What's new

VIDEO: Akash Missile Salvo and Ripple Firing Trials

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score

aksah_missile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, brilliant surface to air missile. Capabilities are more than exceptional. Hope this missile advances, and does well on the global defense market. Just goes to show what indigenous Indian production is capable of. Brilliant video, probably one of the best I've seen of missile interception.

We do not know if Akash is capable because the target it uses only flys 0.65 mach....

Plus 3 out of 4 missile test have failed even when the target Akash is using only flys at 0.65 mach.

@punjabimunda

Yes, it does.

Plus 3 out of 4 missile test have failed even when the target Akash is using only flys at 0.65 mach.

@punjabimunda

Yes, it does.

no it doesnt and can u prove that 3/4 tests fave failed loll. i heard only 1 missile fell down due to some technical problems.

@punjabimunda

Yes, it does.

With the number of PAF crashes we are seeing in last 6 months, India probably doesnt even need a SAM.. Most of your planes will crash before they reach our airspace any way... Ha Ha

@punjabimunda

3/4 test have failed

2 due to tech problems, the other one 1 akash missile didn't take off but the two other did.

@Abhijit

All Indians planes don't even reach our airspace after 5 minutes they are down

@rashtriya

I was just saying what credibility DRDO has after lying to Indians maybe your feelings have gotten hurt

@punjabimunda

Yes, it does.

What a liar ................last week 6 missiles were test fired ..............one missile did miss the target , another one did not get launched properly..........4 missiles hit the target.....

The SAMs all over the world are tested the same way.......I don't know how Pakistan tests them.......

And no fighter aircraft flies above mach speed when maneuvering with all the load under its belly which include missiles, bombs, drop tanks........ even a clean fighter plane could not fly with turns and maneuvers above mach speed..........unless ofcourse the PAF plans to send their F 16 and JF 17 s flying supersonic without any load in a straight line .........in that case also Akash can take on them because it flies at 2.5-3 mach speed with 18 Gs ....

So .........First learn about how SAM's work and how are they tested?

:no:

@punjabimunda

3/4 test have failed

2 due to tech problems, the other one 1 akash missile didn't take off but the two other did.

@Abhijit

All Indians planes don't even reach our airspace after 5 minutes they are down

@rashtriya

I was just saying what credibility DRDO has after lying to Indians maybe your feelings have gotten hurt
only one test failed after that we had a successfull test.

SAM of such classes are tested like this only against uavs flying at. .6mac but as discussed earlier they have much less rcs than a plane and u can't use a plane to test a missile I wonder wat happens in Pakistan.....

@punjabimunda

Yes, it does.

Dude only one taste was failed ( that's also only one missile of two) which is very normal that's why test are done to make it perfect. And as it is discussed b4 that all air forces in world test their SAM against subsonic target only. For your information Akash had a ramjet engine which give mac 2.5+ speed in entire flight which can beat any war plain.

also Laksh is very similar to your babur in RCA

General characteristics
Length: 2.385 m (7 ft 10 in)
Wingspan: 5 m (16 ft 5 in)
Wing area: 2.27 m2 (24.4 sq ft)
Airfoil: NACA 64 A 008
Max takeoff weight: 705 kg (1,554 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × HAL PTAE-7 turbojet, 3.73 kN (840 lbf) thrust
Performance
Maximum speed: Mach 0.7
Range: 150 km (93 mi; 81 nmi)
Service ceiling: 9,000 m (29,528 ft)
:::5,000 metres (16,404 ft) with towed target
Rate of climb: 25 m/s (4,900 ft/min)

BABUR (Haft VII)

General characteristics
Length 6.25 m (7 m with booster)
Diameter 0.52 m
Warhead Conventional or nuclear
Engine Turbofan
(Solid-fuel rocket booster during launch)
Wingspan 2.67 m
Propellant Solid fuel (booster rocket)
Liquid fuel (jet engine)
Operational
range 700 km[1]
Speed 880 km/h or 550 mph (Mach 0.8)

So it can also intercept subsonic missiles also

@Vasily Zaytsev

Nice post! You are talking about planes but what if PAF decides to send ballistic missiles or cruise missiles? Will Akash be able to take on that? You are saying that Akash speed 2.5 mach but what about target speed? It only matters on target speed buddy and right now you are testing on a 0.65 mach target which is really bad.

Even if PAF does send JF-17/F-16 will they be carrying oil tankers that they will be flying so slow? Haha... Least fast they could go with with missiles is 1 mach, more than what speed your target is flying!

@Vasily Zaytsev

Nice post! You are talking about planes but what if PAF decides to send ballistic missiles or cruise missiles? Will Akash be able to take on that? You are saying that Akash speed 2.5 mach but what about target speed? It only matters on target speed buddy and right now you are testing on a 0.65 mach target which is really bad.

Even if PAF does send JF-17/F-16 will they be carrying oil tankers that they will be flying so slow? Haha... Least fast they could go with with missiles is 1 mach, more than what speed your target is flying!

DO you know the difference between SAM and BMD ...............you know nothing ........zilch........

nutcase.............Target speed is the speed of F16 and JF17 ............what is the speed of F16 and JF17 ......? and at what G s?

And what is the size of the target compared to F 16?

madarassa Physics at work I guess?

Back
Top Bottom