What's new

US violates int’l laws; moves USS Enterprise into Pakistani water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wht if all this is a crap like wht if usa is going to blame iran instead of pakistan uss enterprise was going to be sunk in the end of this year not next year this year in the end of 2012 now wht if we here uss enterprise was attacked and destroyed and just suppost wht if that sub was irani so who will be the target whole us and nato now they just need a solid reason to blame iran or pakistan to attack now that some people gone say thats not possible that alrdy happend in pearl harbor when japns attacked all the old junk was in harbor not even a new ship was near to Hawaii

You, my friend are quite selfish. You are perfectly fine with the terror war the US has unleashed on your countrymen through drones simply because it has not effected you so far. With a military that is bending over, and a Government that is bending over.....all we need is people like to complete the triad in favor of the US.
Hint: Foreign Affairs Management. Ever heard of this term?

Do you think that we have very competent leadership in place?

Musharraf was good for us in these times. But this nation is thankless and filled with emotional fools who cannot think rationally and long-term.

You are in awe of something that you have never really witnessed.
I have never really witnessed? This is 'information sharing' age, my friend.

You want to actually experience some spectacular fireworks around you to convince yourself?

Some examples for you:

shock-awe.jpg

This level of blindness will be our undoing one day. I fear that until water flows above the heads, this nation will not learn.

Real competency lay in preventing these fireworks in the first place.

You speak on American technology and power, well that power and technology was shred to pieces by the inferior Indian Tanks at Sialkot and if not for the superior skills of PAF pilots, IAF would have ripped through PAF with inferior Jets!
Those were WW-II era US weapons. The situation is vastly different in current times.

Your emphasis should be upon the latest US weapons.

If you talk about armored clashes, then read about Battle of 73 Easting.

Synopsis:

The 1991 Gulf War's Battle of 73 Easting is the most studied tank battle of modern times. This is the story of how the American 2nd Armoured Cavalry Regiment used superior equipment and training to overcome a blinding sandstorm and hundreds of tanks manned by Iraq's elite Republican Guard.

And if you talk about Air Power, look no further then capabilities of USAF and its performance in Persian Gulf War 1991.

Just because the US and NATO forces ripped through Iraqi defenses that were 30 years old and quite likely inferior versions of the the equipment used by Soviet Union or China and meant to be used against Iran instead of USA you think the USA can rip through anything?
You are weak in history.

Iraq was a major military power in the Islamic Bloc during 1991. What happened then?

Here is a shocker for you: Modernizing China

If that was indeed the case, the US would atleast have allowed Israel to attack the Nuclear sites of Iran!
So you want US and Israel to attack Iran? Shame on you.

Just because the attack have not happened yet; does not means that it cannot happen and succeed.

Serbs were able to shoot down a B-2 bomber with conventional air defense system....what else do you need?
B-2 bomber? No.

And most importantly, when would you begin to defend your country against these illegal activities? When these drones start killing citizens in Lahore & Karachi?
When this nation will be willing to accept its mistakes and work on them.

Are you serious? Did you even try to get my point up there? Did I not mean the exact same thing that Iraq had nothing to fight the US with? They could not shoot down Attack Helicopters, they could not hold advancing armored tank divisions, they could not communicate because their 30 year old communications equipment was facing effecting jamming and they had nothing to fight the air wars with, not even decent SAM systems.

Would Iraq have gone down so easily had they access to technology that could take down US aerial vehicles? Annihilate American armour dead in their tracks? Had effective communications?
Forget 2003. What happened during Persian Gulf War 1991?

You speak on internal issues, did the US not have major internal issues when they began their fight for independence? Did the war not unite the whole nation? Sometimes larger threats are the perfect ingredients to unify nations for common cause!
Pakistani society is not so brave as you credit it to be.

Pakistani populace was helpless against TTP. You expect it to fight USA? Yeah right.

Mark my words; Pakistani military and Tribals are the only viable fighting elements in Pakistan. The rest is hogwosh and hot air.

You want to teach this nation a lesson in enduring hardships? A nation that return to dark homes, after 12 hours or more of labour, in unbearably hot nights and tries to sleep their aches away without even a fan? Did you not see what happened in Europe and America on job cuts? Did you not see what happened in UK when university fees were hiked up? And you want your nation to take 20 hours of deliberate load shedding sitting down? Seriously?
Urbanized segment of the Pakistani populace is not accustomed to hardships in true sense. Being in the business profession, I know hell of lot more about this then you do.

Even a large chunk of labor segment is like a slave to rich vaderas who exploit this segment for their personal gains. You expect this segment to fight too?

And dude, how far away from reality are you seriously? Do you have any idea what's happening in Baluchistan? In Sindh (interior and in cities)? In KP & NWFP? And now even in Punjab? If you really meant what you wrote then you have not been in Pakistan for a long long time!
I live in Pakistan and am not oblivious to these developments.

Whom do you think that BLA will support, if the invasion happens?

Whom do you think that TTP will support, if the invasion happens?

Whom do you think that all of the (hidden) looters will support, who reveal their true face during times of chaos and start burning and looting unless curfew is imposed?

Check this example: http://www.historycommons.org/timel...occupation_of_iraq_tmln_post_invasion_looting

Bro, lot of people in Pakistan are now in to personal gains. This is no longer the society of 1965 when life was simple and people were united and accustomed to hardships. If you do not realize this, then you do not understand Pakistani society.

The US has not been able to cough up guts to hash out the same treatment to North Korea or Iran....ever wonder why? It's because first it purchased our military & political leadership and only then was able to 'buy' its way. This is a Pakistan that returned an alleged stealth American chopper that had invaded out country and carried out an illegal operation humiliating the nation in the whole world branding us OBL shelterers whereas the same country refused to return Tomahawks during the 90's when relations were not good! Basically it depends on how well fed our leadership and that decides what the US is entitled to......not her superpower status!
Seriously, do not cite the examples of Iran and North Korea. Focus on the geo-political situations instead.

After the fall of Saddam and Gadaffi, Iran is now getting full attention and is currently very vulnerable. Thankfully, US elections are also near so things are calm at the moment.

Nork Korea is an example of a FAILED STATE. Its survives due to Chinese aid and support. Otherwise, it would have fallen apart long ago.

And these are the best examples you could come up with?

How about focusing on examples of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, and Malaysia? These nations are example-settlers.

Again, I must correct you. It is not competence that we need because even our traitors are competent. What we need is patriots in important foreign places for immediate rebuttals and corrections.
And you get it wrong. Competency is very important for foreign affairs.

Musharraf was competent in this aspect and he maintained good relationship with many countries. Now the situation is very different.

OBL commission report, if ever made public, will prove beyond doubt that OBL mission was a false flag operation and that our military and political leadership was complicit in it.
This is your assumption. Fact is that with mentality like yours, this nation will never realize its shortcomings.

lol, we shoud not open NATO supplies at any cost, we know how to defend our country, BTW its not NATO supply, the name is only being used its US supplies .... so if US wants then open was it the only solution and we will make US the living hell on this planet

bhaiyyon , kuchh khaas karnay ki koi khaas zaroorat nahi hay is maamlay men ... :meeting:

pehli baat tou yeh hae kay : " ChoOhay ko maar nay kay liay fOj nahi bulaiyee jaati " ... :coffee:
( here chooha = uss enterprize )

doosri baat yeh hae kay : meray paas is chhotay say maslay ka ek aiysa zabardast hal hae jis say yeh " saanp bhi marr jaiyga aor laateeh bhe nahi tootay gee " ( aur saath hi saath , wo eastern border wala kcutta bhi qaabu men rahay ga :enjoy: ) ... :smokin:

ab aap sab logg yeh baat soch rahay hon gay kay wo konsa hal hay jis ko istemaal kar kay " ek teer say dow shikaar ho jaiyn " , hena !?

tou phir zara ab ghorr say sunno sub : ap logo nay wo kahaani tou zarur sunee hi hogi jis men jadugar ki jaan totay men hoti haey ; agar aap nay jaadugar ko mot kay ghaat utaarna hae tou us kay towtay ki mundi :hang2: marorr do ... :rofl: ( here this " mundi " means " gardan " of that pimp parrot , so don't let your mind go towards any other body organ of the parrot )

is trah wo towta tou marayga hi marayga aor saath men us budmust jadugar ka bhi kaam tamaam ho jaiyga ... :azn:

now guys , for your ease of understanding , i am defining the characters of the story :-

- - towta (parrot) = israel
- - jadugar (wizard) = america
:pakistan:

Their is thing called Foreign Affairs Management. Ever heard of this term?

