What's new

***** USA This is the Wrong Time to Physically Confront China Now *****

Willing to escalate to a new military conflict/war with China now?

• Yes, it is worth the risk now

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • No, but in the near future, yes

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • No, we should resolve this peacefully and diplomatically instead and work together on global issues

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • No, we should concede to China's sovereignty and work together on global issues

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Huan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone on both sides of the Pacific and beyond,

As of 2015 so far, I think my USA is getting WAY TOO MUCH stuff on its plate in foreign policy issues. We still have UNFINISHED BUSINESS with Iran, North Korea, Russia on eastern Ukraine, and ISIS in Iraq and Syria. I think it is EXTREMELY UNWISE to potentially create a brand new military mess or conflict with mainland China, a rising gigantic nuclear superpower. Especially for issues surrounding the South China Sea and Taiwan. Is Washington not thinking this through in their heads clearly? Mainland China is NOT a walk in the park that the US military can just put down like in Iraq and Afghanistan. And after 15+ years, our weaker enemies in the Middle East (jihadist fighters, etc.) with RPG's and AK-47's and wearing sandals have still remained to this day, even though they have no air force nor navy. I think the USA is getting way ahead of itself of how much it can handle and what it can handle outside our national American borders. At this rate, I think Washington is going to get its hands burned playing with too much fire.

So what are your thoughts everyone? Please discuss.

***** And I also have attached a poll above to vote on it. *****

Last edited:
They see us as their long-term strategic rivals, so it makes sense that they will want to counter us.

They haven't been interested in a "direct" conflict with us since the Korean War, so their methods are "indirect" nowadays.

Like their big concerted effort against the AIIB (which their own allies ended up joining), or their "Pivot to Asia" which is currently ongoing.

First of All define the word confront. US and China are alreadyin confrontion Mode. Confront doesn't mean physical conflict or confrontion. US is already doing something which is against the interest of China. So as china do. The days of physical confrontation are over. Thsi is a new Warfare where the physical confrontation option is excercised last.

They see us as their long-term strategic rivals, so it makes sense that they will want to counter us.

They haven't been interested in a "direct" conflict with us since the Korean War, so their methods are "indirect" nowadays.

Like their big concerted effort against the AIIB (which their own allies ended up joining), or their "Pivot to Asia" which is currently ongoing.

Yep. Their current stance is confrontational and provocative, but it makes sense if you consider the long term.

The US has ruled out peaceful co-existence with China. They intend to unswervingly abide by the terms of the Wolfowitz doctrine of eliminating all rivals. Therefore, it makes sense they should try to spark conflict now, when there remains a sliver of a chance of taking us out. Whereas in 10 or 20 years time, we will be indomitable.

I can't imagine the time pressure they feel. Time is running out for them. Tick tick tick tick.

Boom.

In closing, I'll just take my leave of this thread with the fact everyone is of course entitled to his/her opinion.
And a rising China is ENTITLED to SCS as its backyard.

Believe it or not that‘s a growing consensus reached among most top US think tankers, the silent and lucid ones of course, not the ones who make the most noise

Confrontation is already ongoing as always, across all possible fields. However a direct military confrontation now? No way for one simple reason, neither one can withstand the losses, massive casualties. If either one have the slightest chance to win without much to loose, the hate is so deep that there will be no hesitation to pull the trigger.

@Huan are you Hispanic, Asian or other minorities? Sorry it's not personal, just that it will be China's wishful even delusional thinking to expect peace from Wolfowitz-like neocon warhawks, and they are the ones making the call for your country.

Last edited:
Confrontation is already ongoing as always, across all possible fields. However a direct military confrontation now? No way for one simple reason, neither one can withstand the losses. If either one have the slightest chance to win without much to loose, the hate is so deep that there will be no hesitation to pull the trigger.

@Huan are you Hispanic, Asian or other minorities? Sorry it's not personal, just that it will be China's wishful even delusional thinking to expect peace from Wolfowitz-like neocon warhawks, and they are the ones making the call for your country.
@Shotgunner51 , I am a mixed (Vietnamese-Chinese) Asian born and raised in the US.

interesting. can you speak vietnamese? does your father or mother come from vietnam?
@Viet Unfortunately, I can only speak and read a very very little bit of it. My father is pure Vietnamese and my mom's family use to settle on Vietnam coming from southern China.

Thanks. As I have said, it isn't personal, no offense to individuals especially Asian American like you.
Oh, no problem.:tup:

as I said a million time here and there

It's not that US "Confronting" China per se as in many different people said here

Look at what US did in the past 50 years, did US do any more now than in 50 years ago? The answer, is no.

What the American is doing now is what they were doing in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. They did not do more and they did not do less, just this time, China is getting bigger and now felt more threaten by what US did and do.

The situation is not going to change, because most Chinese does not seems to understand one thing. US is an international force, by being international, they are also part of Asia, and that's why US did what they do, to protect their interest in Asia.

Until the day we saw US pack up Guam, CNMI, Japan, South Korea and Probably Hawaii, US will continue to present in Asia, and I don't see how US will pack up Guam, CNMI, Japan and South Korea.

@Viet Unfortunately, I can only speak and read a very very little bit of it. My father is pure Vietnamese and my mom's family use to settle on Vietnam coming from southern China.
great. which side you pick, should it come to a confrontation between VN and CN?

Hello everyone on both sides of the Pacific and beyond,

As of 2015 so far, I think my USA is getting WAY TOO MUCH stuff on its plate in foreign policy issues. We still have UNFINISHED BUSINESS with Iran, North Korea, Russia on eastern Ukraine, and ISIS in Iraq and Syria. I think it is EXTREMELY UNWISE to potentially create a brand new military mess or conflict with mainland China, a rising gigantic nuclear superpower. Especially for issues surrounding the South China Sea and Taiwan. Is Washington not thinking this through in their heads clearly? Mainland China is NOT a walk in the park that the US military can just put down like in Iraq and Afghanistan. And our weaker enemies in the Middle East with RPG's and AK-47's still remained. I think the USA is getting way ahead of itself of how much it can handle and what it can handle outside our national American borders. At this rate, I think Washington is going to get its hands burned playing with too much fire.

So what are your thoughts everyone? Please discuss.

***** And I also have attached a poll above to vote on it. *****

As a matter of FACT, they did not manage to put down Iraq or Afghanistan either. Both are still smouldering and can turn into a fireball.

Back
Top Bottom