What's new

Warning to teacher about teaching evolution.

Child asked his mother where he and other humans came from so the mother explained to him the story of Adam and Eve and the creation of mankind.

A few days later the child asked his father the same question and the father spoke about evolving from monkeys and the the evolution of man.

So the child went back to his mother confused and asked her why there were 2 different answers to his question about where humans came from and why she spoke about Adam and Eve whereas the father spoke about monkeys.

To which the mother replied "well my child I was talking about my family and your father was talking about his" :D

Teacher didn't step of out of line. the mother of the child did. If she does not have the capacity to understand evolution and views it as a threat to her child she needs to put him in a imam hatip school as religion is not valid in our public school system as course work science is.

:coffee:

The lessons taught in high schools' 9th and 10th grades are:

* Turkish language
* Turkish literature
* Mathematics
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Biology
* Geometry
* Turkish History
* Geography
* English language
* Second Foreign Language (German, French, Italian, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Chinese languages)
* Health Studies
* Electives
* Profession Lessons (only in Vocational High Schools)
* Courses on Religion (only in Anatolian Imam-Hatip High Schools and Imam-Hatip High Schools)

See here.

yea but that student was 14 years old(primary school) . He /she is not highschool student. Evolution classes start in high school and there is no problem in theaching them in turkey. I also took them when i was in high school. But NOT in PRIMARY school.

The problem is here teacher told them evaluation theory too early. You can not teach your students whatever you like. You have to stick in to curriculum. If you dont and somebody complains about this, you get warning.

Please you kemalists do not mix one simple issue to religion and sharia. Please. This news has anything to do with politics or religion.

yea but that student was 14 years old(primary school) . He /she is not highschool student. Evolution classes start in high school and there is no problem in theaching them in turkey. I also took them when i was in high school. But NOT in PRIMARY school.

The problem is here teacher told them evaluation theory too early. You can not teach your students whatever you like. You have to stick in to curriculum. If you dont and somebody complains about this, you get warning.

Please you kemalists do not mix one simple issue to religion and sharia. Please. This news has anything to do with politics or religion.

Huh ? This has has everything to do with Religion if it had nothing to do with religion there would never have been a complaint put forth(or brought up false statements like the teacher reading the bible which would run counter to the theory of evolution, sounds like they are trying to put dirt on this teacher). The mother would not have even cared. A teacher is not allowed to talk about evolution ? Why because the kid is not in high school? That makes no sense. There is no age requirement for knowing science. The teacher was also not teaching evolution but answering a question. The school board knows it did wrong and now they are trying to clean up after themselves by blaming the teacher. Legitimate questions should get legitimate answers. No need to be naive avrasya.

It does not take much to understand what happened. A student asked a question got a accurate answer then went home to his mother who obviously has little knowledge in these matters. Talked about it and she in turn got angry and started complaining that her son was thought what he needed to be. We should be progressive here and the school board should have educated the mother instead. Informed her on these matters. Instead they, like the mother, by issuing the warning made the issue about religion.

Last edited:
Ah accuse religion again!

Its not about religion the so called evolution is crap so why should it even be taught when everyone knows it never took place in the first place? When was man an ape and changed to a human being i don't understand since 50's researchers have worked with Monkeys and non of them has turned physically into a civilized human being capable to perform and speak in human language which is called the true evolution.

Nothing should be taught in schools which has no reality to it. Human Beings were never reptiles.
I apologize to Turkish brothers but suppose if schools in armenia teaches the so called genocidal by Turkey then you people don't have to object to it or would you?? that is similar to the case with evolution in my opinion.

PS. There is no room for BS Science that contributes to nothing!!

Well I didn't get that.O.K if you don't believe in Darwin theory then no problem but atleast students have full right to learn what Darwin theory really is.

I had myself studied Darwin theory ( It always appeared in my exams lol) but I don't believe it.

By the way Darwin should have told us that why not ALL monkeys evolved into Humans? Why there are still monkey present in the world? My theory is They are also evolving but their evolution is bit slow ;)

It is really sad to know that turkey is going the america way.
But am sure there are enough people in turkey to challenge this.

For others who do not understand evolution, go back to your school again.
Monkeys do not turn to human because you teach them, if it happens, all evolution theory will go in drain.

Just because you dont understand a concept does not make it crap.
Try this site.
TalkOrigins Archive: Exploring the Creation/Evolution Controversy

AUz..Ho ho ho were you a tortoise turned into an average Joe MAN?

No Believe me students are more interested to read about Ozzy and Beatles then mr. darwin's reptilians.

Instead of teaching such baseless theories students must be enrolled in credible technical classes to learn something to contribute to society and find jobs incase they aren't able to continue studies.
Am I wrong? await comments from others.

AUz..Ho ho ho were you a tortoise turned into an average Joe MAN?
Clearly you dont understand the concept of eons/ages over which evolution occurs. Its not a simple chemical reaction that can manifest its results in a few minutes or hours. Nor is it a bunch of pages of code compiled to give you an executable package asap!

To understand evolution, one needs to understand the complexity of life's building blocks - DNA molecules - and how minor changes can cause changes in living organisms. One needs to understand the stability of these changes and how it can be passed down generations where it may or may not manifest its effects.

Evolution doesnt occur overnight nor in one's lifetime. It takes ages, hundreds and thousands of years for even minor changes to be permanently embedded into our life's - read DNA - code. This concept is clearly out of scope of some peoples understanding capability.
No Believe me students are more interested to read about Ozzy and Beatles then mr. darwin's reptilians.
Speaks a lot about those "students", doesnt it?
Instead of teaching such baseless theories students must be enrolled in credible technical classes to learn something to contribute to society and find jobs incase they aren't able to continue studies.
Am I wrong? await comments from others.
Wrong you ask? Yes. Such societies are known as fascist where fates of individuals are decided not by individuals themselves, but by totalitarian authorities. Pick you choice.

Mate you've a history with me.

Like i said No BS science that contribute to nothing. Apes can't be MEN. I've not seen a single ape chimp turned into human being in the past 70 years.

Mate you've a history with me.
Do I? I had no idea mate!
Like i said No BS science that contribute to nothing. Apes can't be MEN. I've not seen a single ape chimp turned into human being in the past 70 years.
Science is NOT BS. Science either helps prove or disprove phenomena, with the help of experiments and facts. As of now, this theory of evolution explains almost everything that we know about life on Earth.

As for the nitpickers (calling this a THEORY), I challenge them to come up with an alternate theory supported by irrefutable facts to disprove evolution. Game for it?

And what a rubbish statement you just made! On what grounds would you expect an ape to turn in to a human in 70 years. Please do explain.

And for not being able to witness a single ape being turned into human, I pity your impatience. Read my previous post to really understand why evolution takes a long time, longer than mere lifespans. If you cannot understand the concept, its your fault, not your teachers'!

Well I didn't get that.O.K if you don't believe in Darwin theory then no problem but atleast students have full right to learn what Darwin theory really is.

I had myself studied Darwin theory ( It always appeared in my exams lol) but I don't believe it.

By the way Darwin should have told us that why not ALL monkeys evolved into Humans? Why there are still monkey present in the world? My theory is They are also evolving but their evolution is bit slow ;)

We have a common ancestry with primates. That being said all primates just all of a sudden didn't evolve into human beings. There are many types of primates that are evolving in their own way subgroups and such. There are even subspecies of humans that become extinct long ago like Neanderthal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This might give people are better understanding

Species close to the last common ancestor of gorillas, chimpanzees and humans may be represented by Nakalipithecus fossils found in Kenya and Ouranopithecus found in Greece. Molecular evidence suggests that between 8 and 4 million years ago, first the gorillas, and then the chimpanzees (genus Pan) split off from the line leading to the humans; human DNA is approximately 98.4% identical to that of chimpanzees when comparing single nucleotide polymorphisms (see human evolutionary genetics). The fossil record of gorillas and chimpanzees is quite limited. Both poor preservation (rain forest soils tend to be acidic and dissolve bone) and sampling bias probably contribute to this problem.

Try not to think of it in terms of a straight line but something that breaks up into a tree of different groups that all evolve over the course of millions of years.