Do you think that we have very competent leadership in place?

Musharraf was good for us in these times. But this nation is thankless and filled with emotional fools who cannot think rationally and long-term.

What has this got to do with what I posted? I agree Musharraf was the best thing that happened to us in a long time but he is not here any more so we have to make do with what we have.

And well, nothing the Government could do so far (atleast the drama for our benefit) to eradicate the menace of drone strikes. There comes a point when democracy is just not the right answer.

I have never really witnessed? This is 'information sharing' age, my friend.

You want to actually experience some spectacular fireworks around you to convince yourself?

Some examples for you:

shock-awe.jpg

This level of blindness will be our undoing one day. I fear that until water floats above the heads, this nation will not learn.

Real competency lay in preventing these fireworks in the first place.

Yet again you post pictures from a war in which the target country had no real defense against the form of aggression. We, on the other hand, have the ability to annihilate the bases of enemy forces around us including Aircraft Carriers. We, unlike Iraq, have the ability to strike back! And therein lies your deterrent. That's how you prevent wars.

To think of it, citizens of a bloody Nuclear Power accepting bullying and defending it!

Those were WW-II era US weapons. The situation is vastly different in current times.

Your emphasis should be upon the latest US weapons.

If you talk about armored clashes, then read about Battle of 73 Easting.

Synopsis:

The 1991 Gulf War's Battle of 73 Easting is the most studied tank battle of modern times. This is the story of how the American 2nd Armoured Cavalry Regiment used superior equipment and training to overcome a blinding sandstorm and hundreds of tanks manned by Iraq's elite Republican Guard.

And if you talk about Air Power, look no further then capabilities of USAF and its performance in Persian Gulf War 1991.

It was a simple lesson for you, first grade Soviet weaponry got the better of US tech of the same era or better, plain and simple. As I had said earlier, Iraq was operating 30 year old and heavily downgraded technology while the US was using the latest tech. There was no match at all. Iraq had nothing that could disable an M1 Abraham effectively. Why do you insist on bringing up Iraq again and again?

When was the last time the US actually attacked an enemy that could fight back? Iraq....come on man, Iran was able to get the better of Iraq through sanctions. Afghanistan....... Cambodia could have invaded it.

You are weak in history.

Iraq was a major military power in the Islamic Bloc during 1991. What happened then?

Here is a shocker for you: Modernizing China

You know what's really shocking? The appearance of a Chinese attack sub in the middle of the largest US Naval exercise....you know what else is shocking? The test flight of the 5th gen Chinese stealth fighter atleast 5 years ahead of anybody's expectancy. You know what else is surprising? The ability of China to shoot down satellites, you know what else is shocking? The existence of Carrier Killer missiles that forced the USN to rethink strategy of defending her big boats! There are many other too.

Iraq was, perhaps, a big power amongst Muslim countries but it does not mean that it was Iraq that was strong, it meant that the other Muslim countries were excruciatingly weak. Not a very good example my friend.

So you want US and Israel to attack Iran? Shame on you.

Just because the attack have not happened yet; does not means that it cannot happen and succeed.

That's what you got from my post? Shame on your understanding and reasoning skills.

Let me explain again. Iran is not a major power, but it has the ability to strike back and so it will most likely never be attacked and if attacked then it will retaliate and give same amount of pain to the attacker. That's how nations with pride think. Same is the case with North Korea, Russia or China.

B-2 bomber? No.

F-117A......still, pride of US Military!

When this nation will be willing to accept its mistakes and work on them.

Forget 2003. What happened during Persian Gulf War 1991?

Pakistani society is not so brave as you credit it to be.

Pakistani populace was helpless against TTP. You expect it to fight USA? Yeah right.

Mark my words; Pakistani military and Tribals are the only viable fighting elements in Pakistan. The rest is hogwosh and hot air.

Urbanized segment of the Pakistani populace is not accustomed to hardships in true sense. Being in the business profession, I know hell of lot more about this then you do.

Even a large chunk of labor segment is like a slave to rich vaderas who exploit this segment for their personal gains. You expect this segment to fight too?

Lol......Ironically, you have failed to realize that to give USA hell on earth all we need to do is equip Talibaan, who incidentally are not the enemies of the US as they have claimed, with Baktar Shikan and ANZA MKIII systems. That will be the test that a former Super Power failed!!!!

I live in Pakistan and am not oblivious to these developments.

Whom do you think that BLA will support, if the invasion happens?

Whom do you think that TTP will support, if the invasion happens?

Whom do you think that all of the (hidden) looters will support, who reveal their true face during times of chaos and start burning and looting unless curfew is imposed?

You are scared of a handful of TTP/BLA terrorists? The whole US is scared shitless of Haqqanis alone......just arm Haqqanis and give them a free hand, they will deliver TTP/BLA to you within months!

And you get it wrong. Competency is very important for foreign affairs.

Musharraf was competent in this aspect and he maintained good relationship with many countries. Now the situation is very different.

You seriously lack the ability to understand posts, it is sad.

I categorically placed emphasis on the fact that everyone who is posted on foreign duty is competent, competency is irrelevant because almost everyone placed on important positions is competent and trained for such tasks. What we need is patriots on top of competency.

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;3072230 said:
now guys , for your ease of understanding , i am defining the characters of the story :-

- - towta (parrot) = israel
- - jadugar (wizard) = america
If i were to guess, your fingers never wavered, neither did your heart skip a beat when you wrote this. Kill the Jews, spread the hatred. Simple, is'nt it?

May Allah bless you.

lol, we shoud not open NATO supplies at any cost, we know how to defend our country, BTW its not NATO supply, the name is only being used its US supplies .... so if US wants then open was it the only solution and we will make US the living hell on this planet

Did USS Enterprise not come from Bahrain and then sail past Saudia Arabia?

I think it's time the American's find out what we Pakistani's are made of. Don't they know our history? We don't boast. Our past speak's for us. Don't they know what we Musalman did to every arrogant conqueror who even dare come close to our land. We beat the crap out of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and his Sikh's who dared to conquer our Punjab and Khyber Paktunkwa. We refused to be enslaved by the Sikh's.

Then those snoty pale faced pu*sy English came to our lands and to the last man we fought. We sent every Englishmen who dared to set foot on our land back to Queen Victoria in a body bag. That is why the Union Jack never ever fluttered over Lahore, Karachi or Peshawar.

It is in our bloood to be free and never to be enslaved. Like our Muslim brothers the Turks we have never been enslaved by anybody ever - To be free is in our blood as our history shows.

So you dirty Yanks, you have not even managed to give your people a proper sanitation system, you can't even feed your people, you people can't even provide electricity to your citizens who riot every second day in protest. But you look for trouble? - Well I say to you "Come on you m**der f**kers we gonna nuke your USS Enterprise"

** Just one thing me and Leviza are safe in London but our families are still in Pakistan. Can Pakistan Army hold back for 48 hours so we can bring our familes to UK so they are safe. We would not want our loved ones to suffer. After that of course give them American's hell.

Guy's I have a confession to make. Please don't take my advice. You see unlike all your brave forefathers who crushed cowardly Sikhs and made the English cry in fear as they ran all the way back to London my forefathers were sat at home hiding.

You see if I huff and puffor bluster and show muscle people might be inclined to think that I suffer from psychological condition known as 'inferiority complex'. The symptoms of this complex are the patient will over compensate or will posture and bluster to hide his past weakness. For example a coward who feels guilty over his past might act hard and exaggeratehis strength to cover up his past weakness.

This can be apparent in how a real hard man tend to be very modest and won't brag or threaten. They will let their record do the talking. However if there is no recordto be proud of - or on the contrary the past is made up of humiliation and slavery than people tend to act hard and threaten at the slightest indiscretion.Thus the saying all talk no action.

My forefathers sadly were cowards because when the Sikh's came, they did nothing and said 'Sahib'. The Sikh's even demolished mosques and built Gurdwaras with the stone looted from the Mosques my ancestors sat meekly eating Dal.

When the English came to Punjab at the decisive Battle of Chillianwala [ 1849 ] your brave forefathers with freedom and bravado in their blood gave the English such beating that they all ran away crying back to London never to come back to Punjab again.

Meantime my forefathers were making Roti for Maharaja Ranjit Singh. So yes, guy's I come from a long line of cowards. You guys come from a long line lions so please go ahead make your ancestors proud ............ Kick American A*s like you kicked Sikh A*s and kicked English A*s.

