What's new

USA Received $61 billion for Desert Storm

So, who payed for that to put out and clean up?

Wait a second, aren't we sure that USA is now bankrupt from all these wars, as many threads claim? But how can it be bankrupt if other countries paid for them? Talk about being damned either way! The loonies will believe anything that suits their deranged minds, obviously. :D

Who paid and how much for the 2nd time? aka the WMD war
The participants: us, uk, australia and poland. And later some 36 other nations. Although, many MNF-I member countries received monetary gain, among other incentives from the United States, in return for their sending of military forces to Iraq, or otherwise supporting coalition forces during the Iraq War.

America : We begged Saudi for money!

THIS ISNT ABOUT RELIGION!!

Then a U turn

Lets see:

Iran was on the rise, USSR was giving us a cold shoulder so to kick 2 birds we begged Saudi for money and we made ISIS ...It isnt about religion and the bitch goes on it is dont tell me anything else coz I am too ignrant to wanna hear anything more than my sponseors want out of your mouth!! He kept saying it is a power stuggle, geopolitics gone bad blaa blaa!

now we take a U turn and say it is Saudi's fault? WTH?

Last edited:

Then a U turn

Lets see:

Iran was on the rise, USSR was giving us a cold shoulder so to kick 2 birds we begged Saudi for money and we made ISIS ...It isnt about religion and the bitch goes on it is dont tell me anything else coz I am too ignrant to wanna hear anything more than my sponseors want out of your mouth!! He kept saying it is a power stuggle, geopolitics gone bad blaa blaa!

And this is related how to "USA Received $61 billion for Desert Storm"?

WESLEY CLARK

Then a U turn

Lets see:

Clark returned to Fort Irwin and commanded the National Training Center (NTC) from October 1989 to 1991.
The Gulf War occurred during Clark's command, and many National Guard divisional round-out brigades trained under his command. Multiple generals commanding American forces in Iraq and Kuwait said Clark's training helped bring about results in the field and that he had successfully begun training a new generation of the military that had moved past Vietnam-era strategy. He was awarded another Legion of Merit for his "personal efforts" that were "instrumental in maintaining" the NTC, according to the citation. He served in a planning post after this, as the Deputy Chief of Staff for Concepts, Doctrine, and Developments at Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) at Fort Monroe, Virginia. While there, he helped the commanding general of TRADOC prepare the army for war and develop new post-Cold War strategies. Clark pushed for technological advancement in the army to establish a digital network for military command, which he called the "digitization of the battlefield."[40] He was promoted to Major General in October 1992 at the end of this command.[

retirement from the military on May 2, 2000

General Hugh Shelton would say of Clark during his 2004 campaign that "the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote." Shelton never elaborated further on what these issues were.

Last edited:
Sad part was; it took a whole coalition to defeat a developing country still healing from the wounds inflicted during Iran-Iraq war and the Kuwait war. If there was no invasion on Iraq - there would've been no 9/11, no ISIS, no terrorism, no arab spring, only stability and peace....
US and Iraq have fought 2 major wars in total:

1. Persian Gulf War (1991)
2. Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003 - 2011)

Iraq immensely benefited from foreign funding and military aid during the period of its war with Iran and emerged as a powerful nation in its aftermath. Here is a detailed analysis: Iraq's Military Power: The German Connection | Middle East Research and Information Project

Saddam Hussein wanted to expand the borders of Iraq; he perceived Kuwait and some parts of Iran as part of Iraqi territory on historical grounds and ordered Iraqi armed forces to attack Iran [in 1980] and Kuwait [in 1990] due to this reason. Iran was much stronger then Kuwait and managed to prevent occupation of targeted parts of its territory but at a terrible cost in both men and material. Kuwait stood no chance however.

Iraq recovered from war with Iran in a span of 2 years and fielded 50 military divisions on the ground for (expected) war with US in 1991. Some analysts assert that Saddam Hussein committed a blunder by (not) preventing coalition forces to assemble in Saudi Arabia in a span of 6 months. If Iraqi armed forces had invaded Saudi Arabia, Saddam Hussein could dictate the terms of engagement in Kuwait [in theory]. Truth is that Saddam Hussein had soft corner for Saudi Arabia due to his faith and spared it but his lack of initiative had disastrous consequences for him in the long run. Fortune favors the bold.