Also if people have trouble understanding the large timespan for evolution there have been cases just spanning just 30 years like the case was with wall lizards that were introduced to a new island

Lizards Rapidly Evolve After Introduction to Island

i dont wanna get in a "prove your claim" contest here, just this all evolution thing is a joke, meantime i am not seeing any harm to be studied in schools.. you wanna learn whom you evolved from? read this book .. author ; Gene D. Matlock... :lol:
gene-matlock-01.jpg

From book said:
Did you know that the Central Asian and Northern Indian Turks (Aryan Krishtaya) begat all modern races, nations, civilizations, gods, and religions? In the religious text "What Strange Mystery Unites the Turkish Nations, India, Catholicism, and Mexico?" learn the world's best-kept secret about people and the power they possess.
Author Gene Matlock traces the ancient Turks, progenitors of all humankind, from their first home at the Arctic Circle.
and you aliens.. you also evolved from turks.. :D
CNI Report : Aliens Speak Turkish
Their level of technology has allowed them to place the planets in their system on a single orbit allowing their colonization through optimal conditions.They speak a language similar to Turkish by pronunciation.
:lol::lol:
P.S.; hope noone posts some serious feedback on this stuff ..

and ironman is talking about his family :lol::lol:, i would prefer chimps over monkeys any given day :)

btw by many theories indians were african aboriginal.. what say??

my ancestors never ever evolved from african, but indians im confident of!!!, they look very much like africans esp the south indians, and forgive me if i sound racist or offensive

Your case can be understood, for religious people its hard to grasp reality because of illusive walls of perfection that build around themselves.

The theory is not of specifically Indians being african aboriginals but that human race first started in africa, unless you don't consider yourself as human.

For India in particular, in case you had privilige to read Geography in school you should have studied that Indian plate was once attached to Africa. In fact North America and South America were also attached to form a single land mass and not different land masses seperated by wast oceans. These processes are slow and happen over very long periods of time. If you didnt studied this then I dont blame you, if you did studied this and didnt learned anything then nothing can be said.

Thats the reason how Himalayan mountains get formed when tectonic plates strike overlap and create mountains, not by some supernatural dude clicking a button and creating whole mountain. And FYI Himalayan mountain ranges are increasing in height. But you dont see it like evolution and you wont believe it right.

PS: How do you think Earth and Sun got formed ? Is Sun a Star ? How do stars and planets originate ? What is Abiogenesis ?

Last edited:
by aviator
Your case can be understood, for religious people its hard to grasp reality because of illusive walls of perfection that build around themselves.

The theory is not of specifically Indians being african aboriginals but that human race first started in africa, unless you don't consider yourself as human.

For India in particular, in case you had privilige to read Geography in school you should have studied that Indian plate was once attached to Africa. In fact North America and South America were also attached to form a single land mass and not different land masses seperated by wast oceans. These processes are slow and happen over very long periods of time. If you didnt studied this then I dont blame you, if you did studied this and didnt learned anything then nothing can be said.

Thats the reason how Himalayan mountains get formed when tectonic plates strike overlap and create mountains, not by some supernatural dude clicking a button and creating whole mountain. And FYI Himalayan mountain ranges are increasing in height. But you dont see it like evolution and you wont believe it right.

PS: How do you think Earth and Sun got formed ? Is Sun a Star ? How do stars and planets originate ? What is Abiogenesis ?
correct. Indian plate was once attached to Africa but it got separated and before 50 t0 55 million years ago it collided with Asia. this incident gave birth to Himalaya. humans race started in Africa. when ice age came a massive bridge of ice came into existence between Europe and america. using this bridge humans reached america continent. this is how human race was spreaded over globe.

The India or Indian Plate is a tectonic plate that was originally a part of the ancient continent of Gondwanaland from which it split off, eventually becoming a major plate. About 50 to 55 million years ago, it fused with the adjacent Australian Plate. It is today part of the major Indo-Australian Plate, and includes the subcontinent of India and a portion of the basin under the Indian Ocean.
It split from Main the late Cretaceous Period about 90 million years ago, subsequent to the splitting off from Gondwanaland of conjoined Madagascar and India, the India Plate split from Madagascar. It began moving north, at about 20 cm/yr (8 in/yr) [1], and began colliding with Asia between 50 and 55 million years ago, in the Eocene epoch of the Cenozoic Era. During this time, the India Plate covered a distance of 2,000 to 3,000 km (1,200 to 1,900 mi), and moved faster than any other known plate. In 2007, German geologists determined that the reason the India Plate moved so quickly is that it is only half as thick as the other plates which formerly constituted Gondwanaland.[1]

The collision with the Eurasian Plate along the boundary between India and Nepal formed the orogenic belt that created the Tibetan Plateau and the Himalaya Mountains, as sediment bunched up like earth before a plow.

The India Plate is currently moving northeast at 5 cm/yr (2 in/yr), while the Eurasian Plate is moving north at only 2 cm/yr (0.8 in/yr). This is causing the Eurasian Plate to deform, and the India Plate to compress at a rate of 4 mm/yr (0.15 in/yr).

Indian Plate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom