What's new

Was Ojhri Camp Blast an Accident or Sabotage?

It killed hundreds but the actual cause remains unknown. The Ojhri camp disaster jolted the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad in 1988. Here is what actually happened.
I was a youngster when this happened and living in Rawalpindi my grandfather had a showroom on 6th road - I remember the day we were in the waiting room having dinner with my grandfather when the explosion happened - it was a massive explosion it shook the ground beneath our feet and then we heard the whizzing and whistling as shells cooked off - as we all ran for shelter my grandfather being a retired army man said get on the floor , cover your head and open your mouth.

I never understood why he said that then, now I do. It was a scary, scary time and who knows the truth behind it but his actions really saved many lives.

I remember leaving the showroom and driving down towards bank road and the entire streets and roads were chock with edhi ambulances and military vehicles.

If anything this is a good case study why ammo dumps should never be placed near densely populated civilian population centres.

Out of date topic.
Useless.
That is pakistan problems. We never consider human life precious enough. Always say to put mitti over everything. To cover it up. While countries expose and out cases to logical conclusion and give the dead some respect. But in this banana republic no

Out of date topic.
Useless.
That is pakistan problems. We never consider human life precious enough. Always say to put mitti over everything. To cover it up. While countries expose and out cases to logical conclusion and give the dead some respect. But in this banana republic no

I remember the day we were in the waiting room having dinner with my grandfather when the explosion happened

More than 40 years passed.
Dear, if I am not wrong, it was morning time may be around 1000hrs to 1200hrs, on 10th of April.
Most probably you were enjoying brunch/lunch, that time could not be a dinner time.

More than 40 years passed.
Dear, if I am not wrong, it was morning time may be around 1000hrs to 1200hrs, on 10th of April.
Most probably you were enjoying brunch/lunch, that time could not be a dinner time.
Wrong use of word but we were having a meal - 😅. I’m an old man now you have fro forgive me these little spelling mistakes from time time 😂

Wrong use of word but we were having a meal - 😅. I’m an old man now you have fro forgive me these little spelling mistakes from time time 😂

Dear, I was just confused about the time - no other intentions.
At that time, I was in your neighbourhood of I-9/1. Whenever commuting to Rawalpindi most of the time was using 6th Road - no idea on present but one of the best and wider road at the time.

Dear, I was just confused about the time - no other intentions.
At that time, I was in your neighbourhood of I-9/1. Whenever commuting to Rawalpindi most of the time was using 6th Road - no idea on present but one of the best and wider road at the time.
Yes it was actually a decent open road up until the late 90’s- in between 1998 and early 2000’s it became incredibly congested.

The underpass built sometime in 2006 and the overpass built in 2011 have improve traffic flow but sadly 6th road is still a problem for traffic management.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom