What's new

video games 1990s

In modern gaming there were 2 games i distinctly remember which used real weaponry. I think they were released in early 2000's.

REAL WAR. The game had F-14, F-15. F-16 and other combat aircrafts like F-117. It had army navy and air force. it also had a deployable aircraft carrier with choice of aircraft on it.

WW3: Black Gold. This was again a strategy and tactics game with R&D. Real units like Leclerc, M1A1, T-80. T-72, BTR-80 etc and AH-1, AH-64, Gazelle and Mi-8 etc. There was no infantry in this game, just defensive structures

WAR INC, was a dos based game, but it was one of the first games which had R&D and combat in field. Story line was modern for its day too.

One of the first FPS games was Delta Force. It was real deal at its time along with NFS. Later MOHAA took over.

Games which were set in old times like medieval era, the most famous ones were:

AGE OF EMPIRES

Heroes of might and Magic

There was a game CIVILIZATION, which started from old age to modern age.

City building games were

CAESAR III

SIM CITY and SIM CITY 3000

The SIMS

NFS-3 HOT PURSUIT 1998

ROAD RASH , Motor bike racing on SEGA

DRIVER

Ofcourse the ever famous CnC Red ALert

and related, Tiberium sun

@Imran Khan

You didnt mention the 1980's. Anyways, Back in 1986-87 in Pakistan, we had a computer in the family, COMMODORE 64.

The choice of games was very less but the family still enjoyed

If you remember a DOS system was used and we had to learn how to go into drives and search and locate a file and then execute it. I still remember I wrote down the commands and searched for required executable file.

Later the windows took over and made life much easier.

NFS-3 HOT PURSUIT 1998

ROAD RASH , Motor bike racing on SEGA

DRIVER

and related, Tiberium sun

@Imran Khan

You didnt mention the 1980's. Anyways, Back in 1986-87 in Pakistan, we had a computer in the family, COMMODORE 64.

The choice of games was very less but the family still enjoyed

If you remember a DOS system was used and we had to learn how to go into drives and search and locate a file and then execute it. I still remember I wrote down the commands and searched for required executable file.

Later the windows took over and made life much easier.
same here when i start using inter i have a dairy i note commands and settings :enjoy:

In modern gaming there were 2 games i distinctly remember which used real weaponry. I think they were released in early 2000's.

REAL WAR. The game had F-14, F-15. F-16 and other combat aircrafts like F-117. It had army navy and air force. it also had a deployable aircraft carrier with choice of aircraft on it.

WW3: Black Gold. This was again a strategy and tactics game with R&D. Real units like Leclerc, M1A1, T-80. T-72, BTR-80 etc and AH-1, AH-64, Gazelle and Mi-8 etc. There was no infantry in this game, just defensive structures

WAR INC, was a dos based game, but it was one of the first games which had R&D and combat in field. Story line was modern for its day too.

One of the first FPS games was Delta Force. It was real deal at its time along with NFS. Later MOHAA took over.

I played REAL WAR, that was one good game, I sunked US carrier once and I was doomed :D

How can we forget Project IGI....
Jones-Project-IGI-video-game.jpg

Need For Speed was awesome! Trying to outdo your friends with the best lap time by driving like an insane maniac!! LOL!!!!!!!

Don't forget the Red Alert intro that introduced everybody to the "Hell March" tune!!!

There were good simulators back then - F16/F15 then during the commodore/amstrad era - airwolf was good. We used the parallel ports to hook up two pcs' to fight against the other.

There were good simulators back then - F16/F15 then during the commodore/amstrad era - airwolf was good. We used the parallel ports to hook up two pcs' to fight against the other.

yep, this guy and I at work had a cord running across the floor to play Falcon 3.0.

yep, this guy and I at work had a cord running across the floor to play Falcon 3.0.
Yes, that was the game!. You made me remember. Loved it.
I have yet to find a good flight sim; the others are too complex and not worth the time and effort.
Suggestions? Even with PS3/4 did not see a flight sim yet.

Yes, that was the game!. You made me remember. Loved it.
I have yet to find a good flight sim; the others are too complex and not worth the time and effort.
Suggestions? Even with PS3/4 did not see a flight sim yet.

Lol! Falcon made you learn what BVR was all about. I don’t think we ever saw each other. Once we had long range missile lock we fired and took evasive maneuvers to see who ended up not getting blasted out of the sky. Lol!! I guess you learn first hand how stealth can help immensely. Just a few seconds is all it takes.

Oh I’m out of the loop now with games. Can’t be much help.

Certainly in the early 90’s when games started becoming connected together allowing multiplayer things really took off. At work they had these long cords for LapLink to backup machines. We then realized Falcon could be played with two machines using these cords and wow did we put it to good use! Lol!!! Then when games had server connection support we put that to good use too! Haha!!

So popular early games of the 1990’s for me
were NetTrek, Wolf3D, Spear of Destiny, Doom, Duke Nukem, Falcon, Turok, Dark Forces, Heretic, Command&Conquer, Need for Speed, Age of Empires, MechWarrior, Quake, Tribes, Unreal,

Last edited:
Contra
Snow bros
Cadillac and dinosaurs
King of Fighters
Street Fighter
Metal Slug
taken
Mario

35531841_2092456320782732_1435266040396251136_n.jpg

Bhai kya bachpan ki yaad dilated de apnay, kya pyaray din hotay thay woh.

What a childhood memory. Any one know the name of the game where you have to get fresh ammunition as per 6 keys, I think it was contra but don’t know the which part ??

Did you played Duke Nukem 3D?

How many played this one?

@Imran Khan @Signalian @lastofthepatriots @Lucky Breeze @KAL-EL @Suff Shikan @Tanveer666 @Rusty @Zibago @Kashmiri Pandit @dsr478 @Asimz @Bilal. @tps77 @Fledgingwings @Green Arrow @On the Edge @Basel

:raise: I grew up on all these games. If you guys are suffering from gaming nostalgia lol. :cray: Then the best thing to do is download an emulator for your computer. :enjoy: Next do a search for a game controller app and as long as your game controller can connect to your computer then you're good to go. For example; you can use a PS3 controller because it has a USB port. If all else fails, you could just YOUTUBE the whole process. :smart:

I modded my PS3 over 5 years ago and downloaded an emulator on it. I have almost every single NES; SNES; SEGA, & SEGA GENESIS game ever made. Over 3,000 games that only take up around 5 GB's of space! These games can easily be played with the bare minimum computer specs because they're so old, so don't worry if your computer is old too. Unless you have a wack @$$ eMachine. :hitwall:

no sir it was adventure game with nice graphics, where you had to overcome various obstacles coming from the right,

Back
Top Bottom