What's new

VIEW: You can’t handle the truth?

i dont think that there is an aviation base there!...not an army aviation base. i saw the troops in the morning, the SSG troops, but the army trucks were moving in at night as well.

if you have to check -- check on Google Earth -- there is an aviation flight complete with a hanger and maintenance buildings and helos on ground and clearly marked landing pads and marked lane for light aircrafts right accross PNS Mehran on the other side of the runway. I do not know where you are getting your info.

The info. iI wrote was qleane from a person of senior rank who was invloved along with the Mechanised and Armoured infantry units of both FF & Punjab from Malir in tha action on the ground. The infantry units moved in the night but SSG came in the morning and initially took up blocking position on the refusal of navy to allow them into direct engagement.

Apparently the culprits were well equipped for night time operation including NVGs, something which wasn't available to the security guards at the base.
Also the guards had to take cautions when firing on the terrorists some of which were hiding amongst sensitive equipments inside the hangars.
Reportedly it was only after the arrival of the Zarrar Co. equipped with new corner shot guns and NVGs, that the situation was brought under control.
As for the Shadi Hall, it is more adjacent to the PAF Museum than anything else, which in any case is designed as a public recreation area.

if you have to check -- check on Google Earth -- there is an aviation flight complete with a hanger and maintenance buildings and helos on ground and clearly marked landing pads and marked lane for light aircrafts right accross PNS Mehran on the other side of the runway. I do not know where you are getting your info.

The info. iI wrote was qleane from a person of senior rank who was invloved along with the Mechanised and Armoured infantry units of both FF & Punjab from Malir in tha action on the ground. The infantry units moved in the night but SSG came in the morning and initially took up blocking position on the refusal of navy to allow them into direct engagement.

exactly what i said, ditto.

as far as aviation base is concerned, there is no ARMY aviation base in karachi, there is PNS mehran, PAF masroor, PAF faisal, but no ARMY aviation base in karachi.

there is one sqn of army aviation but it is of mushaks, so ....

exactly what i said, ditto.

as far as aviation base is concerned, there is no ARMY aviation base in karachi, there is PNS mehran, PAF masroor, PAF faisal, but no ARMY aviation base in karachi.

there is one sqn of army aviation but it is of mushaks, so ....

Are the PA Aviation using PAF or PN facilities or have a separate maint. and parking facilities? A squadron including Mushaks and Helos dedicated to the support of 5 Corps is permanently stationed there. I do not know what one calls a facility with dedicated resources built on the ground for one singular purpose – support permanent Army Aviation Squadron??..... PA might not call it an army aviation base but for all practical purposes it is serving the purpose for 5 Corps. Area.

The reason to include Army Aviation in my narration was two fold:

1. To give an overall view of where the troops were deployed with reference points for all to understand the ground situation and highlight one of the reasons why PA entered the base when it did – it did to safeguard PA assets. PN at that point was not willing to let other arms have a go at the terrs.

2. Besides the obvious C-130's and the PM's plane, there were PA Aviation assets also on the ground when the attack happened -- but none were touched other than the P3C's.

Are the PA Aviation using PAF or PN facilities or have a separate maint. and parking facilities? A squadron including Mushaks and Helos dedicated to the support of 5 Corps is permanently stationed there. I do not know what one calls a facility with dedicated resources built on the ground for one singular purpose – support permanent Army Aviation Squadron??..... PA might not call it an army aviation base but for all practical purposes it is serving the purpose for 5 Corps. Area.

The reason to include Army Aviation in my narration was two fold:

1. To give an overall view of where the troops were deployed with reference points for all to understand the ground situation and highlight one of the reasons why PA entered the base when it did – it did to safeguard PA assets. PN at that point was not willing to let other arms have a go at the terrs.

2. Besides the obvious C-130's and the PM's plane, there were PA Aviation assets also on the ground when the attack happened -- but none were touched other than the P3C's.

there is only one squadron of mushaks placed there and nothing more of army aviation, and the place is not called army aviation base, it is called PNS mehran or PAF faisal. There were also Z-9's present, C 130, sea king all sort of things, but they weren't touched either. I dont know how to post pictures else i could have shown you Z-9 sitting right next to the orion.!!!, dumb terrorists or good job security forces?.

could you please tell me which helos are stationed in karachi?

there is only one squadron of mushaks placed there and nothing more of army aviation, and the place is not called army aviation base, it is called PNS mehran or PAF faisal. There were also Z-9's present, C 130, sea king all sort of things, but they weren't touched either. I dont know how to post pictures else i could have shown you Z-9 sitting right next to the orion.!!!, dumb terrorists or good job security forces?.

could you please tell me which helos are stationed in karachi?

what do u mean by karachi?

@ masroor - SAR allouettes
@ mehran - Z9EC, SeaKings, ASW Allouettes
@ faisal - SAR allouettes

where does the army/rangers base their helos? - Pumas, JetRangers etc

what do u mean by karachi?

@ masroor - SAR allouettes
@ mehran - Z9EC, SeaKings, ASW Allouettes
@ faisal - SAR allouettes

where does the army/rangers base their helos? - Pumas, JetRangers etc

i meant army aviation helos as amir hussain said in his previous post. first line.

there mushaks and alouettes of army aviation @ FAISAL. of 7 composite squadron i think.,,,,no pumas.

NP:

Go to Google Earth and check out Faisal Base and you will see at least three rotary wings there--no fixed wings in sight -- but that does not mean that they are not there. That image is from Sept. 2010. I know for sure that starting March, over a period of two months, I saw at least two 412's there.

Furthermore, the image clearly shows a separate parking apron, Hanger, Admin Block, and Sentry Gates.

I hope we can now give it a rest as this stupid back and forth is becoming pointless.

Back
Top Bottom