What's new

Ways of improving India-Bangladesh bilateral relations?

I assume, what you are saying is that Bangladeshis do not consider India to be friendly, or perhaps, AL is doing, what it is doing without a popular support base.

I have news for your. Really. Recently The Daily Star together with Nielsen Bangladesh carried out an opinion poll, across Bangladesh. The results a very encouraging.

65% say, they are satisfied with AL, while a measly 17% say they are dissatisfied. 62% think that the country is going in the right direction.

How does PM Ms Hasina fare?

A whopping 72% think she is doing just fine.

Given that AL is always known to be friendly to India, the results mean, either majority of Bangladeshis are comfortable with being friendly to India, or India doesn't matter much in BD politics. I am more inclined to believe the former.

A humble word of suggestion. Don't get carried away by the Zakirs, dunes, Munshis on this forum. They represent a minority sentiment.

The truth is almost always the opposite of what they say.
These survey were done by Al minded media for deception since Al so called popularity taking nose dive due to internal issues.

I am suggesting you guys to take a look at the over all views of Bangladesh instead of AL supported news media. You bharati needs to stop acting like a awami activist. You should have neutral views against our political parties and build good relation with all to become friend of bangladesh.

What irritate us anti awami is that your blind support for AL due to historical tied and in case we are NOT obligated to support bharat-Bd relationship.

Last edited:
These survey were done by Al minded media for deception since Al so called popularity taking nose dive due to internal issues.

I am suggesting you guys to take a look at the over all views of Bangladesh instead of AL supported news media. You bharati needs to stop acting like a awami activist. You should have neutral views against our political parties and build good relation with all to become friend of bangladesh.

What irritate us anti awami is that your blind support for AL due to historical tied and in case we are obligated to support bharat-Bd relationship.

I agree that all the major political parties in Bangladesh should be brought on board, but it is the opposition in Bangladesh that isn't interested in working with India, not the other way around. India wouldn't pass up a chance to improve its bilateral relations with BD if the situation on the ground was conducive, it simply wouldn't make sense.

I think after 1 or 2 or 3 years it will be clearly manifested that either AL govt is popular or not. Right now people has not faced the bad consequence of AL deals yet! And it dose not matter how much popular is AL now, cos BD people change their mind so quickly and you could see a completely changed scenario in next election. I think AL is more popular to young generation (who are naive) than olds right now. Also another reason of popularity of AL is that max people are obsessed by AL's deception. And remember that AL govt is BD's second choice when BNP fails.

Last edited:
I think after 1 or 2 or 3 years it will be clearly manifested that either AL govt is popular or not. Right now people has not faced the bad consequence of AL deals yet! And it dose not matter how much popular is AL now, cos BD people change their mind so quickly and you could see a completely changed scenario in next election. I think AL is more popular to young generation (who are naive) than olds right now. Also another reason of popularity of AL is that max people are obsessed by AL's deception. And remember that AL govt is BD's second choice when BNP fails.

Ya right!!! but it will take more than decades for people to forget about what Hawaa Bhaban, Tarek, Mamun, Haris, Falu gangue did to this country.

Its million times better and rewarding than being a Pakistani stooge.

Befriend a failed state, epicenter of terrorism and once oppressor from whom you fought for your independence! Any buyers?? :no:

Well, I will not say that- in Indian posts - there is no logic. Obviously, they have lots of logic to argue with us. But the fact is, there logics are not compatible with us, as we have different points of views for our different religions, geography, economy, culture, etc. So our arguments are endless even we have logics. So it's better to ignore Indian post when you will see that they have logic but not compatible with our points of views. I think I'm saying the basic problem.

What irritate us anti awami is that your blind support for AL due to historical tied and in case we are obligated to support bharat-Bd relationship.
'Denial mode' is set as default in your psyche. Isn't it?

The polling was done jointly with ACNielson, who specializes in market research.

'Denial mode' is set as default in your psyche. Isn't it?

The polling was done jointly with ACNielson, who specializes in market research.

I can make a same survey and the result would be opposite. Daily star is a core AL supported and anti Islamic media group known by all Muslim in BD.

Look you can build super glue relation with al but that will only cover a segment of BD population. They will not be in power for ever. Trust me. AL is not that popular in BD. BNP and other right wing party needs to be bring aboard as SPOTFIGHTER mention otherwise bharat just having relation with al.

I agree that all the major political parties in Bangladesh should be brought on board, but it is the opposition in Bangladesh that isn't interested in working with India, not the other way around. India wouldn't pass up a chance to improve its bilateral relations with BD if the situation on the ground was conducive, it simply wouldn't make sense.

