What's new

US 'warned India' about Mumbai

Black Stone

Reaction score
Country
United States
US 'warned India' about Mumbai

The US warned India about a possible threat at least a month before last week's Mumbai attacks, US media have quoted unnamed officials as saying.

One official said India had been told of an apparent plot to launch an attack from the sea, the AP agency reports.

The reports came as India's navy chief said there had been "systemic failures" in the country's security and intelligence services.

At least 188 people are now known to have died in the coordinated attacks.

The allegations are likely to add to the growing public anger that the attacks were not prevented.

India's home minister and the chief and deputy chief ministers of Maharashtra state have all resigned amid criticism of the government's handling of the crisis.

Two warnings

An Indian official appeared to confirm the US media reports that there was a known threat to at least some of the locations targets, including the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel.

Mumbai police chief Hassan Gafoor told a news conference on Tuesday that they had "had an alert that hotels like Taj could be exposed to such danger".

CNN quoted Indian officials as saying that after receiving the US warning, they also intercepted a satellite phone message on 18 November warning of a sea-borne attack on Mumbai.

The city had been on high alert but security measures at the attacked hotels had recently been relaxed, the network reported.

Apparently, it was all Indian state's fault in not preventing this attack despite having the intelligence. That is why heads have started rolling. I hope Indian establishment take necessary measures on a war-footing scale.

The problem is, in a free society like India, one wouldn’t be surprised if there are 1000 reports per day for potential sabotage plots from terrorists. How can you possibly preempt each and everyone?

Smart and competent officials might be able to luckily identify couple big ones to deal with.

Apparently, it was all Indian state's fault in not preventing this attack despite having the intelligence. That is why heads have started rolling. I hope Indian establishment take necessary measures on a war-footing scale.

Yes, your people are very angry especially the people from Mumbai. They are looking for people to blame and take responsibilities of this mishandling, internally and perhaps externally aswell.

Internally, heads have been cut starting with India's home minister and the chief and deputy chief ministers.

There is also this problem of having 7000km coastline, which I think is very difficult to keep an eye on. Elements, take advantage of this situation to create trouble.

how come US knew there was a danger looming in mumbai??, i fail to realize it, positive comments appreciated!!

how come US knew there was a danger looming in mumbai??, i fail to realize it, positive comments appreciated!!

Thit is called Intelligence. CIA of US might have an HUMINT (which means a human spy) or ELINT (which means electronic spying) who came across this plan and passed on over to appropriate authorities.

Thit is called Intelligence. CIA of US might have an HUMINT (which means a human spy) or ELINT (which means electronic spying) who came across this plan and passed on over to appropriate authorities.

lol, i know this is intelligence, but i never knew, CIA is so intricate, they knew wht indian intelligence didnt know!!!

lol, i know this is intelligence, but i never knew, CIA is so intricate, they knew wht indian intelligence didnt know!!!

In fact, CIA has lot of intelligence force within pakistan, more than what India or any other country has. They might have got this information from an insider (let's say within some Terrorist organisation) or from monitoring of Telephone, satellite phone or internet intercepts within pakistan. So, it is likely US intelligence has more information than Indian intelligence.

In fact, CIA has lot of intelligence force within pakistan, more than what India or any other country has. They might have got this information from an insider (let's say within some Terrorist organisation) or from monitoring of Telephone, satellite phone or internet intercepts within pakistan. So, it is likely US intelligence has more information than Indian intelligence.

swinging the topic, lol, as a pakistani i can say, CIA exposed BJP conspiracy to mamoham, tht makes CIA more "respectable"!!!

Last edited:
Its the CIA Intelligence right who Point out at IRAQ that they were working on nuclear weapons & bla bla bla

The only thing i appreciate in your post is your ability to vault to conclusions....no wonder your media proved to be the best conspiracy theorists of all times. After all the media is made up of the same society. However, you failed to mention that CIA network in India would have conveyed the warning.... after all, you have become friends officially with US now and that has its cost. I believe they have lot of elements in Indian territory for keeping an eye on China. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom