What's new

Weak Russian component downed Indian rocket: Ex-ISRO chief

If I am not wrong...the sale of cryogenic engine and components that can be used in cryogenic tech is banned by uncle sam...ins't it?
we bought 7 engines in the early 90s after which it was contrabanded...and this tech needs times to master...we are doing our bid..

Why Don't you chinese posters go complain about the failures in CHina...oh yeah I forgot you don't have access to that.....

indian always blaming others rather than taking responsibility

even they blame russia for all their mig21s crashing to the ground when its internal policies and carelessness that leads to accidents

indian always blaming others rather than taking responsibility

even they blame russia for all their mig21s crashing to the ground when its internal policies and carelessness that leads to accidents

Coming from a pakistani.....that is fuckin hilarious!!!! :rofl:

No Russian members comment on this? I would love to hear the opinions from some Russian experts.

That will not sit too well with the Russians..
Was the "russian" necessary to save ISRO's face??
failures happen.. especially in the frontiers India is pushing.. but blaming it all on the Russians seems dirty..
NASA messes up as well.. the SRD O rings.. the struts giving issues again after colombia..
A "I did not say it was your fault, I said I would blame you" attitude.
Did it not fall on ISRO to check,recheck, double check.. and have some chai and then check again.. the component for QC?

Well.. call customer support then..

ISRO as an organization of India has many detractors who think that a not so rich country like India with so many poor ppl should not allocate so much to the space program.

In view of this, ISRO cannot escape public scrutiny in the event of a massive failure like that of GSLV since all main Indian future missions are dependent only on GSLV.

So, its very important for ISRO to clarify that nothing is wrong with the design, instead it were the components which failed the mission.

And if the components turn out to be Russian, so why not blame them?

We are just calling "spade", a "spade".

ISRO as an organization of India has many detractors who think that a not so rich country like India with so many poor ppl should not allocate so much to the space program.

In view of this, ISRO cannot escape public scrutiny in the event of a massive failure like that of GSLV since all main Indian future missions are dependent only on GSLV.

So, its very important for ISRO to clarify that nothing is wrong with the design, instead it were the components which failed the mission.

And if the components turn out to be Russian, so why not blame them?

We are just calling "spade", a "spade".

What about the cries of economic boom then?
or future superpower..
an organization like ISRO furthers that idea..
there is calling a spade a spade..
but then the whole suite should come under scrutiny.. instead of just the jack of spades..
A Russian component failed.. sure..
happens..
but why was it allowed in the first place.. knowing these are old designs.. and their reliability was ensured to be less than stellar.
The statement itself seems to show the ISRO as the victim of Russian complacency..
whereas even if the component was of European, American or Burmese.. it fell upon the ISRO to ensure it met their standards..unless these were low in the first place.

I am in R&D.. I expect components to fail.. but i make sure they fail in my lab.. under test conditions..
I do not okay them from my project onto my "product" unless I am 99.99% certain that it will not fail under the tested conditions.
Now.. here is the key.. did I miss a tested condition??
that is upto the ISRO highups to check...
although it may not have to be publicized.. but whatever GoI accountability section monitors the ISRO should be informed of this.. and monitor any rectification moves.

There is a reason that India is using such an old engine. Is it because India does not trust its own engine and also no one else would sell the engine to India? India should purchase a good, proven, recently build engine and ensure that the system around the engine is solid. Than it can plug in its own domestic engine.

From the U.S there is still some sanction problem, and the price is high. The price problem also exists for European and Japanese engines. Chinese engines are cheaper, but India will probably never buy from China or it would lose too much face. So the only one left would be Russia.

What I don't get is, if Russian engines can lift Russian rockets, why they fail Indian rockets so often?

Indian always love to blame others when they failed to work something.Why ?Just put some hardwork on it and producte the component by your ownself but not blame the russian.Sad to see this isro ex chief going to do this way.Joke.

What about the cries of economic boom then?
or future superpower..
an organization like ISRO furthers that idea..
there is calling a spade a spade..
but then the whole suite should come under scrutiny.. instead of just the jack of spades..
A Russian component failed.. sure..
happens..
but why was it allowed in the first place.. knowing these are old designs.. and their reliability was ensured to be less than stellar.
The statement itself seems to show the ISRO as the victim of Russian complacency..
whereas even if the component was of European, American or Burmese.. it fell upon the ISRO to ensure it met their standards..unless these were low in the first place.

Economic boom....sure.

But obviously it gonna take time to reach the level of G7

Russia is India's partner for many decades now, there is a lot of inter operations on many missions between both countries.

Its not easy for India to get rid of Russia so fast even if we wanted to.

ISRO may or may not have been at fault, we cannot know this unless we know the procedures that they used in checking of the components.

Devices can malfunction even after the launch.

Economic boom....sure.

But obviously it gonna take time to reach the level of G7

Russia is India's partner for many decades now, there is a lot of inter operations on many missions between both countries.

Its not easy for India to get rid of Russia so fast even if we wanted to.

ISRO may or may not have been at fault, we cannot know this unless we know the procedures that they used in checking of the components.

Devices can malfunction even after the launch

Still does not absolve the ISRO of blame..
being partners for decades has nothing to do with accepting sub-standard stuff.. especially in the current economic and diplomatic scenario that India enjoys.

Still does not absolve the ISRO of blame..
being partners for decades has nothing to do with accepting sub-standard stuff.. especially in the current economic and diplomatic scenario that India enjoys.

Yes, we slowly have stopped doing that.

You may have read some other thread on how IAF has finally stood up against Russian spare parts.

But as I said, it will take time and also we need to find other reliable suppliers who can supply similar tech.

Just looks like a poor excuse to me.

If that was indeed sub-standard, why buy it ? Did they not test it before buying ?

I am sure both the Indians and Russians must have learnt a lot from the failure.
Both India and Russia are upgrading their technologies and are collaborating in a number of high tech areas. But as they say no one is perfect.
No where in the article is Russia being blamed, its just the outcome of analysis of the ill fated flight.
I guess a few corrections on the Cryogenic should solve the problem, further this failure could even be a good academic paper presentation.

Back
Top Bottom