Did USS Enterprise not come from Bahrain and then sail past Saudia Arabia?

I think it's time the American's find out what we Pakistani's are made of. Don't they know our history? We don't boast. Our past speak's for us. Don't they know what we Musalman did to every arrogant conqueror who even dare come close to our land. We beat the crap out of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and his Sikh's who dared to conquer our Punjab and Khyber Paktunkwa. We refused to be enslaved by the Sikh's.

Then those snoty pale faced pu*sy English came to our lands and to the last man we fought. We sent every Englishmen who dared to set foot on our land back to Queen Victoria in a body bag. That is why the Union Jack never ever fluttered over Lahore, Karachi or Peshawar.

It is in our bloood to be free and never to be enslaved. Like our Muslim brothers the Turks we have never been enslaved by anybody ever - To be free is in our blood as our history shows.

So you dirty Yanks, you have not even managed to give your people a proper sanitation system, you can't even feed your people, you people can't even provide electricity to your citizens who riot every second day in protest. But you look for trouble? - Well I say to you "Come on you m**der f**kers we gonna nuke your USS Enterprise"

** Just one thing me and Leviza are safe in London but our families are still in Pakistan. Can Pakistan Army hold back for 48 hours so we can bring our familes to UK so they are safe. We would not want our loved ones to suffer. After that of course give them American's hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
the americans have always been petrified by the thought of Pakistan leasing even an inch of land/water @ Gwadar to the Chinese (Navy)

well guess what -- we haven't.....and they can go ahead and send their destroyers. Pakistan can seek clarification from them as to what reason they deployed it there...and obviously, as any military would do, come up with war-games and contingency-based scenarios in order to devise a counter stategy

furthermore, drunken emotional belligerence (e.g. what comes out of Panetta's beak) does not win you trust and it wont accelerate Supply Routes/GLOC re-activation.

the americans have always been petrified by the thought of Pakistan leasing even an inch of land/water @ Gwadar to the Chinese (Navy)................

Excuse me, but why exactly should USA be concerned with that prospect?

Okay time to lay off smoking the good stuff and get to grip with some facts. First this story is not even true. It comes from some b rate media source working out of some garage.

Next even if the facts given are true let us for a second analyse these. If people have installed Google Earth do please have a look. The waters of Gawadar are about 200 miles wide [ Gwadar, Balochistan to Al Hadd, Oman ) and are the 'opening of neck' at the narrow Strait of Hormuz.

Every god damned ship that comes or goes to Persian Gulf [ this is one of the most crowded sea lanes in the world ] has to sail through this 200 mile waters of the 'opening of the neck' and that would include USS Enterprise. It must have used this very route to get into the Persian Gulf - Unless the American's have come up with 'flying' carriers which is how it got to the Persian Gulf in the first place.

So whilst sailing through this 200 nautical mile 'opening neck' betwixt Gwadar and Al Hadd if it went for the precise middle path - Assume that the Captain of USS Enterprise has been instructed not to give the camels in Oman runners and avoid the donkeys in Pakistan from getting diarrhea Enterprise would remain at 100 nautical miles from Al Hadd in Oman and Gwadar in Pakistan.

So gents., that means if these reports are to be believed the Enterprise is 25 miles off dead centre at 75 nautical miles from Gwadar. So all this drama is because Enterprise is slightly off centre? Next week everybody everybody will realize this was a storm in a teaspoon.

Unbelievable !!!

So gents., that means if these reports are to be believed the Enterprise is 25 miles off dead centre at 75 nautical miles from Gwadar. So all this drama is because Enterprise is slightly off centre? Next week everybody everybody will realize this was a storm in a teaspoon.

Unbelievable !!!

Not unbelievable, but very useful actually: It serves to appropriately "motivate" the nation to stand united behind the "guardians of the frontiers", since there is imminent "danger" all around, don't you know?

What has this got to do with what I posted? I agree Musharraf was the best thing that happened to us in a long time but he is not here any more so we have to make do with what we have.

And well, nothing the Government could do so far (atleast the drama for our benefit) to eradicate the menace of drone strikes. There comes a point when democracy is just not the right answer.
My point is valid. It is important to understand that what went wrong in our foreign policy vis-a-vis USA and WOT.

