What's new

US war on terror kills over 80,000 people in Pakistan: report

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Islamabad: More than 80,000 Pakistanis, including over 48,000 civilians, have been killed in the decade-long US-led war against terror in the country, according to a new report.

The report titled "Body Count: Casualty Figures after 10 Years of the War on Terror" was released by the Nobel Prize-winning International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War along with Physicians for Social Responsibility and Physicians for Global Survival, The Express Tribune reported today.

The report, dealing with the conflict from 2004 until the end of 2013, shows that a total of 81,325 to 81,860 persons - including 48,504 civilians, 45 journalists, 416-951 civilians killed by drones, 5,498 security personnel and 26,862 militants - lost their lives in the US-led war on terror.

It also said that around 1.3 million people were directly and indirectly killed in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan as a result of US-led wars in the regions during the the same period.

One million people were killed in Iraq and 220,000 in Afghanistan as a result of the war, it said. "The figure is approximately 10 times greater than that of which the public, experts and decision makers are aware," the authors of the study said.

"And this is only a conservative estimate. The total number of deaths in the three countries could also be in excess of 2 million," they said.

The report scoured the results of individual studies and data published by United Nations organisations, government agencies and non-governmental organisations.

Pakistan government, however, has officially maintained that around 60,000 civilians and security personnel have been killed in the war on terror.

US war on terror kills over 80,000 people in Pakistan: report | Deccan Chronicle

America is our big brother, Its our duty to protect American interest as they are feeding us, and providing necessary military equipment.

f 81,325 to 81,860 persons - including 48,504 civilians, 45 journalists, 416-951 civilians killed by drones, 5,498 security personnel - lost their lives in the US-led war on terror.
give at least 100000 dollar compensation for their life i think it will calm their relative against US and stop any kind of revenge from them. and also provide adequate fund to rebuild repair houses destroyed due to war on terror .

America is our big brother, Its our duty to protect American interest as they are feeding us, and providing necessary military equipment.

while they may be feeding you people but are you still sourcing your arms from US? haven't they stopped sale of weapons to you?

while they may be feeding you people but are you still sourcing your arms from US? haven't they stopped sale of weapons to you?
Until we work for them, sacrificing our silly , non valuable lives for them , we are still useful for them otherwise who's gonna give us first world weapon and million dollars of aid. Thousands die , millions will born. we are a south Asian country where getting killed is normal. whoever whenever and wherever can easily declare us terrorist, and we are such good people that quietly accept their fate. so we are still very very useful for America.

Until we work for them, sacrificing our silly , non valuable lives for them , we are still useful for them otherwise who's gonna give us first world weapon and million dollars of aid. Thousands die , millions will born. we are a south Asian country where getting killed is normal. whoever whenever and wherever can easily declare us terrorist, and we are such good people that quietly accept their fate. so we are still very very useful for America.

well maybe, but you cannot absolve yourselves, the fault lies with you also. Indonesia is also a muslim country but why Osama gets killed in Pakistan, why all the culprits behind 26//1 attacks happen to be pakistani?

after independence we chose to remain non aligned and you went on to sit in the lap of the US. there had to be repercussions.

It killed 80,000 or more people but effected millions of Pakistanis while Pakistan Army stood as spectators and ISI supported Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan the cause of all this death and destructions.

well maybe, but you cannot absolve yourselves, the fault lies with you also. Indonesia is also a muslim country but why Osama gets killed in Pakistan, why all the culprits behind 26//1 attacks happen to be pakistani?

after independence we chose to remain non aligned and you went on to sit in the lap of the US. there had to be repercussions.
Hi, Don't ask me about Bin laden , I'm civilian , I don't deny his presence as our officials accepted his presence in our territory and I don't defend him. I will also never defend Mr hafiz saeed and culprits behind 9\11. what do you expect more from civilian sector of Pakistan, our policy makers are U.S allies, you are also getting nearer to U.S. but whenever it comes about bin laden and 26\11. I see no voice from anyone but just blabber that to be used against Pakistani common civilian to damage his image, rather then asking your own friend U.S that why don't they can't able to use their relation with Pakistan's authority , why they didn't demanded explanations?

Pakistan is as guilty as the US when it comes to drone strikes. The Americans can never so blatantly kill people without the approval of the leaders of a nation. No ifs and buts.

As a nation we don't care about our brothers and sisters as long as it doesn't affect us directly. We have become selfish. From our leaders to the people. There is no other explanation for turning a blind eye to this carnage.

It is the most shameful chapter of our history. We have to bow our heads in shame.

Last edited:
Hi, Don't ask me about Bin laden , I'm civilian , I don't deny his presence as our officials accepted his presence in our territory and I don't defend him. I will also never defend Mr hafiz saeed and culprits behind 9\11. what do you expect more from civilian sector of Pakistan, our policy makers are U.S allies, you are also getting nearer to U.S. but whenever it comes about bin laden and 26\11. I see no voice from anyone but just blabber that to be used against Pakistani common civilian to damage his image, rather then asking your own friend U.S that why don't they can't able to use their relation with Pakistan's authority , why they didn't demanded explanations?

we are not getting closer to US, its them who want us as their ally to counterbalance chinese prowess but we are too smart for them. we wont let ourselves get played at their hands. i firmly believe that we can take on chinese on our own if we have to.

for pakistan problem, the military-jihadi nexus of pakistan is solely responsible. democracy never really flourished in pakistan. thus there was no accountability. the army leadership of your country used cold war to their advantage. 1960s is called the golden age of pakistan because during this period pakistan received huge economic aid from the US and the west and also cutting edge weapon platforms, for example F 86 Sabres, and PNS Ghazi submarine. but as they say there is no such thing as free lunch. you had to lose your sovereignty and independence of foreign policy decision making.

india too receives foreign aid but guess what, it doesnt go to indian government but to private bodies and NGOs. thats why we don't compromise our sovereignty.

Back
Top Bottom