What's new

We are leaving the Pakistanis with an enormous mess | US Professor Dr Michael Scheuer

I am an avid follower of Michael Scheuer. He is a historian and has worked for CIA and headed the Bin laden unit and is an expert on Middle East.
he claims that during Clinton time CIA gave actionable intelligence 8 times to take out Bin laden but Clinton didnt order the strikes.

he is very candid in his views about American foreign policy specially its relation with Saudis and Israelis

there is a very famous video about his congressional hearing. regarding Pakistan he has only but praise for ISI and Pakistan army and general Musharraf and dismisses all the blames against Pakistan, and thats not once but many interviews and discussions he has defended Pakistan far better than any Pakistani politician has

that said, he is a hawk and an American Patriot who doesnt pull any punches and says what he feels.

Lets get this clear now. USA was not here to give democracy to Afghanistan or to fight OBL. Taliban, Al Qaida are all pawns in this Great Game.
The objective of Americans are:
1. Encircle China
2. Fund anti China terrorist groups
3. Deny China and Russia link to Gwadar Port
4. Divide Pakistan into smaller states
5. Keep Iran in check
6. Make India the sole power of South & Central Asia
To achieve all of this Pakistan's nuclear weapons will first have to go. Media propaganda has all ready been going against Pakistan's nukes.

What Pakistan could do to avoid this:
1. Calm the situation in Baluchistan by giving more rights to Baluchis and take power from feudal lords.
2. Defeat TTP and ALL Taliban groups
3. Keep Afghanistan in check- Afghanistan will always be used by India to encircle Pakistan
4. Build strong relations with Iran
5. Build strong relations with Russia
6. Help China with its problems in Xinjiang
7. Become self reliant
8. Increase Armed Forces budget

There is no mess a few billion more cannot help clean up, is there?

I have read some of his works and I do admire him a lot especially because he himself is an ex CIA operative and has narrated his experiences quite boldy. I have also gone through some of his interviews, in which he explained how they had got numerous chances to take out OBL during the Clinton era knowing his exact locations but didn't get the green light. I genuinely agree with his views on American foreign policy with regards to Israel and how they should stop picking up fights for a foreign country that doesn't serve their interests. I am not sure when the interview was posted but there was one regarding the Syrian conflict as well and he quite aptly described the breeding ground that Syria has become.

There is no mess a few billion more cannot help clean up, is there?
Of course , why not you are absolutely correct

right amount of Money and right amount of Faith (with correct flavour & correct sect) can sort out everything in Pakistan
but that doesnt mean we should give up our born right to Burn American and Israeli flags thats also part of our faith now.

although i cant help but think.
we are Muslims of course and Muhammad PBUH said "every nation has a fitna, and my nations fitna is money"

@Irfan Baloch

I have all of his books, really loved 'Imperial hubris'
I must admit I havent, I really want to read his book "through our enemies eyes"
he is very articulate speaker and his views about "Arab Spring", Syrian conflict, the Assassination plot of Saudi Ambassador to US etc. are on the opposite poles from the "mainstream view" one doesnt have to agree with everything he says but he gives examples and puts a good argument.

Michael Sheuer is a nightmare for Pakistani "liberals".

If any Pakistani were to say what he says -- that Israel controls the US Congress, that Pakistan's behavior in Afghanistan is guided by its national interests, that American foreign policy promotes extremism in the Muslim world -- he would be dismissed as a jihadi lunatic.

But he is white, an American and ex-CIA to boot, so the "liberals" can't use their brainless, formulaic rants on him.

But wait ... he does have a beard .... hmm... maybe he is a jihadi after all....

Lets get this clear now. USA was not here to give democracy to Afghanistan or to fight OBL. Taliban, Al Qaida are all pawns in this Great Game.
The objective of Americans are:
1. Encircle China
2. Fund anti China terrorist groups
3. Deny China and Russia link to Gwadar Port
4. Divide Pakistan into smaller states
5. Keep Iran in check
6. Make India the sole power of South & Central Asia
To achieve all of this Pakistan's nuclear weapons will first have to go. Media propaganda has all ready been going against Pakistan's nukes.

What Pakistan could do to avoid this:
1. Calm the situation in Baluchistan by giving more rights to Baluchis and take power from feudal lords.
2. Defeat TTP and ALL Taliban groups
3. Keep Afghanistan in check- Afghanistan will always be used by India to encircle Pakistan
4. Build strong relations with Iran
5. Build strong relations with Russia
6. Help China with its problems in Xinjiang
7. Become self reliant
8. Increase Armed Forces budget

You are right.Only partially.
The objective of Americans-
1. Encircle China :true
2. Fund anti China terrorist groups:true
3. Deny China and Russia link to Gwadar Port:wrong Gwadar part will remains in the hand of China.Russia's cooperation
with Pakistan will remain under the influence of India factor.We can influence Russia and we know how to check that cooperation.
4. Divide Pakistan into smaller states:True at a certain extent.But questions also arise what is the gain of US when they do that.And US give a lot of aid to Pakistan .
5. Keep Iran in check:True
6. Make India the sole power of South & Central Asia:Absolutely wrong because here we talking about US .US need servitudes not powerful players.India is also in US watch list.because we have the ability to challenge US.Recent trade dispute and diplomatic crisis are the best example.GoI dont like to take orders like EU countries do.We dont need US help for increasing our power.

Talking about Pakistan counter measures:
1. Calm the situation in Baluchistan by giving more rights to Baluchis and take power from feudal lords.:thats a right step .
2. Defeat TTP and ALL Taliban groups:Agree and If Pakistan can do that the it will be good for neighbouring countries also.
3. Keep Afghanistan in check- Afghanistan will always be used by India to encircle Pakistan:Disagree and it seems usual paranoia.We dont need to encircle Pakistan.We lose interest in chotta fighting with Pakistan.Now our aim is to increase Indian influence in entire region.
4. Build strong relations with Iran:Agree and it will be a good movement.
5. Build strong relations with Russia:Agree ,but Pakistan cant build a relation like India-Russia.it is an entire different case
6. Help China with its problems in Xinjiang:It will be good for entire region
7. Become self reliant:Good for Pakistan.But need a decades of effort
8. Increase Armed Forces budge:I dont know how much Pakistan can increase

Michael Sheuer is a nightmare for Pakistani "liberals".

If any Pakistani were to say what he says -- that Israel controls the US Congress, that Pakistan's behavior in Afghanistan is guided by its national interests, that American foreign policy promotes extremism in the Muslim world -- he would be dismissed as a jihadi lunatic.

But he is white, an American and ex-CIA to boot, so the "liberals" can't use their brainless, formulaic rants on him.

But wait ... he does have a beard .... hmm... maybe he is a jihadi after all....

Bhai, since when being Liberal equate to supporting Israel? I consider myself Liberal but i do not support Israel or USA. Don't be confused by self proclaimed Liberals of Pakistan who use the label to crush any opposing voices, they are pretty similar to the other extreme who do not wish to listen to the other side.

Bhai, since when being Liberal equate to supporting Israel? I consider myself Liberal but i do no support Israel or USA. Don't be confused by self proclaimed Liberals of Pakistan who use the label to crush any opposing voices, they are pretty similar to the other extreme who do not wish to listen to the other side.

I put liberals in quotes to indicate that Pakistani self-proclaimed "liberals" are not liberal at all. They just wear that label onto themselves -- like a favorite tie.

As for Israel, the issue is not one of supporting or opposing it, but pointing out Israeli domination of US politics. The Pakistani "liberals" scoff at that suggestion and use that as a mark of jihadi conspiracy nuts. Of course, these clueless clowns have about as much knowledge of US politics as they do of Cambodia, which is why their arguments are all brainless, formulaic parroting of Western propaganda.

You are right.Only partially.
The objective of Americans-
1. Encircle China :true
2. Fund anti China terrorist groups:true
3. Deny China and Russia link to Gwadar Port:wrong Gwadar part will remains in the hand of China.Russia's cooperation
with Pakistan will remain under the influence of India factor.We can influence Russia and we know how to check that cooperation.
4. Divide Pakistan into smaller states:True at a certain extent.But questions also arise what is the gain of US when they do that.And US give a lot of aid to Pakistan .
5. Keep Iran in check:True
6. Make India the sole power of South & Central Asia:Absolutely wrong because here we talking about US .US need servitudes not powerful players.India is also in US watch list.because we have the ability to challenge US.Recent trade dispute and diplomatic crisis are the best example.GoI dont like to take orders like EU countries do.We dont need US help for increasing our power.

Talking about Pakistan counter measures:
1. Calm the situation in Baluchistan by giving more rights to Baluchis and take power from feudal lords.:thats a right step .
2. Defeat TTP and ALL Taliban groups:Agree and If Pakistan can do that the it will be good for neighbouring countries also.
3. Keep Afghanistan in check- Afghanistan will always be used by India to encircle Pakistan:Disagree and it seems usual paranoia.We dont need to encircle Pakistan.We lose interest in chotta fighting with Pakistan.Now our aim is to increase Indian influence in entire region.
4. Build strong relations with Iran:Agree and it will be a good movement.
5. Build strong relations with Russia:Agree ,but Pakistan cant build a relation like India-Russia.it is an entire different case
6. Help China with its problems in Xinjiang:It will be good for entire region
7. Become self reliant:Good for Pakistan.But need a decades of effort
8. Increase Armed Forces budge:I dont know how much Pakistan can increase

India & Pakistan can never become allies not because i want it that way, the partition has left a deep scar on both nations and it looks like none of us are ready to forgive or forget. The most we can do is increase trade and avoid war.
India will use Afghanistan to create trouble in Pakistan's western borders, it doesn't matter whether you don't want this to happen or not, this decision rests in the hand of Indian establishment. I believe Afghanistan will have to strike a balance in its relations with Pakistan & India.

Build relations with Russia is important but i agree, India will remain Russia's main ally in South Asia. We just need Russia for trade and business.

USA is only helping India as a counter balance against China. Honestly i don't think USA would want India to become world power but just a regional power being able to challenge China's rising influence in South, Central Asia and ME.

Pakistan will be used by USA for as long as it needs, after its done the sleeper cells of USA backed terrorist and media groups will be working hard to divide Pakistan. If its all ready isn't happening. USA/Israel cannot see a Muslim nuclear bomb.

As an American, he has every right to form his views and express them as he sees fit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom