What's new

Vegetarians live longer, study says

well if you ask eskimos or people in greenland and iceland to grow vegetables in that cold enviorment it will be a bit too much for them i guess as the design of the cold weather has to be neutralized by the meat they have,on the other hand people living in the hot tropical reigons are better off with fruits,so whatever food you find in your nearby enviorment is what is actually suited best for you,asking an eskimo to eat cold yougurt everymorning wont mean that he will really benefit from that maybe a person in a tropical summer country like these regions would find cold yougrt as a benefical breakfast,till then enjoy whatever you have im going for some shkeeh kabab with onions and nan soon absolute bliss and for the vegans mango lassi with some good ghee cooked parathas will do loads of good,cheers everyone.

ama_preventive_oralhealth_lev20_theteeth_01.jpeg

Here you see the Canine teeth, They are there as part of evolution (Or God creation) for the sole purpose of chewing on meat. Humans are Omnivores by nature and it is the reason why we came on the top of the food chain and won the evolution game (Or created by God to be the best whatever you believe).

Thus vegetarians are a danger to our entire species and may cause Humanities extension.... I hope you are proud of yourselves veggies.... :angry:

Khan tu bhi ! :angry:

How can a race of people who produce magic in Peshawar's Namak Mandi produce a Ghaaas-Khor Pashtun ! :hitwall:
I'm not a vegetarian anymore, went to Lahore last year, never thought of vegies ever again after smelling and tasting all that non veg lahori food :lol:

Here you see the Canine teeth, They are there as part of evolution (Or God creation) for the sole purpose of chewing on meat. Humans are Omnivores by nature and it is the reason why we came on the top of the food chain and won the evolution game (Or created by God to be the best whatever you believe).

Thus vegetarians are a danger to our entire species and may cause Humanities extension.... I hope you are proud of yourselves veggies.... :angry:
read it before conclusion. may be we were vegetations , but evolved, adapted in to become meat eaters.
http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Even this has large Canines, though not for chewing meat

pygmy_hippo_mouth.jpg

Yeah sure our Canine Teeth are for self protection like the ones employed by the hippo because we bite people as a first line of defense right? nevermind we have thumbs.

We have all the necessary enzymes, coenzymes and absorption mechanisms of Omnivores. Yet some people go against their way and defy their body needs of certain proteins that are more readily available in the Animal meat just to be a veggies.

So again yes you people are causing Humanity's extinction... Hope you are really proud of yourselves...

That is hardly an academic argument, rather simple blabber. Life expectancy of humans increased by many folds after agricultural inventions. Grains saved humans from being a vulnerable race of hunters and food collectors. The way green gas effect determine the climate of earth and how global warming will decide the fate of dry lands humans will rather start culling the animals to survive on this planet.

According to a animal planet documentary I saw its said that man was never meant to be in a monogamous relation but majority of the people on this earth are practicing this. So mosamania bhai pls don't let society dictate you and let evolution take its natural course through you.

The two places with the highest life expectancy on Earth, are Japan and Hong Kong.

Not exactly places with a lot of vegetarianism.

The state of Haryana in India,one of the most vegetarian states also has great life expectancy.

What’s Missing in Vegetarian Diets?

Vegetarians are often deficient in vitamin B12, and those who avoid meat have long been advised to supplement with B12. While vegetarians are slightly more likely to suffer anemia than are meat eaters, this does not by itself explain why they do not enjoy greater longevity in their later years.

A fascinating paper recently published in the journal Mechanisms of Aging and Development presents an entirely new theory to explain why vegetarians do not live longer.41 It turns out that those who avoid eating beef suffer a deficiency of a nutrient (carnosine) that is critical to preventing lethal glycation reactions in the body.

For the benefit of new members, glycation can be defined as the toxic binding of glucose to the body’s proteins. Glycation alters the body’s proteins and renders them non-functional. While wrinkled skin is the first outward appearance of glycation, most degenerative diseases are affected in one way or another by pathological glycation reactions.

Diabetics suffer from accelerated glycation that contributes to the secondary diseases that result in premature death.42,43 For instance, glycation’s destructive effect on the arterial system results in a loss of elasticity, hypertension, and atherosclerosis.44-47 Glycation is involved in disorders as diverse as cataract, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.48-57

Unless aggressive steps are taken, many aging adults will suffer the devastating effects of glycation to proteins throughout their bodies. This fact was established recently when it was shown that even healthy people with slightly elevated glycation levels are at higher risk for heart attack.

Vegetarians have higher levels of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) in their blood compared to those who eat meat.58,59 This is because an exclusively vegetarian diet would lack carnosine, nature’s most potent anti-glycating agent.

For vegetarians who fastidiously adhere to a diet devoid of meat, their “Achilles’ heel” may be lack of carnosine. This was confirmed in a paper published in October 2005 titled, “Glycation, ageing and carnosine: Are carnivorous diets beneficial?”41

Thats surprising,

Most non vegetarians i see have much more wrinkles than vegetarians.

Imran Khan has wrinkles,my parents are both past 52 dont have any.Even my grandad who is 95 has not much wrinkles.

why does wasim akram have diabates?

Nice Vegetarians are live longer it is one of recognize phenomenon...

Proper nourishment is important to channelize your health in positive direction by the ration of

Vegetables ------- Meat

80% ------------ 20%

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom