What's new

“War on terror”: Eradicating terror or spreading even more?

GlobalVillageSpace

Media Partner
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Global Village Space |

Dr. Ron Paul |

When we think about terrorism we most often think about the horrors of a Manchester-like attack, where a radicalized suicide bomber went into a concert hall and killed dozens of innocent civilians. It was an inexcusable act of savagery and it certainly did terrorize the population.

Even though US intervention in Syria was supposed to protect the population from government attacks, US-led air strikes have killed more civilians over the past month than air strikes of the Assad government.

What is less considered are attacks that leave far more civilians dead, happen nearly daily instead of rarely, and produce a constant feeling of terror and dread. These are the civilians on the receiving end of US and allied bombs in places like Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia, and elsewhere.

Read more: The US’s top 10 Lies About Syria

Last week alone, US and “coalition” attacks on Syria left more than 200 civilians dead and many hundreds more injured. In fact, even though US intervention in Syria was supposed to protect the population from government attacks, US-led air strikes have killed more civilians over the past month than air strikes of the Assad government. That is like a doctor killing his patient to save him.

Do we really believe we are fighting terrorism by terrorizing innocent civilians overseas? How long until we accept that “collateral damage” is just another word for “murder”?

The real problem is that both Washington and London are more interested in regime change overseas than any blowback that might come to the rest of us back home.

The one so-called success of the recent G7 summit in Sicily was a general agreement to join together to “fight terrorism.” Have we not been in a “war on terrorism” for the past 16 years? What this really means is more surveillance of innocent civilians, a crackdown on free speech and the Internet, and many more bombs dropped overseas. Will doing more of what we have been doing do the trick? Hardly! After 16 years fighting terrorism, it is even worse than before we started. This can hardly be considered success.

Read more: More troops in Afghanistan: A recap of the Vietnam war?

They claim that more government surveillance will keep us safe. But the UK is already the most intrusive surveillance state in the western world. The Manchester bomber was surely on the radar screen. According to press reports, he was known to the British intelligence services, he had traveled and possibly trained in bomb-making in Libya and Syria, his family members warned the authorities that he was dangerous, and he even flew terrorist flags over his house. What more did he need to do to signal that he may be a problem? Yet somehow even in Orwellian UK, the authorities missed all the clues.

They do not hate us because we are rich and free. They hate us because we are over there, bombing them.

Read full article:

How could a giant weapon seller wants peace in world ? It's simply against his interests.
He has to close his shop in a peaceful world !

How could a giant weapon seller wants peace in world ? It's simply against his interests.

A genuine doubt, a seller whoever he may be, is sitting there to sell his stuff, but he never forces anyone to buy, does he ?? It's only a matter of personal choice. :-)

A genuine doubt, a seller whoever he may be, is sitting there to sell his stuff, but he never forces anyone to buy, does he ?? It's only a matter of personal choice. :-)
Any industry is not there just to manufacture and then sit tight.
They advertise it, try to convert the market in their favor by hook or crook and use every mean to sell their industrial products.

Any industry is not there just to manufacture and then sit tight.
They advertise it, try to convert the market in their favor by hook or crook and use every mean to sell their industrial products.

While I agree with you, but still no one is forcing you to buy from a specific company or nation right ?? We have plenty of options out there. What I mean is its the inherent problem within our socialites that is the root cause of conflicts rather than the hook or crook of any weapon seller. :)

Last edited:
While I agree with you, but still no one is forcing you to by from a specific company or nation right ?? We have plenty of options out there. What I mean is it is the inherent problem within our socialites that is the root cause of conflicts rather than the hook or crook of any weapon seller. :)

Can't blame the gun manufacturers for committing crime with a gun. People have their own choices.

While I agree with you, but still no one is forcing you to by from a specific company or nation right ?? We have plenty of options out there. What I mean is its the inherent problem within our socialites that is the root cause of conflicts rather than the hook or crook of any weapon seller. :)
I am not here to change your way to thinking.

People must have to fall into their tactics. As for GCC, weapon buying from USA is must.

usa_iran_arab.jpg

I am not here to change your way to thinking.

People must have to fall into their tactics. As for GCC, weapon buying from USA is must.

usa_iran_arab.jpg

Agreed, but according to me if someone is able to fool me with the same tactics, for the first time it can be my careless blunder but if he succeeds in doing the same multiple times it's not his strength rather my damn stupidity. :(

The same is applicable in the case of GCC, you know. According to me they are nothing but a bunch of selfish idiots. :P

Agreed, but according to me if someone is able to fool me with the same tactics, for the first time it can be my careless blunder but if he succeeds in doing the same multiple times it's not his strength rather my damn stupidity. :(

The same is applicable in the case of GCC, you know. According to me they are nothing but a bunch of selfish idiots. :P
If Bahrain won't buy, she would have to face severe Shia uprising, if Saudis won't buy they would be committing severe crimes in Yemen and so on....

BTW I said something else and you are arguing something else
I said peace is not in favor of weapon seller !

Back
Top Bottom