What's new

Vietnam's export turnover projected to hit $535 bn by 2030

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
3rd Dec 2021
https://static.fibre2fashion.com/Newsresource/images/277/dreamstime-s-192267198_289318.jpg

Vietnam’s export turnover is projected to record an annual average growth of 7 per cent per year, hitting $535 billion by 2030, according to research by Standard Chartered.

Global exports are also forecast to almost double from $17.4 trillion to $29.7 trillion over the next decade, says the report, titled ‘Future of Trade 2030: Trends and markets to watch’.

The report found that 41 per cent of global businesses currently operate or plan to invest in Vietnam within the next five to 10 years. This shows that Vietnam will be one of the important motivations of global trade growth in the next 10 years, it said.

The United States and China will continue to be Vietnam's largest export markets, respectively accounting for 26 per cent and 19 per cent of the Southeast Asian country’s total export turnover by 2030, Vietnamese media reports cited the document as saying.

According to Michele Wee, chief executive officer of Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam, Vietnam’s increasing integration into the world economy through various free trade agreements (FTAs) brings it many advantages and allows it to expand its exports, move up value chains across sectors as well as create skilled jobs.

The report, prepared by PwC Singapore, is based on an analysis of historical trade data and projections until 2030, as well as insights from a survey of more than 500 senior leaders in global companies.

meanwhile Pakistanis remittance exceed its total exports

We treat our businesses as enemies. The moment they get some incentives or support the media starts shouting that rich are getting benefit while ghareeb awam is suffering. Legacy of poison Bhutto left us with.

WTF are y'all doing over there...
Last I heard y'all were exporting rice and some fish sauce?

Sound's easy how hard is it to export that? and will they make 500B plus just by exporting that?
That is their main export as of now plus footwear. Don’t know what other sectors they are targeting to get to 500 billion in the next decade. They are already at around 300 billion.

Pakistan really needs to look at their export model- and see how they can adopt and learn new ways to increase export- All these ASEAN countries were a mess 30 years ago but look at them now-- Even India was almost Bankrupt at 1990 time with only 1.5 billion USD in Reserves - but look at them now---But when i look at Pakistan they are only good at teaching how to FU**-- your economy !!!

Good news, but that's 9 years from now on.
Really hope Vietnam brands start to get more worldwide recognition, and Vietnam needs to focus more on IT and video games industry.

I think China will become the largest export market of Vietnam within several years.

WTF are y'all doing over there...
Last I heard y'all were exporting rice and some fish sauce?
We copy chinese style we want to become factory of the world.
That's alot of socks and raw materials
Socks, underwear, and everything else my friend
That is their main export as of now plus footwear. Don’t know what other sectors they are targeting to get to 500 billion in the next decade. They are already at around 300 billion.
Exports will be about $350b thanks to holiday season. There are lots of sectors, from electronics to cars we can expand into.

Back
Top Bottom