Al-Qaeda network was founded by Osama Bin Laden (a Saudi national). He initially established its base of operations in Sudan but relocated it to Afghanistan after Sudanese government decided to take action against him and his network. There is no link between Persian Gulf War (1991) and actions of Al-Qaeda network in later years. Leaders of Al-Qaeda network could find any reason to justify their terrorist activities.

Last edited:
WESLEY CLARK

Clark returned to Fort Irwin and commanded the National Training Center (NTC) from October 1989 to 1991.
The Gulf War occurred during Clark's command, and many National Guard divisional round-out brigades trained under his command. Multiple generals commanding American forces in Iraq and Kuwait said Clark's training helped bring about results in the field and that he had successfully begun training a new generation of the military that had moved past Vietnam-era strategy. He was awarded another Legion of Merit for his "personal efforts" that were "instrumental in maintaining" the NTC, according to the citation. He served in a planning post after this, as the Deputy Chief of Staff for Concepts, Doctrine, and Developments at Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) at Fort Monroe, Virginia. While there, he helped the commanding general of TRADOC prepare the army for war and develop new post-Cold War strategies. Clark pushed for technological advancement in the army to establish a digital network for military command, which he called the "digitization of the battlefield."[40] He was promoted to Major General in October 1992 at the end of this command.[

retirement from the military on May 2, 2000

General Hugh Shelton would say of Clark during his 2004 campaign that "the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote." Shelton never elaborated further on what these issues were.
I am more interested in the begging part than his character or whatnot..... as the thread is about funds :angel:

There is too much finger pointing going on:
Either he retired without pension hence leaking information or this was planned ? No one countering it :agree:

A few remarks.
1. This alledged 7 country plan assumes continuity in US strategy and policy across 2 Presidents, 4 Admiministrations, 8 congressional elections, with 'divided government' in 5 of these 8 congressional terms. Twice Republicans controlled Presidency, Senate as well as House (2003-2007) while Democrats did only once (2009-2011).
2. Wesley Clarke was forced into retirement in 2000.
3. Like many other well known retirees, Wesley Clarke went on to make a living on the speakers circuit. After 2004 he worked a commentator for CNN and after 2005 as analyst for Fox news.
4. Wesley Clarke has/had political aspirations

Rumors persisted that Clark was forced out in 2000 due to his contentious relationship with some in Washington, D.C.
A NATO ambassador told the International Herald Tribune that Clark's dismissal seemed to be a "political thing from the United States". Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Hugh Shelton would say of Clark during his 2004 campaign that "the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."
For subsequen civilian and political career, see Wesley Clark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clark's book, Winning Modern Wars, ws published in 2003. In this he described his conversation with a military officer in the Pentagon shortly after 9/11 regarding a plan to attack seven Middle Eastern countries in five years: "As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and finishing off Iran."

It if not impossible there was such a plan. If so, question is: was it a Pentagon contingency plan (which is something the military always do) or an actual administration plan. And if the latter, see remark #1: it doesn't necessarily mean that it continues to this day.

Are there any other ex-government higher ups confirming what Clarke says? Is there any other evidence supporting this assertion?

2. Wesley Clarke was forced into retirement in 2000.
He didnt say he was in service he said someone showed him the plans :cheesy:
Are there any other ex-government higher ups confirming what Clarke says? Is there any other evidence supporting this assertion?
You think they are gonna confirm anything and not straight out deny or refuse to comment? :what:

He didnt say he was in service he said someone showed him the plans :cheesy:
Doesn't matter. The point is that apparently there were reasons not to keep him (which goes to credibility)

You think they are gonna confirm anything and not straight out deny or refuse to comment? :what:
What good is the case without corroborating evidence? It is just 'he said, she said' then.

Last edited:
What good is the case without corroborating evidence? It is just 'he said, she said' then.
Most of the things are that way :what:

Sadly when it hits someone's interest it is extrapolated as truth!

Back
Top Bottom