Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam

The news from May
Congrats to Wuling
Why China has so many carmakers?

The cars will be made/assembled by Vietnam’s TMT Motors. Capacity: 30,000 per year in the first then 60,000 in the second phase.

1691342219557.png

TMT Motors debuts its mini electric vehicle under Chinese brand Wuling HongGuang in Hung Yen province, northern Vietnam on May 24, 2023. Photo courtesy of TMT Motors.

1691342164753.png

1691342187340.png

The news from May
Congrats to Wuling
Why China has so many carmakers?

The cars will be made/assembled by Vietnam’s TMT Motors. Capacity: 30,000 per year in the first then 60,000 in the second phase.

View attachment 944071

TMT Motors debuts its mini electric vehicle under Chinese brand Wuling HongGuang in Hung Yen province, northern Vietnam on May 24, 2023. Photo courtesy of TMT Motors.

View attachment 944069

View attachment 944070

There are now 155 Chinese brands of EV companies surviving in the Chinese market. Among them, there are 24 large EV companies in the first class.

In 2023, these brands will produce and consume 9 million Chinese brand new energy vehicles in the Chinese market.

IMG_2023-08-07_02-20-43.jpeg

IMG_2023-08-07_02-21-12.jpeg

IMG_2023-08-07_02-21-17.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s way too much. I think 10y from now only 5 will survive.

There are indeed too many. I think a lot of small EV companies will be finished after this price war.

But the 24 EV companies in the first class (valued at 10 billion CNY or more) won't be doomed, they will eat up the small EV companies that have been eliminated and then become stronger.

There are indeed too many. I think a lot of small EV companies will be finished after this price war.

But the 24 EV companies in the first class (valued at 10 billion CNY or more) won't be doomed, they will eat up the small EV companies that have been eliminated and then become stronger.
24 would mean more than carmakers in the US, Japan, Germany and France combined. Unrealistic. I think big will eat small. Many will disappear or merge into bigger companies.

24 would mean more than carmakers in the US, Japan, Germany and France combined. Unrealistic. I think big will eat small. Many will disappear or merge into bigger companies.

Only five left?

BYD, Wuling, Chery, AION, Xiaopeng, CHANGAN, Geely, Nezha, Li Auto, NIO, Roewe, Great Wall Motor, Leapmotor and so on. May I ask which companies do you think will be finished?

Only five left?

BYD, Wuling, Chery, AION, Xiaopeng, CHANGAN, Geely, Nezha, Li Auto, NIO, Roewe, Great Wall Motor, Leapmotor and so on. May I ask which companies do you think will be finished?
Byd and NIo would stay. I don’t know about other to tell. Could be something like the concern VW with multiple brands under one roof:
VW, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bently, Skoda, Ducati, Cupra and Seat.

Back
Top Bottom