Not true. Bharat needs to respect BNP and other right wing parties ideology. We still believe in two nation theory and it is our right to do so. We do not do AL politics and that is why we are BNP-Jamat. If you only support secular AL than why should Islamic minded BNP or Jamat would want to have friendly relation with Bharat.
If your media keep plundering against BNP and Jamat as anti liberation force and anti minority while Al is only patriot force than adverse effect ought to happen. I am trying to tell you the truth as it seem you do have good intention.

Secularism work for Bharat thus we welcome it. Islam based country work for us thus you need to welcome it.

Ya right!!! but it will take more than decades for people to forget about what Hawaa Bhaban, Tarek, Mamun, Haris, Falu gangue did to this country.

I do not support them. I do not like BNP also. I hate AL govt. So sometimes I talk on behalf of BNP. And BNP is better than AL.

They have committed them selves to hating India over bettering Bangladesh.

even if we give them a document of surrender they will claim its an Indian ploy worked up to get them of guard. :disagree:

Trojan Horse, Just Kidding :D

Khaleda alleges 'secret deal' signed

Sun, Jan 17th, 2010 5:37 pm BdST

Dhaka, Jan 17 (bdnews24.com)—BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia, in a televised press conference on Sunday, claimed prime minister Sheikh Hasina "signed a secret security deal" with New Delhi during her recent trip to India

She said prime minister Sheikh Hasina "brought nothing back" from her recently-concluded tour of India and said the deals signed had amounted to "a sell-out" of Bangladesh's interests.

The opposition chief dodged a query whether she, if elected again, would scrap the deals signed by Hasina. "I haven't seen the agreements," she said, prompting another question: "So what are you objecting to."

Khaleda replied: "The joint communique has it all."

"Everything Bangladesh had to offer, it handed to India on this visit," Khaleda said at her Gulshan office, as senior party leaders, including BNP secretary general Khandaker Delwar Hossain, other standing and advisory committee members, sat in attendance behind her.

Prime minister Sheikh Hasina just 24 hours before had strongly defended the outcome of her visit, tackling some of the criticisms that have been aired by the opposition since her return, at a formal press briefing for the media and public, the first of its kind to be attended by scores of senior journalists and televised live from the Prime Minister's Office.

Staged in the open at front of the Prime Minister's Office, Hasina's briefing saw a huge turnout by ruling party and alliance members in a show of support for the "success" of her India tour, which the opposition alliance has repeatedly called a "total failure".

The prime minister at the press conference also urged the opposition to return to parliament and place their criticisms in the House.

Hasina on return from India had said her visit marked the start of a new era of cooperation between the two neighbours. Critics, mainly the opposition BNP, have said Bangladesh gained no more than vague assurances while India secured concrete gains.

The prime minister returned home on January 13 after a four-day visit to the neighboring country. Bangladesh and India on Jan 11 signed three agreements on combating crime and two MoUs on power cooperation and cultural exchange, among other bilateral arrangements.

Progress was made on connectivity, including corridors for Bangladesh to Bhutan and Nepal, use of Mongla and Chittagong ports by India and joint rail and other infrastructure projects with major Indian assistance.

The use of ports by India has been one of the arrangements most criticised by the opposition who see a threat to Bangladesh's "sovereignty".

Khaleda on Sunday contradicted Hasina's argument that Chittagong and Mongla ports were underutilised and allowing India to use them would ensure full use of their capacity and bring enormous benefits.

'INDIFFERENCE'

The opposition leader also criticised what she termed as the prime minister's "indifference" to the Tipaimukh dam issue.

She said the joint statement released during Hasina's visit suggested that she had sold out the interests of the country to India and given a green signal to carry on the Tipamukh dam project.

Hasina has said her Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh assured that Bangladesh's interests would not be harmed by India's planned dam, while, according to at least two members of the Hasina's entourage to India, New Delhi has said all work on the dam will be stopped.

'SECRET DEAL'

Referring to reports of a section of the media, Khaleda also claimed the prime minister had also signed a security deal "in secret" with India. "She kept mum on the deal during her press conference suggesting that the reports are correct."

She termed the joint statement released during the visit a communiqué of India and Awami League. "It's not a statement of Bangladesh and India."

Referring to Hasina's call to BNP to join parliament to discuss the outcome of the visit, Khaleda said there is no scope of discussing the matter in parliament since the deals are already signed.

She said every citizen of the country is afraid of the outcome of the visit.

Khaleda urged the people to unite and get prepared for "a national movement" to prevent the enforcement of the deals.

bdnews24.com/sr/rah/1741h

Hahah....what idiocy?....she says,she havent seen the agreements signed but is still objecting those!.....lol

*********Khaleda replied: "The joint communique has it all." *********

That suffices for politicians. Anyway ... you stole words from my mouth.

Hahah....what idiocy?....she says,she havent seen the agreements signed but is still objecting those!.....lol

She is talking about the joint declaration. She place a demand to la-hasina to make public the The agreement between fascist bharat and AL.

Back
Top Bottom