What's new

Vietnam’s People’s Army to turn into regular and elite force

@ All Chinese trolls

The only reason u "won" 62 war was because indian army was unsuspecting, unprepared, unequipped and outnumbered 8:1.

The China-India Border War
Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Repeat it again and see what happens.

I'll give u a hint: Pakistan humiliated us in 65. They tried it again in 71 and u know what happened? we broke their country

Indian military is good at learning from its mistakes

The Indian government's revisionist history of the 62 war is something, a communist state could never achieve.

The Indian government's revisionist history of the 62 war is something, a communist state could never achieve.

Not only a communist state ,but any state can't do so , as the Indian history of 62 war is not made public.

Not only a communist state ,but any state can't do so , as the Indian history of 62 war is not made public.

Conformity is enforced through supervision and violence in a communist state, the revisionist history in India is embraced with open arms and tears of joy.

Tell me which one is scarier?

Conformity is enforced through supervision and violence in a communist state, the revisionist history in India is embraced with open arms and tears of joy.

I think you are confusing us with your all weather ally.
And by the looks of it, the comrades here don't even need to be born in mainland to behave like autobots.

First show me where revisionist history is embraced in India.

First show me where revisionist history is embraced in India.

scroll up.

@ All Chinese trolls

The only reason u "won" 62 war was because indian army was unsuspecting, unprepared, unequipped and outnumbered 8:1.

You'll get more of it if you ask him about the causes of the war. And not to mention all the revisionism over the Aryan invasion theory. One can write volumes about the culture behind denial.

scroll up.
You'll get more of it if you ask him about the causes of the war. And not to mention all the revisionism over the Aryan invasion theory.

So should we equate some your Chinese members idiosyncratic notions to being a product of nation's history revisionism?

Besides , Aryan invasion theory even today , despite genetic studies and research remains a conjecture. There is not universal consent on one particular theory.

So should we equate some your Chinese members idiosyncratic notions to being a product of nation's history revisionism?

Well yes (not going to name names). There is still much that is unexamined in Chinese history, the CCP won't allow it. But I rather have that as an obstacle than smug blindness.

Besides , Aryan invasion theory even today , despite genetic studies and research remains a conjecture. There is not universal consent on one particular theory.

Yep, the two theories are equal in the same sense, intelligent design and evolution are equal theories. No revisionism based on nationalistic ulterior motives at all.

You'll get more of it if you ask him about the causes of the war. And not to mention all the revisionism over the Aryan invasion theory. One can write volumes about the culture behind denial.

I guess we should assume HongWu's antics to be the prevailing tendencies in chinese masses as well

Yep, the two theories are equal in the same sense, intelligent design and evolution are equal theories. No revisionism based on nationalistic ulterior motives at all.

If i am sensing sarcasm here , let me inform you you"re a bit late to this topic.

refer the posts Joe speaks of in this post

I really don't know why people jump into such complicated problems with not the slightest background or information regarding the problem. This is a debate that has been going on for more than 200 years, and there are several current versions of the historiography of India under vigorous promotion by supporters of different points of view. Be aware that what has been projected here and ascribed to Rajiv Malhotra is the standard Hindutvavadi+Sangh Parivar+BJP line, complete biased nonsense which deserves no encouragement or air space. I am appalled that this should be dragged out and displayed again and again, with no effort at learning the background of these theories. For a very brief background, read my summary note, post 151, in the thread "Battle of the Hydaspes", which contains some salient points about the discussion in extremely abbreviated form. None of what I have written should be interpreted as an endorsement of
  1. The Aryan Invasion of India theory, which is no longer considered sound;
  2. The origin in India theory, which is a concoction;
  3. A denial of the findings of some of the genetic studies, which have shown that the south Asian population has been remarkably stable, since 40,000 BC or so.
The picture that has emerged is complex, and not reducible to a few formulaic statements. Please consider these matters in their totality and do not allow yourselves to be sucked into controversies without understanding the context.[/QUOTE]"]
I really don't know why people jump into such complicated problems with not the slightest background or information regarding the problem. This is a debate that has been going on for more than 200 years, and there are several current versions of the historiography of India under vigorous promotion by supporters of different points of view. Be aware that what has been projected here and ascribed to Rajiv Malhotra is the standard Hindutvavadi+Sangh Parivar+BJP line, complete biased nonsense which deserves no encouragement or air space. I am appalled that this should be dragged out and displayed again and again, with no effort at learning the background of these theories. For a very brief background, read my summary note, post 151, in the thread "Battle of the Hydaspes", which contains some salient points about the discussion in extremely abbreviated form. None of what I have written should be interpreted as an endorsement of
  1. The Aryan Invasion of India theory, which is no longer considered sound;
  2. The origin in India theory, which is a concoction;
  3. A denial of the findings of some of the genetic studies, which have shown that the south Asian population has been remarkably stable, since 40,000 BC or so.
The picture that has emerged is complex, and not reducible to a few formulaic statements. Please consider these matters in their totality and do not allow yourselves to be sucked into controversies without understanding the context.

If i am sensing sarcasm here , let me inform you you"re a bit late to this topic.

refer the posts Joe speaks of in this post

Thanks, always nice to read what Joe has to say on various subjects but this is what I was referring to as the culture of denial. This is about revisionism remember?

Be aware that what has been projected here and ascribed to Rajiv Malhotra is the standard Hindutvavadi+Sangh Parivar+BJP line, complete biased nonsense which deserves no encouragement or air space. I am appalled that this should be dragged out and displayed again and again, with no effort at learning the background of these theories.

Thanks

This is what I was referring to as the culture of denial. This is about revisionism remember?

I'm not denying there are elements who attempt take political advantage of this conjecture and people's ignorance of it.

But equating such elements to nation's history revisionism is pure ignorance .

Does Indian Govt have a specific stand on this Aryan debate?

Is there a specific version of Aryan theory being propagated in the school textbooks?

When i studied , there was no consensus on single point of wht happened Indus valley civilization,

Recently when i tutored some school kids , even state syllabus included the same ambiguity.

Besides , can we equate this:Outrage as China lays claim to Genghis Khan to Chinese Govt's history revisionism?

I'm not denying there are elements who attempt take political advantage of this conjecture and people's ignorance of it.

But equating such elements to nation's history revisionism is pure ignorance .

Does Indian Govt have a specific stand on this Aryan debate?

Is there a specific version of Aryan theory being propagated in the school textbooks?

When i studied , there was no consensus on single point of wht happened Indus valley civilization,

Recently when i tutored some school kids , even state syllabus included the same ambiguity.

I regret stepping on this landmine of linguistic controversy, my foreknowledge extended to there being a whole lot of natioanlism and irrationality surrounding the topic (something I don't think you'd deny), but I stand by my point about revisionism in India. In fact I said precisely that a official governmental stance is not necessary in encouraging this kind of revisionism when your intelligentsia is more than happy to propagate glorious revisionism in all different varieties.

All the government needs to do in that case, is to be "ambiguous" and keep hard facts out of the debate and they are doing so handily in the case of the 62 war by refusing to release the Henderson Brooks-Bhagat report.

Besides , can we equate this:Outrage as China lays claim to Genghis Khan to Chinese Govt's history revisionism?

I've told you yes, the government is lying and distorting history. You're not going to catch me out in an awkward spot. Genghis Khan did not found a Chinese Dynasty it founded a Mongol dynasty that encompassed China. The same as I said above

Well yes (not going to name names). There is still much that is unexamined in Chinese history, the CCP won't allow it. But I rather have that as an obstacle than smug blindness.

Back
Top Bottom