What's new

Walton collaborates with Intel, Microsoft to make laptop

What I do and don't understand is not the point. The point is that this is Off Topic.

But since you asked - let me explain in very plain words.

Most posters here know about my neutrality. I don't take Jamati's or BNP's side, neither I am a fan of Hasina's.

AFAIK I have the right to express my opinions on this forum. You want to take away my rights to speak - based on what?

I am amused. :-)

I don't wear my politics on my (virtual) armband. And I have learned sometime ago not to bait trolls either. You can (if you want) call me names - but you'll be wasting your breath. Unless you argue with logic and sense, not blind rhetoric.

If you have as much exposure and education like me and talk sensibly - then we can talk (and maybe argue) on an equal level. The first step is of course grammar - which is a clear indicator of every poster's exposure and education. So many young posters on this forum think simply posting on topics makes them an instant expert. Issuing low-quality posts sequentially does not make one an expert. I don't profess to be an expert, but many here do...

People (even on this forum) know your (virtual) identity by the quality of your posts and accord you the respect you deserve (or not). If all you post about are incredulous theories like 'India taking over Bangladesh' then you'll have very few takers of your offerings. People will simply not engage with you seriously.

I don't believe in useless conspiracy theories (especially sprouted within this forum by 'quality' posters), I have enough insight into Bangladesh' real political circles to know what is going on (yes I do have friends in high places if you have to ask). I don't have to take cues from posts here or consider them seriously.

One thing is for sure - I am for whomever cuts a fair deal for the 'apamor jonoshadharon' (aam janta) in Bangladesh.

Food on the table (or floor), clothes on people's backs and roof over their heads is MUCH more important than who leads the govt and what politics they profess. What are the parties offering over each other in that regard?? Where are the jobs in light or heavy engineering, in shipbuilding and in exploring our marine resources? What are the succinct plans made by each political party about exports to India for example? About pharma exports to the US and EU/UK??

If Bangladesh was led by educated leaders then it would have already turned into Malaysia. It hasn't. If we had our politics set properly we'd already have Dr. Yunus as our leader. But we don't.

Priorities First.

I'd ask (once again) to not derail this thread. Take this OT conversation elsewhere. Or preferably - open a separate thread to reply to this post please.

Good post but it is very optimistic to think BD would be Malaysia now with good leadership.
It suffered from the 24 year late start due to being part of Pakistan.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/business/2016/09/06/walton-products-potentials-thai-market/

‘Walton products have potentials in Thai market’

Chokedi Kaevsang, deputy secretary general of Thailand Board of Investment, sees an enormous market potentialities of Bangladeshi Walton products in Thailand and other Asean markets
Chokedi came up with the remarks while he was talking to the journalists after visiting the Walton Hi-Tech Park at Chandra in Gazipur.

A 20-member delegation of Thai businessmen led by Chokedi Kaevsang visited the factory to see the production system and quality of electronics products produced by the local manufacturer.

“Thailand is a potential market for Walton products and it has
also a vast opportunity to expand its market in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries through Thailand,” said Chokedi.

Chokedi also urged the Walton to build a strong business relationship with the Thai businessmen to expand its market in the region.

Walton, the largest manufacture of electronics and electrical products, is manufacturing world-class home appliances, which are ideal for Asean countries including Thailand even for Europe and American markets, he said.

With the partnership of Thai businessmen, the market of Walton products can be extended in Thailand as well as in the Asean region, said Chokedi. The rise of Walton is not only an example to Bangladesh but also to other countries in the World, he added.

The business delegation said that Bangladesh is the front runner among the world’s fastest growing economic countries.

If a middle-income country like Thailand has faith in Walton, then this is a very good sign.:enjoy:

Last edited:
Always potential, tell me when realisation happens.

Happening now as we speak with GDP growth above 7%
May want to check out the thread in BD section about yet another multi-billion
dollar road project being started soon.

May want to check out the thread in BD section about yet another multi-billion
dollar road project being started soon.

No its not happening now....this is all "potential" talk as usual.

The reality is quite different:

http://www.dhakachamber.com/Bilateral/Thailand-Bangladesh Bilateral Trade Statistics.pdf

Major exports from BD to Thailand:

Frozen Food (2.367), Agri-Products (4.462), Chemical products (0.649), Leather (0.35), Raw Jute (6.379), Jute goods (58.277), Knitwear (7.836), Woven Garments (6.438), Others (7.631).

http://www.reuters.com/article/bangladesh-thailand-trade-idUSL3N15O2HD

Thai exports to Bangladesh were valued at about $800 million, while Bangladeshi exports to Thailand were estimated at $400 million during the last fiscal year. (Reporting by Serajul Quadir; Editing by Tom Heneghan)T

Feb 9 Annual trade between Bangladesh and Thailand could quadruple to $4.8 billion

Could, not will.....and the composition of the goods in the "could" is even more speculative

Always potential, tell me when realisation happens.
Why are you burning? That is how india prescribed awami dalal media to propagate news - based on potential not when things happened. Eat your own indian sh$t now.

May want to check out the thread in BD section about yet another multi-billion dollar road project being started soon.
We have started many multi-billion dollar projects and the economy is growing @ 7%. Any comments?

Why are you burning? That is how india prescribed awami dalal media to propagate news - based on potential not when things happened. Eat your own indian sh$t now.
Do not you want the rise of Bangladesh? Please send us information of the projects that BNP-Jamaat govt. did in the country.

Walton will be successful even if it does not
export much as it totally dominates the
160 million population domestic market.
Not exactly. We need a re-branded BD with Walton and other company products selling abroad.

Not exactly. We need a re-branded BD with Walton and other company products selling abroad.

BD brands already have big impact on domestic customers, and certainly due to quality credibility. As they earned the faith of certain segment of the consumers they will certainly earn the faith of foreign customer as well.

I am actually expecting big from PRAN-RFL group in consumer electronics. They have deep pocket.

I am actually expecting big from PRAN-RFL group in consumer electronics. They have deep pocket.
There is little possibility that they will invest large amount outside their natural habitats. They will stick to the Agro, Plastic and foundry business. At least the next 7-10 years. ব্যাটাগো পয়সা থাকলে কি হইব, ইনভেস্ট করায় অত আগ্রহ নাই।

Last edited:
There is little possibility that they will invest outside their natural habitats. They will stick to the Agro, Plastic and foundry business. At least the next 7-10 years. ব্যাটাগো পয়সা থাকলে কি হইব, ইনভেস্ট করায় অত আগ্রহ নাই।

They are already in the market big time..with " Vision" brand name.

They are already in the market big time..with " Vision" brand name.
Hearing of it for the first time. Forgive my ignorance about them. How come never even seen a TVC?
Any info on the market share and everything else?

Last edited:
Hearing of it for the first time. Forgive my ignorance about them. How come never even seen a TVC?
Any info on the market share and everything else?

I guess Jahid Hasan is their Brand Ambassador.

Back
Top Bottom