What's new

Vietnam in talks with Iran for $1.2B oil contract

redfox

Reaction score
Vietnam in talks with Iran for $1.2B oil contract
Source: Mehr News Agency, Tehran
A domestic consortium and Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) may sign a $1.2 billion worth of contract for developing the third phase of Darkhovin oilfield in southwest Iran, the managing director of Iran's Petroleum Engineering and Development Company, Naji Sa'douni, said in Tehran on Saturday.

It is expected that the development contract would be signed within the next two months.

The second development phase of Darkhovin oilfield officially came on stream on February 8.

The oilfield's second phase came on stream at the cost of $1.3 billion and will increase the field's production capacity from 50,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 160,000 bpd. Some 280 million cubic feet of natural gas will also be produced in the field.

By completion of the field's third phase, Darkhovin's production capacity will reach 200,000 barrels per day in five years.

The first phase of Darkhovin development plan had come on stream in 2005.

The first two phases of Darkhovin oilfield, located near the Iraqi border, was jointly developed by Italy's oil and gas group Eni and Iran's Naftiran Intertrade Company (NICO).

... Payvand News - 02/13/11 ... --

Wow, could this be seen as a slap to the face of the U.S.? Saying as how the U.S. is supposedly on "good terms" with Vietnam, helping them in the nuclear field. :what:

Wow, could this be seen as a slap to the face of the U.S.? Saying as how the U.S. is supposedly on "good terms" with Vietnam, helping them in the nuclear field. :what:

In light of money, Vietnam shall see no enemy and no land to far to be reached. A lesson, learned directly from the US. She can only grow as time will mature.

In light of money, Vietnam shall see no enemy and no land to far to be reached. A lesson, learned directly from the US. She can only grow as time will mature.

Heh another competitor in the race for resources.

Heh another competitor in the race for resources.

Small potato compare to China. But I do hope China and Vietnam can settle their differences. Mutual relationship can only go to benefit everyone in the region.

Small potato compare to China. But I do hope China and Vietnam can settle their differences. Mutual relationship can only go to benefit everyone in the region.

Or perhaps the U.S. will run sanctions on Vietnam again, due to this outrage. You know how it is... anyone disagree with them they get the entire United Nations to turn their backs on you. Something tells me that game is slowly ending. Nations are tired of playing it. Third world countries getting tired of being used like puppets and told what to do.

Or perhaps the U.S. will run sanctions on Vietnam again, due to this outrage. You know how it is... anyone disagree with them they get the entire United Nations to turn their backs on you. Something tells me that game is slowly ending. Nations are tired of playing it. Third world countries getting tired of being used like puppets and told what to do.
PetroVietnam is even present in Central and South America, Russia, and..............Africa.

Hopefully Vietnam will not have to shamefully import the capital goods necessary for this excavation from a certain large neighbor to the north.

Japan imports oil from Iran, and the US never complained about it.

He was taking a jab at you. lol, don't take it too seriously.
lol, I know, but I try to get why he thinks importing $1 usd of machine to gain another $10 usd of profit is something that is a laugh at.

And at this moment, nobody knows what kind of machinery and equipment that PetroVietnam has been using yet.

I'm serious. The capital goods such as ships and drills needed are quite expensive. Can vietnam produce them? Don't think so. Must be imported shamefully.

I'm serious. The capital goods such as ships and drills needed are quite expensive. Can vietnam produce them? Don't think so. Must be imported shamefully.
Floating Offshore Storage we can build them, Oil Rigs we can build them, Drills I don't know.

It used to be that Vietnam could not even make a bicycle but now we can build something heavy like Oil rig that can cost hundred of million of usd, 5-axis CNC machinery. I'm hoping in the near future we can build stuff like turbine for powerplant, we have been importing this thing for so long now.

Floating Offshore Storage we can build them, Oil Rigs we can build them, Drills I don't know.

It used to be that Vietnam could not even make a bicycle but now we can build something heavy like Oil rig that can cost hundred of million of usd, 5-axis CNC machinery. I'm hoping in the near future we can build stuff like turbine for powerplant, we have been importing this thing for so long now.

It's great that Vietnam is improving. It's always better to make your own, than to buy from outsiders, even if yours is worse and it costs more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom