What's new

Wanted: Muslim, Dead or Alive !

^^^
really? At least i never saw that happening, Its good if its happening

There have been sectarian marriage among Shia, Sunni, Bohra and Ismaili (Agha Khani) in Pakistan and we have many in Canada too. Even in my family we have intermarriage with Ismailis. My family members both females and males have also married European and American Christians. They are technically Muslims but nobody cares anymore.

Many of people go against their parents decision, marry, and then apply for state protection, however such people are usually not liked in their localities(due to disobeying parents) and have to be settled elsewhere.

Thats ok..i mean state do support such marriages..thats is the fist step needed..society will change when law education modern views reach them..cheers.

true but are you sure that 'good & gehratmand Muslim' of this country will leave her for that? We are living in a country where Fathers kill their daughters for speaking up their choice

Lets ignore the ignorant villagers for once and focus more on educated people like you and me...........

So whats wrong in it??

Never said there is anything wrong with it......... merely stating a fact.

Yes that is another matter but the first right step should be there from the law. There should be legal support to women who want to decide for her self.

Problem is not absence of rules but their implementation. We can have all the rules we want on paper, but they are useless unless they can be enforced and the girls have true choice.

why ignore them??

Because I don't really like being associated with them, anyone who kills a woman in a false sense of honour is just another murderer with an over inflated ego and a severe inferiority complex.

Never said there is anything wrong with it......... merely stating a fact.

Problem is not absence of rules but their implementation. We can have all the rules we want on paper, but they are useless unless they can be enforced and the girls have true choice.
I am just being happy that the first step (making the correct law) being there.remember it also is not an easy job.there are many countries who are still not able to do that. And yes implementation has to follow which is the second step.

why do you want to ignore a BIG part of Pakistan's population

A large part of the population would most likely oppose such a decision, possibly overturn it by use of force but not kill their daughters. That is a minority crime yet unacceptable no differently.

Back
Top Bottom