What's new

usa makes war with pakistan?

XxX_Sniper_Wolf_XxX

New Recruit

Reaction score
many pakistanis believe (including ISI) that since usa attacked afghanistan, and Iraq, they believe the next target is Iran, and then Pakistan. So lets say if they do however manage to attack Pakistan what do you think will be the outcome? will Pakistan have any chance at all? (conventional warfare):chilli::pakistan::sniper: In my opinion as a 60 year old country Pakistan has a REALLY good success,but agianst USA...i think usa would have a hard time. they might defeat our navy but our army and AF i doubt

Pakistan as of right now faces no external danger. We only have internal problems. As far as I am concerned any attack by an external force will unite the country.

Pakistan as of right now faces no external danger. We only have internal problems. As far as I am concerned any attack by an external force will unite the country.

we hope no country dare to invade pakistan, but if some superpower want to invade pakistan, i think pakistan people will defeat invader definitely.:pakistan:

It's kind of funny to hear people talking about the USA attacking Pakistan. The top leadership in Pakistan is all pro US and especially the top military leaders are all products of the US military education system. Pakistan is almost like a colony of the USA and as a client state it reluctantly helps the USA out in the regional "great game". I'm sure the US will continue meddling in Pakistan but it seems pointless and too much of a hassle to attempt to crack it in two pieces and just hand them over to India and Afghanistan. Islamabad has a healthy habit of being very useful every decade or so.

i dont see USA invading pak. reason: they dont have the economic muscle to do so. US economy is staring down the barrel of recession. another war might be the catalyst to the fall of the amercian empire.

USa has spent waaay to much in iraq and are facing the consequences. if they go for iran and pakistan as well, they will go bankrupt.

If they would like to weaken Pakistan. They would rather work on civil war

For information sake, the United states has already bombed pakistan, if this is not war...than God knows what war really is!!!:disagree:

The US has never denied responsibility for air strikes in Pakistan. Furthermore, the US has no reason to invade Pakistan with the possible exception of a section of FATA. A conventional conflict between Pakistan and the US would be short and brutal, any reasonably intelligent and objective person can see the outcome. Of course, the US knows by know that it would be followed by decades of being a occupying power dealing with an angry populace. Anyway, not going to happen anytime soon in the sense you seem to be implying.

The US will not occupy Pakistan. It can't - Iraq will seem a walk in the park compared to what would happen to an occupation force in Pakistan.

One has to remember that unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, there is no horrible dictator or regime to overthrow that would result in any section of the populace "welcoming the US as liberators".

What would likely happen (for the sake of brainstorming) is a repeat of Gulf War 1.

Massive aerial attacks to destroy Pakistan's military and conventional/nuclear infrastructure. Limited ground offensive to secure certain assets.

It still won't be painless or quick, and would most likely breach Pakistan's nuclear threshold as soon as the military realized the US was involved, and hence would be a huge gamble in terms of taking out all nuclear assets in the beginning.

If the US was really interested in keeping Pakistan weak (again, hypothetically speaking), stoking the fires of insurgency in Baluchistan and FATA would be all it needed to do - as the instability and violence would slow down, if not ruin, the economy, and weaken Pakistan to where it was no threat conventionally (especially vis a vis India), but would never cross the nuclear threshold.

Who would ever have thought we would be sitting discussing US attacking Pakistan - what a sorry state of affairs really.

Anyway, that would buy US more pain than she can afford. US in a most precarious situation, failure in Iraq, failure in Afghanistan, no home to go to in the Gulf, no hoe in Sodiie -- in effect she is ejected from the region, with only Israel left - and those poor Israeli buying time - they know full well that their role in the millenarian scheme is die horrible deaths or convert in time for their rapture (space ships in the sky to take them "home")

Who would have thought this would come from idiot ambitions like "project for the American century" -- anyway, it has come to this, so lets just deal with it - Beserker Americans attacking Pakistan?

Let's see, attack Iraq, attack Afghanistan, Attack Somalia, Attack Iran, Attack Syria, Attack Sodie, threatent to attack North korea, now attack Pakistan -- US has already lost, there is no point attacking anyone, time to go home and deal with a world that will no longer a accept $$ as a medium of exchange, deal with a financial system built juggling accounts, with hard working people now threatened with loss of their homes --- yeah, time to attack, might as well be Pakistan; it may even be a favor to the future of Pakistan as some of us want to see that future. :pop:

First of all as i have noticed most people here really really exaggerate the capabilites of the US and really underestimate of what pakistan can and cannot do. Saying so does not mean that i doubt the US war waging capabilities.
Now lets discuss it hypotheticaly speaking, a possible out come of what would happen if US attacks pakistan or for that matter even if it is possible at the first place?

I'm gonna answer the last part of my hypothesis first is it even possible for the US to attack pakistan, the reply is No, reason is the US economy and the state it is now and will be if US attacks pakistan. Not only will the US economy bankrupt, but so will the world economy, considering the impact that this conflict will have on the oil prices.

Now lets talk militarly. Pakistan military is no push over. Its the world's seventh largest military and when it comes down to conventional warfare and boots on the ground, they are considered one of the best in the business if not the best. Mr Salim can provided better insight on this since he can explain Pakistan army from a third person's point of view being an Ex-indian army officer.
Moreover pakistan army has two professional wings to support, i.e the airforce and the navy. Now in no way are these two comparable to what the US have however one thing that most people here forget is that whether it these units are big or not, you will have to neturalize them inorder to destroy the military war machine of the PA. And let me assure you that it will not be piece of cake for the US. Allow me to expalin why, the reason is unlike in the gulf wars and then again in operation iraqi freedom, USAF encountered nothing. It was a walk in the park destroying targets at ground, i remember watching an interview of a US pilot of the F-18 saying that once in iraq far he was chasing and iraqi mig and while he was chasing, he never noticed another mig right at his 9 o clock( i'm not sure about the exact clock that he mentioned) and said that if he had fired, i would have never survived, what happened instead he choose not to engage it and flew away, the US pilot shot down the mig he was chasing and then went on to shoot down that mig which just flew away and so he shot both. The point is that there was no resistance at all and so maintaing an air superiority over iraq and destroying a few old Russian SAM sites was no big deal. But this ant gonna happen when you will come up against PAF. PAF be small in numbers is a very professional force and it will sure take the gutts out of the USAF before US could neturalize it to maintain complete air superiority over pakistan.
Another threat that the US will face will be from the pakistan's ballistic and cruise missiles. Now a question here how many US soilders died during the first gulf war when an iraqi scud missils hit a US barrack in Saudi Arabia. Compare that to the modern pakistan's missile systems and you can calculate the amount of damage that they can cause and the amount of US and allied casualties in afghainstan. I'm sure US will not risk the lives of so many americans just to prove a point.
Third read about the high altitude mountain warfare and its impact or that either it is possible for the US to gain results in such mountaineous areas and that too when they are up against not only the tailbans and balochis but also against the whole pakistan army, its not hard for one to imagine results. Tango the last part is for you because you seemed very much confident in predicting the outcome of war or that a conventional conflict will be short. No my friend, you dont know pakistanies that well, the pakistan army is trained on the basis of taking out a much superior enemy both in numbers and technology i.e the indian army, and when it comes to the survival of pakistan, let me assure you that PA will defend it to last blood of each and every solider.

Last but not the leat, certainly we have the nuclear factor and as mentioned in our nuclear doctrine, if a large part of pakistani terrority is been taken over or a large part of pakistan armed forces is destroyed, we will go nuclear. A nuclear strike on afghanistan, and the out come can be predicted. Obiviously we too will get destroyed in the retaliation strike carried out by the US but the point that i am trying to make is that in no manner this is possible even in the slighest of manner for the US to attack directly on pakistan the way it did on iraq and afghanistan. There will be too much at stake for the US, most importanly the loss of US lives on a foregin soil as a direct result of this conflict. US government will never ever be able to justify it to the US people.

The best thing for the US to do is what it is doing the drone attack on hideouts of AQ. This way an important target priority of both the nations is taken out, we make a loud cry about it, no big deal, every one reamins happy in the end. But if US decides to cross the border, then that will have its serious consequences for both the sides.

IceCold and Agnostic, I agree on all counts except perhaps IceColds opinion on if Pakistan will have any nuclear assets left, and if its air-force can make it more than a week or two. Anyway, never going to happen, so this is all really just "Shootin' the bull" to use a George H. W. Bush euphemism.

Back
Top Bottom