What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Supply vs. Demand i.e. High School economics.. As long there are no cars fuelled by water, we will do fine..:-)

in case you missed your high school or still waiting to qualify- Supply and Demand terms applies when there is already a formal agreement- a contract- Signed Document- Legal Value- :dirol:

we want a new long range supersonic missiles for our su-30. currently our air-to-surface missile Kh-31A has a range of 50km.
supply is not necessarily free, but we only need some dozens, enough to sink the south sea fleet.
kh-31_VEWP.jpg

that must be Chinese fleet you are talking about-
Well make no mistake even the country selling you this missile cannot do that-
you dream high- aim up- cant blame you- you fought against the amrikans with the same resolve- its a pity you became what your brethren fought against- amrikans and its ally's proxy against china-

in case you missed your high school or still waiting to qualify- Supply and Demand terms applies when there is already a formal agreement- a contract- Signed Document- Legal Value- :dirol:

you dream high- aim up- cant blame you- you fought against the amrikans with the same resolve- its a pity you became what your brethren fought against- amrikans and its ally's proxy against china-

No you high school dropout.. there is an tender floated and invitation of expression of interest, negotiation, and then execution of the contract i.e. signed document. There is a demand from Vietnam, and we are willing to supply thats all..

yes, it is all about having deterrence, my friend.
chinese surface fleet should think twice before they start something stupid in the south china sea.

before talking this much crap u should remember how 3 of your countrys naval ships were sunk in the opening day of assault by IN, and the submarine which u people regarded as the pride of PN. u had American built vessels at that time but think about the chinese, all that they have is 'made in china' maal :omghaha::D

logo.jpg

Sunday 14 September 2014
India plans to supply Vietnam BrahMos missiles

I.jpg.ashx

Ahead of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s maiden visit to India, New Delhi on Friday sent out a strong message about its desire to play a greater role in regional security in South-East Asia, making public its plan to supply BrahMos cruise missiles to Vietnam.

With President Pranab Mukherjee set to leave for a four-day visit to Vietnam on Sunday, New Delhi confirmed that it was in talks with Hanoi for supply of BrahMos missiles to the South East Asian country, which was locked in a territorial dispute with China.

Briefing mediapersons about Mukherjee’s forthcoming visit to Vietnam, Anil Wadhwa, the secretary (east) of the Ministry of External Affairs, said that defence officials of New Delhi and Hanoi were discussing a proposal for supply of BrahMos missiles to Vietnam.

Wadhwa declined to provide details about the progress in India’s talks with Vietnam. Sources, however, told Deccan Herald that the talks were in an advanced stage and Moscow had already informally given its nod to New Delhi for supply of the missiles to the South-East Asian country.

New Delhi had to obtain Moscow’s nod as the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles are produced by a joint venture of Defence Research and Development Organisation and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroeyenia.

Several countries like Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia and Malaysia evinced interest in importing the BrahMos. Sources, however, said that Vietnam could be the first country to have a deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited for import of the missiles.

Moscow and Hanoi have also been discussing about a proposal for a joint programme for developing a missile system in Vietnam based on the Kh-35 Uran of Russia.

The negotiations, however, could not make much headway, although Hanoi has of late been keen to strengthen its arsenal to address its immediate security concerns, arising out of its escalating tension with Beijing over conflicting territorial claims in the waters of South China Sea. During the visit of general secretary of Vietnam Communist Party, Nguyen Phu Trong, to India in November 2013, Hanoi proposed negotiations with New Delhi for supply of the BrahMos missiles.

New Delhi also offered Hanoi a credit line worth about $100 million to procure military hardware from India. The discussion on the modalities for implementation of the credit line is expected to get a fillip during Mukherjee’s visit to Hanoi.
Well China would love to provide us with long range cruise missiles and also many other countries India is messing with wrong country

before talking this much crap u should remember how 3 of your countrys naval ships were sunk in the opening day of assault by IN, and the submarine which u people regarded as the pride of PN. u had American built vessels at that time but think about the chinese, all that they have is 'made in china' maal :omghaha::D
That made in China is far more advanced than what you have and its you who lost the Frigate by our hands

yes, it is all about having deterrence, my friend.
chinese surface fleet should think twice before they start something stupid in the south china sea.

It is not going to work as you don't have your own systematic ecosystem, just look what happened to Saddam Hussein's army in 1990. They were more mechanized than yours.

If the US army still fought like the 1970s, then it would take a considerable amount of casualty even they won the first Gulf War.

However, the modern warfare has evolved by the end of the Cold War, the US army was the first who started the ground breaking systematic integration warfare.