Did the current leadership (military and civilian) succeeded in convincing Obama administration to give up drone strikes? Why did these drone strikes started occurring much more frequently in Post-Musharraf era?

Here; Pakistan: Drone attack in Pakistan: 2005-2012

Musharraf rule ended in mid of 2008.

For several years, the current leadership (including General Kayani) have been complicit with these operations. One of our own airbases was being used for this purpose. But this complicity was clandestine in nature. The leadership decided to keep entire nation in the dark about the ground realities of these operations. The official approach was acceptance of drone strikes (from inside) and protesting against it (from outside). What kind of policy is this? What kind of impression we were leaving on the foreigners with this policy?

Following happened in the aftermath:

1- US became bold
2- Anti-US, Anti-Governmental, and Anti-Kayani sentiments arose within Pakistan when revelations about this kind of clandestine dealing came from foreign sources
3- After the revelation, US adopted measures to ensure continuation of drone strikes on unilateral basis, in case Pakistani cooperation ends in this regard. And we have witnessed this trend since 2011.

Their is one additional strategic blunder on the part of our current leadership (military in particular); Kayani refused to do anything about North Waziristan upon US insistence. Once again, no reasonable explanation have been given for this decision. Typical argument is that we lack in resources. Seriously? Everybody buys this BS?

If we lack the resources to conduct military operations in just the Waziristan region of the country, how we will be able to manage to fight a full-scale war with a far greater military power?

If we are clandestinely supporting some Taliban factions (under the argument of protecting our interests in Afghanistan), then why conduct propaganda about commitment to WOT at international level? Please keep in mind that scope of WOT is not just restricted to TTP. It extends to Al-Qaeda and its affiliates (Taliban and vice versa) who have taken refuge inside Pakistan from Afghanistan. Musharraf acted against most of these anti-state elements and un-welcomed guests. Kayani does not. Now of course, US may have taken some steps against Pakistan in response to lack of cooperation from Kayani on the WOT front with respect to North Waziristan due to its growing frustation. And our media sources pick on and highlight such steps and signs of frustation of US to conduct Anti-US propaganda. Our gullible nation falls for the misreporting rather easily. US have made this clear many times that (FULL) Pakistani cooperation is needed to succeed in the Afghanistan front of WOT.

On top of all of the above, Osama Bin Laden was found in Abbottabad. This further infuriated US against Pakistan. Don't you think that this is a sign of major failure on the part of Pakistan? Even more disturbing thing is that many in Pakistan believe this to be a false flag operation. Once again, I note that a clear cut explanation from Pakistani leadership (military in particular) is lacking regarding the 'ground realities' of this particular operation as well.

How many times, our current leadership (military and civilian) will keep Pakistani populace in the dark?

You see! Their is a clear lack of vision and commitment in our current 'competent' leadership (military and civilian) in handling the foreign affairs and also the matters of national security.

Is it wise to keep the populace in the dark on important matters?

Musharraf was very open about his decisions at least. He kept the Pakistani populace informed on important decisions he took vis-a-vis WOT. And Musharraf preferred to handle the terrorism related issues in Pakistan with mostly Pakistani assets and not with direct US involvement. He even created a counter-terrorism unit of the Pakistan military.

Bro, when Musharraf took a decision at national level to ally with US in WOT. His successors should have upheld Musharraf's policy. But you know; Pakistani are famous for falling short on commitments.

US gave us a choice from the beginning: With US or Against US.

If Taliban was the choice, why didn't Pakistani populace made this clear during 2001? Pakistani people were sleeping? Now we suddenly remember our Afghan interests in Post-Musharraf era?

This nation really does need leadership which is competent in the matters of foreign affairs and this nation also needs to understand the importance of commitment. Point fingers at others is easy. US does this and that - is not an argument.

When presented with choices, Pakistani foreign policy related decision should be based on internal consensus and upheld on long term basis.
This is my standing on this issue.

In Pakistan, neither their is unity, neither their is discipline, and neither their is faith.

Is US responsible for this whole mess? I don't think so.

Yet again you post pictures from a war in which the target country had no real defense against the form of aggression.
Iraq may have been defenceless in 2003. But it was far from defenceless in 1991. What happened back then?

