What's new

Visiting Dhaka was upsetting..

STD

BANNED
Reaction score
Harry Potter star Emma Watson, who has fronted a new advertising campaign for ethical clothing company People Tree, says visiting garment factories in Dhaka, Bangladesh, was an “upsetting” experience. “I had some preconceived ideas but nothing prepared me for the reality. It was upsetting
to see the conditions in which these people live, but I was incredibly moved by their spirit and friendliness in spite of such apparent adversity,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.emmawatson

“Having seen the slums in Dhaka and the conditions in which these people live and work to produce ‘fast fashion’, I would say to those people that this is not the way we should be making clothes in the modern world,” she added.

The 20-year-old, who first joined forces with the ethical clothing company when she designed a collection for them last year.

“Although I wasn’t centrally involved in the design of this collection, I had great fun in helping the brand select some gorgeous fair trade textiles, such as a dogtooth hand-woven check, cable knits, among other stuff.”

?Visiting Dhaka was upsetting? - Hindustan Times

whats the point in posting news like this. If she visited garment factories in India she would have been more upset.

Are PDF members in a habit to measure each others d!ck?

No need to post such things, plz we don't want a Indian idune.

Also, Britishers are racist and have double standard.

A cheap publicity stunt to imply that her "ethical clothing company"have great working conditions and therefore prices will be rightfully higher than than the competetion from bangadesi manufacturers who have worst and cheap working condition.

Hard working people are always happy. Bengladeshis are damn tough hard workers who will do anything for dignity rather sit and whine. Its too bad that the world exploits them for their poverty but better something than nothing. Seriously who can survive the middle east scorching sun and fuel the sky scrapper boom or sweep the streets. My chef is a Begladeshi and has got some top notch taste up his hand.

Threads such as this are in bad taste and should be discouraged by moderators by quickly closing them. If we do this for every such thread, we will have healthier conversation.

Harry Potter star Emma Watson, who has fronted a new advertising campaign for ethical clothing company People Tree, says visiting garment factories in Dhaka, Bangladesh, was an “upsetting” experience. “I had some preconceived ideas but nothing prepared me for the reality. It was upsetting
to see the conditions in which these people live, but I was incredibly moved by their spirit and friendliness in spite of such apparent adversity,”
contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.emmawatson

“Having seen the slums in Dhaka and the conditions in which these people live and work to produce ‘fast fashion’, I would say to those people that this is not the way we should be making clothes in the modern world,” she added.

The 20-year-old, who first joined forces with the ethical clothing company when she designed a collection for them last year.

“Although I wasn’t centrally involved in the design of this collection, I had great fun in helping the brand select some gorgeous fair trade textiles, such as a dogtooth hand-woven check, cable knits, among other stuff.”

?Visiting Dhaka was upsetting? - Hindustan Times

I actually welcome her remarks. Hers is typical to someone who hasn't seen the realities of poverty.

All the progress Bangladesh is seeing is because of the entrepreneurs, these young girls, and the guy that fixes "Somebozo's" dinner.

Last edited:
emma_watson_celebrity-2607.jpg

I think we shall all have a moment of silence and listen to what this 19 years old is saying :agree:

She is right BTW, if she visits any southasian country, similar conditions will follow. While all the mega brands make mega ££s / $$s , they should atleast return something to the community that works their a$$es off.

We are not asking much: are we ?

My god.

She looks amazing.

Testosterone aside, glad to see celebs seeing the 'real' world in person. Not everyone lives in a poverty free society.

My god.

She looks amazing.

Testosterone aside, glad to see celebs seeing the 'real' world in person. Not everyone lives in a poverty free society.

r u a *** freak, get out off this cyber world and get some life fat boy!!

Today morning only i watched her movie 'harry potter and the half blood prince'

Back
Top Bottom