. JH7B 10 sqdrns
  6. JF17 block IV 50 sqdrns
  7. Next Gen Aircraft 10 sqdrn
  8. 10 SSBN
  9. 15 SSN
  10. 20 Diesel submarines with AIP (Merlin or Messma) indigenously developed sub
  11. 10 destroyers, 10 frigates, 5 corvettes, 10 missile boats
  12. 5 aircraft carriers with JF-17 N (naval version)
  13. A good honest prime minister
  14. A team of professionals for as ministers

No ISR or communications? How are you going to coordinate actions? Or located hostiles?

I'd put ISR and comms at the top of my list. A strong space denial capability would come a close second. (not ASAT, just jamming or directed energy weapons that could blind electro-optical sensors or disrupt electronics on remote sensing satellites).

I'd follow both of these with electronic warfare, offensive jamming and degrading of enemy electronics and defensive hardening and ECCM to ensure friendly assets work seamlessly.

Lol, Tavor assault rifle? why would u think that Israel will allow such a deal to unfriendly state

Israel has already given Pakistan tech using the UK as the Middle man, so I said we could do the same with Azerbaijan. It's possible, although highly unlikely.

Okie then,
then I might add few Israeli weapons to the list
Arrow 3 ABM
David Sling
Heron TP - capable of carrying multible payloads (including missiles according to US, Britain, Germany and Indian sources)
Namer APC with Trophy APS

Don't forget Iron Dome! Oh god that would be lovely!

State and religion should be seperate, each man should be mature enough to decide his own fate, to believe in what he wants, to learn to accept those who are different than him. only then can Pakistan really start to achieve it's greatness in my opinion.

Pakistan is already somewhat secular in a lot of aspects, for example, unlike Iran or Palestine we haven't dragged religion into our conflict with India. The main problem is that religious leaders have WAY too much influence among the population. In my humble opinion, a lot of them need to be put down like stray dogs.

Sorry but i can't figure out what sub that is from the picture
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34797252

It's really interesting, if it comes to fruition, but it's also really big. How would Pakistan launch such a weapon? it takes a special mission submarine for even Russia to launch it, as noted with the Sarov.

It can't be launched by current classes as it's too big to fit in their torpedo tubes
How would Pakistan launch? Did u forget thread is base on wish list :azn:
Eventually russian idea is at best on its own. what ever we call it,a sub drone,a torpedo etc .But it opens new chapter.as torpedoes can be launch by variety of platforms ,it is possible to launch giant torpedo from home ,1000 to 3000 Nm medium range is ideal for Pakistan.

No ISR or communications? How are you going to coordinate actions? Or located hostiles?

I'd put ISR and comms at the top of my list. A strong space denial capability would come a close second. (not ASAT, just jamming or directed energy weapons that could blind electro-optical sensors or disrupt electronics on remote sensing satellites).

I'd follow both of these with electronic warfare, offensive jamming and degrading of enemy electronics and defensive hardening and ECCM to ensure friendly assets work seamlessly.
Agreed. I just put a list together and of course it is not complete by any means as it lacks helis, air defence systems, battle field artillery, tanks and other armoured vehicles, Radars, AWACs, and of course ISR systems consisting of on spaced based satellites, airborne radars and high altitude and long endurance stealth UAV for reconnaissance, undersea networks, though currently or in near future we can use Glonass, Beidou for coordination but in future we perhaps need our own satellite based navigation system. Still a lot of things remain like heavy transporters similar to C5 Galaxy Globe or An-225... a still the list is incomplete

A little expensive, and the Eurofighter would probably be impossible to procure (maybe some used Saudi ones), but still a damn good list.

Here are some more weapons:

We could buy these through Azerbaijan for our special forces:
View attachment 312875

And since we are testing new guns, I heard this one is a candidate:

View attachment 312877

Speaking of candidates, maybe this one should also be considered?

View attachment 312878
That TAVOR is a shit weapon ....the rest are awesome ...Also Altay is too big for a out terrain ...MPT-76 is not my personal pick ..Type-98 is good but it has a different round for which you would need to setup another line within the POF ...

That TAVOR is a shit weapon/QUOTE]

Are you mad? The Tavor is great! Bullpup design makes it great for urban combat which can be beneficial for us, especially for Police units in places like Quetta or Karachi. Also, it can work well for the army in Baluchistan as it is designed for the terrain.

Hj-12 is much needed platform in near future

Are you mad? The Tavor is great! Bullpup design makes it great for urban combat which can be beneficial for us, especially for Police units in places like Quetta or Karachi. Also, it can work well for the army in Baluchistan as it is designed for the terrain.
The Steyr Aug and Fn F2000 are both better weapons than the Tavor, its too gassy and inaccurate of a rifle.

JF-17 Block 3....With a better engine, AESA radar , and all those technologies which would truly make it a 4.5+ gen fighter....

Back
Top Bottom