We, on the other hand, have the ability to annihilate the bases of enemy forces around us including Aircraft Carriers. We, unlike Iraq, have the ability to strike back! And therein lies your deterrent. That's how you prevent wars.
These are your assumptions. Try striking a US Carrier Group and see what happens. Also, try targeting US military bases in Afghanistan and see what happens. US will hit back hard. Temporary gains (if any), will result in complete and utter destruction of Pakistan.

Like I said, it is not wise to pick up a fight with a nation that is capable of annihilating you.

To think of it, citizens of a bloody Nuclear Power accepting bullying and defending it!
Thanks to our internal issues. Pakistani populace is not in good shape.

It was a simple lesson for you, first grade Soviet weaponry got the better of US tech of the same era or better, plain and simple. As I had said earlier, Iraq was operating 30 year old and heavily downgraded technology while the US was using the latest tech. There was no match at all. Iraq had nothing that could disable an M1 Abraham effectively. Why do you insist on bringing up Iraq again and again?
Bro, Iraq was not 30 years behind US during 1991. Forget 2003. Focus on the Persian Gulf War 1991 instead which is a much more fair example to consider. And read this:

IRAQI MILITARY CAPABILITIES, 1990

At the time of the invasion of Kuwait, the Iraqi armed forces were, by any measure, a formidable and battle-tested fighting force. Iraq began the crisis with one of the world's larger armies, equipped with great numbers of tanks, armored personnel carriers and artillery, some of which were state-of-the-art models. It had a sizable air force with many top-line fighters and fighter-bombers (F-1s, MiG-29s and Su-24s) and a modern air defense command and control (C2) system. During the last six months of the Iran-Iraq war, the Iraqi army had demonstrated a capability to conduct multi-axis, multi-corps, combined-arms operations deep into hostile territory. The staff could conduct long-range planning; coordination of air and artillery preparations; timing of movements and operations; coordination of complicated logistics requirements; and movement of supplies, equipment, and troops to the right place at the designated time. They had developed excellent operational security and deception.

Iraqi armed forces were structured similarly to the British forces, but their operations were modeled more closely on Soviet armed forces. The senior military echelon in Iraq is the General Headquarters (GHQ), which integrates operations of the Republican Guard, Army, Navy, Air and Air Defense Forces, and Popular Army. It is dominated by ground force officers.

Iraqi ground forces were the largest in the Persian Gulf at the time of the invasion of Kuwait. They included the Republican Guard Forces Command, the regular Army, and the Popular Army. Iraqi ground forces had more than 5,000 main battle tanks, 5,000 armored infantry vehicles, and 3,000 artillery pieces larger than 100mm. These forces were supported by enough heavy equipment transporters to move a three-division heavy corps at one time. Iraqi troops were well practiced in conducting short-notice division moves across considerable distances, as well as other tactical operations.

The Iraqi military supply and transportation infrastructure was extensive and well-equipped, with ample supplies of ammunition, water, food and fuels. A modern transportation system had been built inside Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war to ease unit movement to and from combat areas and to keep them supplied. The logistic system was a hybrid of the Soviet system, in which materiel is delivered forward from higher echelons before it is needed, and the British system, in which lower echelons draw materiel as needed. In the Iraqi system, materiel was sent automatically from GHQ to the corps, based on estimated consumption requirements. Once at the corps depot, divisions and brigades drew replenishment supplies.
(Source: Report to US congress on Persian Gulf War 1991)

Please educate yourself on the matters of history. Iraq was very powerful during early 1990s. USSR and China expected a long battle during Persian Gulf War 1991. Instead they were shocked by US performance. US had completely revolutionised its power projection capabilities after the debacle of Vietnam. We actually witnessed the birth of Shock and Awe warfare concept. Read about it here: http://www.dodccrp.org/files/Ullman_Shock.pdf

Saddam was a fool. He thought that he would pull of another Vietnam. He decided to fight US on its strong points. And he ended up dead.

You are advocating similar approach. If you are so confident about taking on US head-on and crushing its military might, why don't you take the initiative? Set an example for the entire nation by shooting down US drones and sending the US Carrier Group packing from Arabian Sea. What are you trying to prove on PDF?

When was the last time the US actually attacked an enemy that could fight back? Iraq....come on man, Iran was able to get the better of Iraq through sanctions.
You need to learn a lot about Iraq. Forget 2003. Focus on what Iraq used to be in early 1990s.

