IMG_20181128_164251.jpg

IMG_20181128_164311.jpg
IMG_20181128_164324.jpg
IMG_20181128_164329.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181128_164141.jpg
    IMG_20181128_164141.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 114
Simply outstanding, very impressive love the machine and the name. Has PA entered any of these in its service?

Well the best things is our products finishing and colour scheme has improved alot.

Agree with your point about the need to have more IFV's, but disagree about the idea that a nuclear shield will keep us safe.

At some point someone might call our bluff on this. If we let the conventional gap get so big that we risk our conventional armed forces being wiped out without making a critical impact on the enemy, we might risk a situation where the Indians can gain air superiority without really crossing the border that much, and then wait to pick off our nuclear and missile assets.

Alternatively, they might only advance into our territory to a limited scale. Would we risk a nuclear exchange for desert? Potentially something that could escalate to MAD? When it comes to it, I don't think we would.

We need to continue to build a credible non nuclear detterant by improving the conventional wing of our armed forces. We don't need to match India gun to gun, we just have enough to make sure they can't cross the border.
His background is not military defence but he thinks he is omni-matter analyst who knows all. Nuke shield can very much be nullified or mitigated with countermeasures and Gangadesh is constantly working on it through acquisition of advanced weapon systems in conventional domain as well as increasing its nuclear capabilities like adding more subs with SLBMs, S-400, ABMDS, Rafale etc so if Pakistan just gives up, even the nuclear shield will become ineffective i.e. if you can't deliver..it is of no use as was the case for Bharat when it exploded its first crude nuke in 1974... It simply could not deliver it for the next 10-20 years i.e. 1986 Pakistan had a credible working device and Pakistan achieved the ability to deliver it shortly after through A/Cs and latter by through missiles. So Pakistan has to continually keep improving its conventional capabilities and which it has been doing by introducing different missiles like TNW in form of NASR, cruise missiles, MIRVs, SLCM and sea-based deterrence so even though Pakistan is not in the numbers game, it has kept innovating to deny its adversary any decisive advantage and we should to keep doing that.

30mm twin barrel? how many Rounds per min and the age of barrel? What kind of 30mm rounds? Tungsten, chromium, steel? that will dictate along with Kinetic energy of the bullets how deep they can penetrate? Whats the range based on the alloy? distance travelled per sec by various alloy types? 700mm plus armored piercing rounds? is there a fire control system (FCS), night vision scope for targeting? barrel flash suppression ???

His background is not military defence but he thinks he is omni-matter analyst who knows all. Nuke shield can very much be nullified or mitigated with countermeasures and Gangadesh is constantly working on it through acquisition of advanced weapon systems in conventional domain as well as increasing its nuclear capabilities like adding more subs with SLBMs, S-400, ABMDS, Rafale etc so if Pakistan just gives up, even the nuclear shield will become ineffective i.e. if you can't deliver..it is of no use as was the case for Bharat when it exploded its first crude nuke in 1974... It simply could not deliver it for the next 10-20 years i.e. 1986 Pakistan had a credible working device and Pakistan achieved the ability to deliver it shortly after through A/Cs and latter by through missiles. So Pakistan has to continually keep improving its conventional capabilities and which it has been doing by introducing different missiles like TNW in form of NASR, cruise missiles, MIRVs, SLCM and sea-based deterrence so even though Pakistan is not in the numbers game, it has kept innovating to deny its adversary any decisive advantage and we should to keep doing that.
This so called think tank analyst always seems to forget that in case of a nuclear exchange Pakistan will be burned as well....nukes are the last resort, both sides will never use them in a war unless its the matter of very survival of the state.....we need to massively boost our conventional capabilities to keep india at bay.

At IDEAS 2018 Pakistan introduced first ever home grown Infantry Fighting Vehicle called Viper. Equipped with two ATGM 30mm chain gun & 12.7mm AA gun, this IFV is developed by Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) It's protected by Sloped armour and carries state of art sensors & Optics

DtFlQsLWsAIRr6x.jpg

DtFKZ1sWwAAMySD.jpg

View attachment 522750
Impressive vehicle!

But what a terrible name!!!! Seriously, Viper???

Hopefully the vehicle goes beyond concept stage, and even more hopefully gets a name change.

Agree with your point about the need to have more IFV's, but disagree about the idea that a nuclear shield will keep us safe.

At some point someone might call our bluff on this. If we let the conventional gap get so big that we risk our conventional armed forces being wiped out without making a critical impact on the enemy, we might risk a situation where the Indians can gain air superiority without really crossing the border that much, and then wait to pick off our nuclear and missile assets.

Alternatively, they might only advance into our territory to a limited scale. Would we risk a nuclear exchange for desert? Potentially something that could escalate to MAD? When it comes to it, I don't think we would.

We need to continue to build a credible non nuclear detterant by improving the conventional wing of our armed forces. We don't need to match India gun to gun, we just have enough to make sure they can't cross the border.
agree, first objective has to be denial of air superiority as without air power invasion will be very difficult with new guided weapons and cluster ammunition, its simply not an option..so air superiority is the key in post 2000 battles once there was proliferation of guided and cluster weapons even in 1990s iraq was decomated simply because they had no airpower

once we lose air power a conventional war will be over and it will be a asymetrical war

pakistan thus needs to get it act together work on thunders fast pace, try to acquire more f16s and get more SAMs through JV and EW systems and if economics allow in future a third platform

viper is simply a revamp of m113 i dont see anything special about it..i hope they upped the armoured to atleast some level..

They could've named it Baktar-band, but thank God this didn't happen.
lolz!!
Well that would have just meant "Armored Vehicle"
I was actually talking about naming these systems after people etc. VIPER have a more lethal and professional sound to it!!

30mm twin barrel? how many Rounds per min and the age of barrel? What kind of 30mm rounds? Tungsten, chromium, steel? that will dictate along with Kinetic energy of the bullets how deep they can penetrate? Whats the range based on the alloy? distance travelled per sec by various alloy types? 700mm plus armored piercing rounds? is there a fire control system (FCS), night vision scope for targeting? barrel flash suppression ???
So many question. Now i aint got the time

Impressive vehicle!

But what a terrible name!!!! Seriously, Viper???

Hopefully the vehicle goes beyond concept stage, and even more hopefully gets a name change.

Viper!
The snake, not the floor cleaning thing. ;d

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom