What's new

We sank the Khukri | Sinking of India’s Antisubmarine Frigate INS Khukri

Here is another news:

yeah,I read that too.there is much debate on it.same is on Ghazi incident.but its best we follow the official version than some unofficial one.plus,nowhere in that report he said that Kirpan never attacked the sub.he couldn't possibly know that as he was in Khukri.he probably saw that Kirpan just sailed away after Khukri sunk.plus,read this........

Pritam Singh clarified that the submarine had a range of 6 km, whereas Kirpan had a range of 1,000 yards and could detect enemy only up to 3,000 yards. "Had Commander Sood not fled, INS Kirpan would have been a sitting duck. They did the right thing by escaping and thus saved about 200 lives," he added.

"I was in charge of the sonar control room. All sonars were working perfectly on December 9, 1971. The secondary sonar was given an extension to increase the hydro-phonic effect, which did not affect the main sonar," he said, though he agreed that it did decrease the speed of the ship

INS Kirpan fled as it was the only choice: INS Khukri survivor - Indian Express

contradicting reports,but a source far more logical.

Last edited:
Indians:rofl:

Now that we proved them and their fake bravados wrong (that they used to tell them and brainwash them with) its a natural reaction of these strange creatures.

any news which go against indian propaganda is fake to all bhorties :hitwall:

Indians:rofl:

Now that we proved them and their fake bravados wrong (that they used to tell them and brainwash them with) its a natural reaction of these strange creatures.

what "Fake Bravado" noob???want to clarify??

During the night of 4 December 1971, Indian Osa missile boats attacked the Pakistan Navy, hitting a destroyer, PNS Khyber and a minesweeper, PNS Hafeez, to the southeast of Karachi. The Indian missile boats were a very serious threat not only to the Navy but also to other Pakistani ships in the Arabian Sea and in the Karachi harbour. Pakistan retaliated by causing extensive damage through a single B-57 attack on Indian naval base Okha. The bombs scored direct hits on fuel dumps, ammunition dump and the missile boats jetty. The missile boat attacks on Pakistani naval installations ceased thereafter. Flight Lieutenant Shabbir A Khan piloted the B-57 mission while Flight Lieutenant Ansar navigated it.
Two days later a pair of F-104 Starfighters which visited the site found it still burning beyond control.

yet,2 days later,another similar attack was conducted from same base and sunk more ships.thats because only fuel dump was destroyed.

Last edited:
Last i heard was Okha was also in India.

Two days later a pair of F-104 Starfighters which visited the site found it still burning beyond control.

Last I heard F-104 and B-57 belonged to Pakistani Airforce and not Pakistani Navy. Here we are discussing the damage inflicted by each's Naval forces on each other. That is why I have not included the damage inflicted by Indian hunters and Canberra on Karachi bombing runs.

Last I heard F-104 and B-57 belonged to Pakistani Airforce and not Pakistani Navy. Here we are discussing the damage inflicted by each's Naval forces on each other. That is why I have not included the damage inflicted by Indian hunters and Canberra on Karachi bombing runs.

Ahem, this was posted by you not many moons ago.

Where as Indian losses were

INS Khukri
Alize patrol craft lost to a star fighter.

197 Personnel were lost.

what "Fake Bravado" noob???want to clarify??

yet,2 days later,another similar attack was conducted from same base and sunk more ships.thats because only fuel dump was destroyed.

The Indian Official History of 1971 Indo-Pak War notes that, “two air attacks were also carried out on Okha and some fuel tanks were set ablaze, thereby denying the missile boats any further use of this port as a forward base.”[6]

YEAH YEAH! we heard that before,Truth is it was blasted out of water by our Eastern naval command in Vishakapatnam.It was first noticed by some fishermen that a large object was under water and naval command was notified, the call went to delhi Mrs.Indira Gandhi our PM that time.Her immediate order was to destroy it and the rest you know Depth charges and Destroyers did the task:rofl::rofl::rofl:
So much for chest thumping of Pakistan
s

Lt General JFR Jacob, (retd), hero of the 1971 India Pakistan war, explains why the Indian Navy destroyed documents related to the sinking of the Pakistani submarine, PNS Ghazi.

Earlier this month, there were reports that all documents connected with the sinking of the Pakistani submarine PNS Ghazi during the 1971 war had been destroyed by the Indian Navy.

It is not difficult to conjecture the reasons why.

Back in November 1971, our signal intercept units had been monitoring the movements of the Ghazi on her entering the Bay of Bengal. The last intercept we got from the Ghazi was on 27 November. We had been passing on all intercepts to the Navy.

PNS Ghazi blew up due to an internal explosion while laying mines off the port of Vishakapatnam, probably at the end of November or the beginning of December 1971.

On December 3, I received a call from Vice Admiral Krishnan, Commander of the Eastern Naval Command, who said that fishermen had found some floating wreckage, and that he had gone to the site where the wreckage was found.

Among the debris was a lifebelt with 'Diablo' printed on it. Diablo was the name of the United States Navy submarine that was transferred to the Pakistan Navy and renamed Ghazi.

Krishnan said he had no doubt that the wreckage was that of the Ghazi and that the sinking of the Ghazi was an act of God. He stated that the Navy was unaware that the Ghazi had sunk. He had rewarded the fishermen who had found the wreckage. I told him that there was no threat now to the aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, which had been the prime target of the Ghazi.

On the morning of December 4, Krishnan again called me, asking if I had sent a report on the Ghazi. I replied in the negative, saying that as it was a naval matter, I had presumed that he had done so. He seemed relieved and told me that I should forget our conversation of the previous day and that he was in discussions with the Navy chief, Admiral SM Nanda, in Delhi.

On December 9, the Navy announced that they had sunk the Ghazi on December 4, after the start of the war. Later, officers were decorated for their role and the offensive action of their ships in the sinking of the Ghazi.

After the war, however, teams of divers confirmed that it was an internal explosion that sank the Ghazi. The log of the Ghazi was recovered and the last entry as far as I can recall was on November 29, 1971. Sadly, that too has been destroyed.

The Navy had earlier decided to change the date of Navy Day to December 4, the day they had proclaimed that they had sunk the Ghazi.
But I had spoken to the press regarding the sinking of the Ghazi and later published my conversations with Vice Admiral Krishnan in my book 'Surrender at Dacca' in 1997. The Navy then realised that they could no longer maintain their claims to have sunk the Ghazi on December 4.

The Navy then went on to state that December 4, the new date for Navy Day, marked the start of the war. For the record, the war started on December 3 at 1800 hours, when Pakistan bombed our airfields.

As the old saying goes, truth is the first casualty in war.

The truth behind the Navy`s `sinking` of Ghazi

sink-l_111411115510.jpg

hangor.JPG

PNS/M Hangor entering harbour after her successful kill of Khukri. Inset:(Cdr Ahmad Tasnim)

hangor_muhafiz.jpg

Ahem, this was posted by you not many moons ago.

Well technically alize was air force's kill. But then as admiral Roy said in his book. .alize kill can be indirectly attributed to the prolonged search operation for PNS Hangor.

More than that your naval kill ratio(at 1ASW corvette) wrt india's(dozens) is even embarrassing for your enemies.

You should be glad that your Navy is being attributed with a kill, it never made.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom