What's new

USA Refused Israel Request for F-15 Silent Eagle

This thread makes little sense why would US block f15 stealth eagle when it is going to provide the Israeli AF with JSF fitted with its own choice avionics and weapons?

Must be sensitive technology , must be risk to give F-15SE to a country that sells that technology with renaming it as Phalcon to third country who closely courts Russia

Yep that must be it ....Chinese would not have had the J10 if it was not for the Levi (Allegedly) , then the UAV tranfer to Turkey

Also , F15SE might be a potent plane and too dangerous to be given to even allies like Raptor ....but Israel has enough weapons its size of football field ... is it going to war with Russia ??

JSF .. is far away ...

No one will get any stealth planes untill US has a radar that can detect its own technology to counter it ... they don't even give old cobras that easily and this is stealth technology

Silent eagle has most sophisticated upgrade work done on it which makes already PROVEN bird more lethal ... too dangerous and sexy to be given to any nation
F15SE super beautiful plane

I dont think Israel can sell any technology without US permission, they tried to sell the Phalcon to China but it was blocked but i think the real reason is that Israel wants to attack Iran nuclear sites ASAP thats why it needs this figher as it can slip past Iranian airspace undetected and by the time JSF is inducted it might be too late to strike.

The decision is purely for the outside world. israel is a F-15 user the technologies and weapon systems americans offer is proven reliable and world class. You will hear later not only the current F-15s will be upgraded but couple of squadrons of F-15SE will be procured through foreign military sales from us of a.
F-16 B/C/D/I upgrades will include AESA/F100-PW-229 engines
F-15E - many upgrades to F-15SE
F-15SE ?
JSF

Only i recognize that F15 in the picture is not F15SE? Its just an F15 with amraams in external fuel tanks. The real F15SE is just at development phase. Boeing didnt even make a prototype yet...

PICTURES: Boeing unveils upgraded F-15 Silent Eagle with fifth-generation features-17/03/2009-Washington DC-Flight International

Boeing today unveiled a new F-15 prototype aimed at the international market with such "fifth-generation" add-ons as radar absorbent coatings, internal weapons carriage and integrated digital avionics, plus featuring a distinctive V-tail.

Improving the fourth generation fighter’s profile on air-to-air radar is Boeing’s key goal for the F-15SE, which the company plans to offer to five foreign countries with an estimated market for 190 orders.

As far as i know boeing has leased usaf F-15E converted F-15E to SE as prototype more correctly called F-15E-1 which is going to fly its first flight in July this month with a demonstration of the conformal fuel tank, which is converted to a weapons bay, to follow by late August.
boeing F-15E-1 will fire an Amraam at 20,000 ft flying .6 Mach to ensure that the bay doors and ejection mechanisms function as needed.
Inshort there is a prototype called F-15E-1 converted from F-15E.

121078278.jpg

Sukhois have always had sexy planes

AZADPAKISTAN2009...
If that is the case why would us help israelis fund iron dome, sell them 2/3 squadrons of F-35 and so on..It is clear the refusal is to show to the outside world in a year or two when SE is completely ready after complete test and trials you will see a different story.

121078278.jpg

Sukhois have always had sexy planes

So is that how you measure performance?

:no:

Anyway, my original question stands, anyone know of the IAF uses russian tech? if not, then why would they do a U turn on using US tech over russian.

Very good news lolz.. they have enough goods to sit on . I guess daddy is spanking all its kids these days :lol::P

So is that how you measure performance?

:no:

Anyway, my original question stands, anyone know of the IAF uses russian tech? if not, then why would they do a U turn on using US tech over russian.

To get the best weapons systems, the USA is ahead in avionics and AESA . The Boeing P-8 Poseidon is a good example because Russia does not have anything like that to offer India.

But on the other hand USA will not share missile technology with India thats where Russia comes in the picture and the Brahmos missile is a perfect example of this.

amit27..I think RescueRanger means israeli air force not indian air force, you got it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom