What's new

User Trials of Akash From April 23

In the Cold War, soviet SAMs were capable of carrying sub kiloton warheads to destroy large formation of US aircrafts.
Its not cold war anymore and we don't have guts like russians had.

Not to mention it looks like stupid move

Each Akash battery consists of:
1.3 x Self propelled launcher.
2.1 x Battery level radar,a Rajendra passive phased array radar.
3.1 x Command post.
VSR_2092.JPG

It seems the IA has rightly given up on the requirement to have all the Akash's systems based on a tracked mount opting for high mobility TATRAs instead, DRDO has recently shown the new launcher for the IA based on a TATRA and not a T-72 chassis, looked rather nice.

Here it is, a nice compromise between the IAF's trailer mounted launcher and the IA's original request for a tracked launcher:

tumblr_n4i2qaCzgo1skudfuo1_500.png

Here it is, a nice compromise between the IAF's trailer mounted launcher and the IA's original request for a tracked launcher:

tumblr_n4i2qaCzgo1skudfuo1_500.png
Why are we developing the sr-sam in callaboration with french?

Is that only for warships to replace barak-1 or land based too?

No definitive details.

The battery level radars will be replaced with the new ESA entries which were displayed by DRDO.

The missile is command guided as far as your question regarding the seeker is concerned.

Yup Barak 1 is expenisve and in short supply. Maitri is good solution.

Funnily Barak 8 can do every role till 80Km range (supersonic AsHM, Subsonic AsHM, Aircrafts and drones)

In a bid to induct the surface-to-air nuclear capable Akash missile in the armed forces

You deserve a thumbs up :tdown:
lol, you must be kidding me..... you just see above line,what the author wrote about akash sam..

Back
Top Bottom