What's new

Vietnamese girl help Chinese families to honor the Chinese war dead in US-Vietnamese War

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
On the Chinese and Vietnamese Qingming Day (Tomb Sweeping Day), Vietnamese girls help the families of the Chinese fallen soliders killed in helping Vietnam fighting US in US-Vietnam war to honor and sweep the tombs of their loved ones in one of many Chinese fallen heros cemeteries all across Vietnam.
Over 300,000 Chinese troops were sent to Vietnam to help the country fighting US in the 1960's, 4000 were killed and buried in Vietnam.
Qingming Day is an old traditional holiday in both China and Vietnam on which people honor and clean the tombs of their ancestors.

I didn't know Chinese soldiers actually fought let alone died in the Vn war with usa.
I always thought Mao simply told usa to stay in South Vn & they obeyed.

I didn't know Chinese soldiers actually fought let alone died in the Vn war with usa.
Military History Online - Chinese Support for North Vietnam during the Vietnam War: The Decisive Edge

by Bob Seals

51xFF4L3BSL.jpg

Best turn it into a bigger warIm afraid you really ought to send more troops to the SouthDont be afraid of U.S. intervention, at most its no worse than having another Korean War. The Chinese army is prepared, and if America takes the risk of attacking North Vietnam, the Chinese army will march in at once. Our troops want a war now.[1]
-- Mao speaking to the North Vietnamese in 1964

So why did the powerful modern nations of France and the United States lose two wars in Vietnam to a third rate military power like North Vietnam? This is the logical question that many historians have asked and attempted to answer since the Second Vietnam War ended in April 1975 with the fall of Saigon to North Vietnamese tanks.

This Chinese military support, to include equipment, advisors and planning assistance, provided from 1949-1975, would prove in both the First and Second Indochina Wars to be decisive. This substantial military support would give the Peoples Army of Vietnam an edge to resist Western forces and eventually subjugate the Republic of South Vietnam. This support, for various reasons, has never really been acknowledged by most popular histories of the conflict. This is perhaps due to the fact that such acknowledgement of the massive Chinese military support provided challenges many cherished myths of Vietnamese Communist military brilliance and the heroic struggle against overwhelming western imperialists. Two recent histories bear this out. Case in point A Military History of China, edited by David A. Graff makes no mention of Chinese support for Vietnam while Bruce A. Ellemans Modern Chinese Warfare, 1795-1989, dismisses Chinese support in a mere two sentences.[3] However, unless this decisive Chinese support is properly understood by students of both Vietnam wars the answer to the question of why North Vietnam won will remain incomplete and misunderstood. This paper will attempt to outline the Chinese communist support in both wars and explain exactly why this support was so decisive.

China communist Party and North Vietnam power signed up agreements about PLA sent troops to Vietnam fight against American imperialist in 1965. At the same year, PLA send air defensive missile force, air defensive artillery, engineering force, railways troops, sweep mine team and shipping fleet and so on support North Vietnam. And carried on battle and supported tasks.

Chia total sent 320,000 troops to support North Vietnam until 1968 March, At the same time, China provided numerous military equipments and battle supplies. Include 170 planes, 140 ships and 500 tanks, 16000 trucks, cannon 37000, 2.16 millions guns ,bullets and shells add up to 12800 millions. In additional to these, and trained 6000 persons and technologists, through Vietnam war ,China gave an huge human power, finance, substance assistances for North Vietnam, count in supplies equality more the 20 billion dollars.

Chinese troops did not fought in the Vietnam War. They were in NVN as support, such as manning the anti-aircraft batteries and interrogators of American prisoners-of-war (POW). A few Chinese pilots faced US pilots in the air war but they were too few to make any difference. But ultimately, Chinese troops did not actually 'fight' in NVN.

Chinese troops did not fought in the Vietnam War. They were in NVN as support, such as manning the anti-aircraft batteries and interrogators of American prisoners-of-war (POW). A few Chinese pilots faced US pilots in the air war but they were too few to make any difference. But ultimately, Chinese troops did not actually 'fight' in NVN.
They shot down over 1,700 US air crafts, so they didn't fight in Vietnam?

They shot down over 1,700 US air crafts, so they didn't fight in Vietnam?
Ha ha, "1700 planes shot down", according to a source provided by the Chinese side, right? :D
Chinese soldiers were in Vietnam just to build roads, and when they saw American planes, they jumped into the tunnels. The dogs yawns on the flies, they will get a few dozen.

Ha ha, "1700 planes shot down", according to a source provided by the Chinese side, right? :D
Chinese soldiers were in Vietnam just to build roads, and when they saw American planes, they jumped into the tunnels. The dogs yawns on the flies, they will get a few dozen.
Chinese anti air craft unit in US-Vietnam war

a078dd2d6ed2427d82020a506e182d4b.jpeg

a6409eca95f14254a536eb7ce02c0226.jpeg

2257aee9405b4ea6940688e4639e0312.jpeg

73817fd1432f4ffc91d46b1c8485449b.jpeg

a25c57a7b1c64bb6abb19483a44dda7b.jpeg

a6f63e0baebe4474a6b4a2c7b986c536.jpeg

e0946069a57a41b8bc54faff0e952f76.jpeg

d6ab7db20692429ca18ffe3db5debbd2.jpeg

f75719c99f624a1a86b394955c120cdb.jpeg

52fc879025de4260a43c4cd160115d64.jpeg

60ca90c702e94b25b566596ac526e941.jpeg

Last edited:
You typical ungrateful treacherous Vietnamese, you people deserve to be the Yankee and French slaves. China should never helped you Viets in those your independence wars. Never again in the future !

Last edited:

Another obvious candidate for the cesspool so I do not waste time

The Chinese manned the anti aircraft gun in north and near south so that more NV soldiers can fight in south. Their job is equally dangerous as Vietcong fighting against American soldiers.

I don't think any crossed into the South. They were killed by US bombing runs in the North.

What chinese did in Vietnam war is here, 1972 in Peking ...

1650029913650.png

Back
Top Bottom