What's new

Vietnamese craft beers make splash in Japan, Singapore

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam

https%253A%252F%252Fcms-image-bucket-production-ap-northeast-1-a7d2.s3.ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fimages%252F0%252F7%252F4%252F6%252F46326470-8-eng-GB%252FCropped-1691083975N%2520Pasteur%2520Street%2520Brewing.jpg

Pasteur Street Brewing, known for using local fruits and spices along with its colorful cans, is credited with igniting Vietnam's craft beer craze. (Photo by Sadayasu Senju)

(Nikkei Asia) — Fruity, spicy Vietnamese craft beers are making fans in other countries including Japan, bringing different tastes from a nation known for lagers.

Colorful cans from Vietnam’s Pasteur Street Brewing stand out among the extensive offerings at Tasting Bar Shibataya in Tokyo.

“These are crisp and perfect for the hot and humid weather in Japan right now,” said Daigo Honbu, a manager at the bar’s operating company.

IPA (India Pale Ale) started to be produced in the UK in the early-1800s for export "to India" (as a lightly hopped malt beer with lighter coloring) and the drinking populace there.

It was not invented in India, nor were produced there (to my knowledge) earlier than in the recent revival of IPA worldwide.

As I am not a beer-drinker (except non-Alcoholic stuff like Beck's Blue and Heineken zero-zero) - take my comments with a grain of salt. But the history of IPA production is fascinating nonetheless. Not familiar with Vietnamese IPA beers ("Bia") or how they taste compared to say Michelob or Heineken in the US. Flavored IPAs like these Vietnamese beers are also relatively new on the beer scene.

Back
Top Bottom