War with Iraq left Iranian military capability in severely degraded form. I understand that Iran did not got funds and support like Iraq and therefore was not in the position to quickly reform and rebuild its military might in the manner of Iraq. Iran has progressed because it remained untouched by wars since late 1980s.

Afghanistan....... Cambodia could have invaded it.
I never use Afghanistan as an analogy.

Still, you think that Cambodia had the resources to take on Taliban at its strong point and capture the whole country in 2001? Northern Alliance with backing from several regional powers failed in this task actually.

This was Taliban prior to US invasion:

You know what's really shocking? The appearance of a Chinese attack sub in the middle of the largest US Naval exercise....you know what else is shocking? The test flight of the 5th gen Chinese stealth fighter atleast 5 years ahead of anybody's expectancy. You know what else is surprising? The ability of China to shoot down satellites, you know what else is shocking? The existence of Carrier Killer missiles that forced the USN to rethink strategy of defending her big boats! There are many other too.
Are we talking about China?

Sawal Gundam; Jawab Channa!

However, to address your curosity;

- Thanks to that submarine related incident, US have significantly improved its ASW capabilities in recent years. US can now even track Russian Akula Class submarines.

- Chinese 5th generation fighter is far from deployment phase at the moment. In comparison, US already maintains a fleet of 5th generation fighters.

- Yes, China have developed the capability to shoot down satellites. In contrast, US is testing X-37B and similar vehicles to conduct spying operations.

- The effectiveness of Chinese ASBM technology remains to be seen. ASBM does not sounds like a very good concept to me. And US is constantly improving its AM capabilities with passage of time.

But the most important point is that China learned a lesson from Persian Gulf War 1991. We did not.

Iraq was, perhaps, a big power amongst Muslim countries but it does not mean that it was Iraq that was strong, it meant that the other Muslim countries were excruciatingly weak. Not a very good example my friend.
Nice excuse.

That's what you got from my post? Shame on your understanding and reasoning skills.

Let me explain again. Iran is not a major power, but it has the ability to strike back and so it will most likely never be attacked and if attacked then it will retaliate and give same amount of pain to the attacker. That's how nations with pride think. Same is the case with North Korea, Russia or China.
If by the ability to strike back, you mean Ballistic Missile Arsenal - then sorry to disappoint you - these are not a war winning weapons.

Read this case: http://www.airdefenseartillery.com/online/2010/ADA In Action/IraqFreedom/OIF/1stPAC3Engage.pdf

Do you understand that how crucial the incident described in the above link was? If US C&C system had been knocked out earlier, the entire war effort would have been affected or delayed. Did any media source highlighted this fact?

But US is now prepared to defend against Ballistic Missile threats.

Regardless, Iran is firm on its foreign policy matters. Iran is an example of a true nation. Iranian populace is united, disciplined, and faithful.

Russia, China, and North Korea also have a firm standing on their foreign policies related matters.

F-117A......still, pride of US Military!
Combat losses occur during wars. Stronger side is not immune to losses. But building equipment is lot easier and cheaper then building an entire nation. And Serbia suffered immense damage.

Lol......Ironically, you have failed to realize that to give USA hell on earth all we need to do is equip Talibaan, who incidentally are not the enemies of the US as they have claimed, with Baktar Shikan and ANZA MKIII systems. That will be the test that a former Super Power failed!!!!
So the plan is to fight through Taliban? No comments.

You are scared of a handful of TTP/BLA terrorists? The whole US is scared shitless of Haqqanis alone......just arm Haqqanis and give them a free hand, they will deliver TTP/BLA to you within months!
Kayani seems to be doing a lot for Haqqani already. If according to the rumours, TTP and BLA have taken shelter in Afghanistan, then Haqqani should deliver them to Pakistan military without second thoughts. But we keep waiting.......

You seriously lack the ability to understand posts, it is sad.

I categorically placed emphasis on the fact that everyone who is posted on foreign duty is competent, competency is irrelevant because almost everyone placed on important positions is competent and trained for such tasks. What we need is patriots on top of competency.
Yes, we have highly competent leadership (military and civilian). It really knows how to mismanage affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
why do you think, Cheng?

Gawadar is at present close to worthless in strategic terms, and likely to remain so for quite some time. Please educate me if it is otherwise the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom