What's new

Warship Discussions

Type 45 Daring class is the best destroyer in the world,period.

The one that went to sea without even a CIWS in place? On paper this is a very decent class, in reality the UK MOD has screwed it up (as usual).

what a stupid list,

where are those Japanese and Korean destroyers?
and the half baked foreign parts assembled Indian Kolkata made to the list`?`:D
What's your problem pal? So what if the Indian Kolkata's have foreign components- do not all destroyers these days??

How about you analyse the specifications of the vessels and explain why these Destroyers,in your opinion, are not up to scratch?

Some pathetic work there mate!

Although the Udaloy and Sovermenny r powerful but they have only short to medium range air defense capability - SA-N-12 25-35km and even shorter klinok, Russian answer to the Aegis system would be the Slava with the S-300FM Fort Sam system.. Although the new Project 21950? Destroyer seems to be the appropriate counterpart it is still only on paper

Photo-French-Forbin.jpg

Also has PAAMS just fitted with a different radar...

The one that went to sea without even a CIWS in place? On paper this is a very decent class, in reality the UK MOD has screwed it up (as usual).

Once its equipped to specifications,they haven't because of no threat.They can very quickly if they want.

Although the Udaloy and Sovermenny r powerful but they have only short to medium range air defense capability - SA-N-12 25-35km and even shorter klinok, Russian answer to the Aegis system would be the Slava with the S-300FM Fort Sam system.. Although the new Project 21950? Destroyer seems to be the appropriate counterpart it is still only on paper

RADARS are old,ship is unstealthy and s-300 has limited engagement envelope against sea skimmer.
But anti shipmissile armament is very strong.

What's your problem pal? So what if the Indian Kolkata's have foreign components- do not all destroyers these days??

How about you analyse the specifications of the vessels and explain why these Destroyers,in your opinion, are not up to scratch?

Some pathetic work there mate!

yes most modern destroyers have foreign parts,
like the radar and weapon systems of Japanese Kongō-class and Atago-class
and Sejong the Great-class for South Korea, or the Type-45's VLS

but Kolkata's case is very different from those, as all the core parts are foreign made, it took more than a decade to put up a half baked foreign parts assembled ship, and with all the available foreign assistants yet that ship still soaking in the water, this shows india has very low technological know-how of building modern warships...and also due to the primitiveness of india's technological and engineering skill, there is a big question mark on whether all of these different equipment and systems (from other countries) will be working effectively and compatibly`

so the problem is when you leave out three very advanced and potent destroyers like Sejong the Great-class, Kongo-class and Atago-class, and put this questionable half-finished Kolkata in, it becomes ludicrous, and so are those funny Indian delusions

yes most modern destroyers have foreign parts,
like the radar and weapon systems of Japanese Kongō-class and Atago-class
and Sejong the Great-class for South Korea, or the Type-45's VLS

but Kolkata's case is very different from those, as all the core parts are foreign made, it took more than a decade to put up a half baked foreign parts assembled ship, and with all the available foreign assistants yet that ship still soaking in the water, this shows india has very low technological know-how of building modern warships...and also due to the primitiveness of india's technological and engineering skill, there is a big question mark on whether all of these different equipment and systems (from other countries) will be working effectively and compatibly`

so the problem is when you leave out three very advanced and potent destroyers like Sejong the Great-class, Kongo-class and Atago-class, and put this questionable half-finished Kolkata in, it becomes ludicrous, and so are those funny Indian delusions

I am wondering how is the progress of Kolkata class destroyer. I heard it is going for sea trial end of this year. May we have a latest picture of its states?

I am wondering how is the progress of Kolkata class destroyer. I heard it is going for sea trial end of this year. May we have a latest picture of its states?

I think they are going for sea trials this year
I am on my phone so cannot post pics

Any other member please help

I'm not sure what the Sovermenny has in terms of anti-missile defense that the Slavas lack, the size of the Slavas can be very useful with new VLS like Redut n USKS and naval pantsyr :/

The Dutch navy revealed it's first concept of a new generation of frigates. The ships are replacing the 90s M-frigates in the Dutch navy around 2023. The Dutch navy and Damen Schelde naval shipbuilding are working together in designing and building the ships.

Back
Top Bottom