China has also heavily focused on the systematic modern warfare since the 1990s, while you guys still live in the past warfare by believing to deliver a lethal blow to China with only one or two individual weapons.

I wonder if our india friend exports brahmos air launched version?

We want to equip the su-30 with the missiles. The time will come in one day for hunting big fishes in the south china sea :D

The Brahmos is too heavy for the SU-30, its necessary to do structural modifications in the aircraft in order to fit one, (the type of modifications that get done when the aircraft is being made).

Brahmos M will be ok, can fit 3 in one SU-30.

we want a new long range supersonic missiles for our su-30. currently our air-to-surface missile Kh-31A has a range of 50km.
supply is not necessarily free, but we only need some dozens, enough to sink the south sea fleet.
kh-31_VEWP.jpg

That's the original version, there are other variants that VN already have that have far greater range. KH-31PD has a range of up to 250 km.

Last edited:
It is not going to work as you don't have your own systematic ecosystem, just look what happened to Saddam Hussein's army in 1990. They were more mechanized than yours.

If the US army still fought like the 1970s, then it would take a considerable amount of casualty even they won the first Gulf War.

However, the modern warfare has evolved by the end of the Cold War, the US army was the first who started the ground breaking systematic integration warfare.

China has also heavily focused on the systematic modern warfare since the 1990s, while you guys still live in the past warfare by believing to deliver a lethal blow to China with only one or two individual weapons.
How are you so certain that we don't possess this so-called ecosystem? You seem to underestimate our capability: our intelligence in warfare!

@Zarvan nothing is wrong about Vietnam bought Brahmos from India

we are (Indonesia) interesting in Brahmos too and even we had consider to bought some frigate from India if they can competing with some European firms for the next phase of modernization project in Indonesia, nothing problems with that you can bought weapons from everyone if it deemed necessary, is all about National interest.

The Brahmos is too heavy for the SU-30, its necessary to do structural modifications in the aircraft in order to fit one, (the type of modifications that get done when the aircraft is being made).

Brahmos M will be ok, can fit 3 in one SU-30.

That's the original version, there are other variants that VN already have that have far greater range. KH-31PD has a range of up to 250 km.
He he he...yes, bro...I read from a report the airforce wants to replace the short range air launched antiship missile by the brahmos.

What is your accessment, do you think the brahmos m version fits our need? I read each unit costs a million of usd, so I think we will just order some dozens, if any.

How are you so certain that we don't possess this so-called ecosystem? You seem to underestimate our capability: our intelligence in warfare!

What means ecosystem?

It is your own navigation system, your own data link satellite, your own production line, and everything.

It is a huge value chain ecosystem, and Vietnam for sure doesn't possess that.

Any fundamental difference between the modern Vietnamese military and Saddam's Iraqi army? Practically none.

Last edited:
He he he...yes, bro...I read from a report the airforce wants to replace the short range air launched antiship missile by the brahmos.

What is your accessment, do you think the brahmos m version fits our need? I read each unit costs a million of usd, so I think we will just order some dozens, if any.

The Brahmos M is even faster than the standard Brahmos, mach 3.5 for Brahmos M and mach 2.8 for standard Brahmos. Brahmos M is the very best that VN can get.

As far as I know Brahmos is about $3 million, I don't know about Brahmos M.
That price is not expensive, Exocet is $5 million. KH-35 is $1.8 million.

Somehow chinesetiger1986 obtained a crystal ball and he happens to know everything that's going in the VPA, he is actually quite wrong but I don't feel like wasting time, time to sleep.

Last edited:
Somehow chinesetiger1986 obtained a crystal ball and he happens to know everything that's going in the VPA, he is actually quite wrong but I don't feel like wasting time, time to sleep.

The systematic ecosystem was built up by a huge value chain with trillion of assets, and this is something impossible to be acquired by a country like Vietnam.

Take China's nuclear arsenal as an ecosystem for example. Our nuclear ecosystem is not only made by the nukes and missiles, but also with a huge asset worth over trillion.

- In order to cover the vulnerability of our ground ICBM troops against the US pre-emptive strike, we have spent 30 years to dig a 5000km tunnel under the mountains. It includes practically everything inside: the highway, the railway, the underground nuclear facilities. It costs us over trillion dollars to build a such architectural marvel.

- In order for us to have the early warning time against the US nuclear missiles, we have built up our own infrared satellite group. This will allow us to notice immediately the ballistic missile from any country around the world; its direction/trajectory, the type of warhead carrying by the missiles. This is again trillion of assets on the space.

These are only few examples, and do you think this systematic military race is something that Vietnam could afford?

Back
Top Bottom