What's new

US top export destination, China top import source for Pakistan: report

Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • The United States (US) remained the top export destination of Pakistani products during the fiscal year 2015 (FY2015) while China was the top import destination from where goods were traded into the country.

Out of the total $22.09 billion in exports, Pakistani exports to the US stood at $3.66bn during FY2015 followed by China where Pakistani products worth $1.93 billion were exported during the year, according to a Pakistan Business Council (PBC) report.

Top 10 Pakistani export destinations in FY15:
    1. America ($3.66bn)
    2. China ($1.93 bn)
    3. Afghanistan ($1.72bn)
    4. United Kingdom ($1.57bn)
    5. Germany ($1.15bn)
    6. United Arab Emirates ($0.90bn)
    7. Spain ($0.78bn)
    8. Bangladesh ($0.70bn)
    9. Netherlands ($0.67bn)
    10. Italy ($0.62bn)
    Out of the total imports of $43.99 billion in FY2015, the imports from China stood at $11.02bn, the PBC report revealed.

Top 10 sources of imports in FY15:
    1. China ($11.02bn)
    2. United Arab Emirates ($5.73bn)
    3. Saudi Arabia ($3.01bn)
    4. Indonesia ($2.04bn)
    5. United States of America ($1.92bn)
    6. Japan ($1.73bn)
    7. Kuwait ($1.71bn)
    8. India ($1.67bn)
    9. Germany ($0.97bn)
    10. Malaysia ($0.91bn)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1305785/us...n-china-top-import-source-for-pakistan-report

@LA se Karachi

...pakistan coyld increase it's export and decrease it's import...if it does business, as business is done. Not as the they ir was and is doing now...
...pakistan could have been a south korea or inches here / there of it.

Hopefully the improving energy and security situation will increase manufacturing exports as they are way too low for a country of Pakistan's size.
Pakistan and South Korea were always very different countries and I doubt Pakistan would still surpass Korea even without the whole War on Terror and mismanagement situation.

• The United States (US) remained the top export destination of Pakistani products during the fiscal year 2015 (FY2015) while China was the top import destination from where goods were traded into the country.

Out of the total $22.09 billion in exports, Pakistani exports to the US stood at $3.66bn during FY2015 followed by China where Pakistani products worth $1.93 billion were exported during the year, according to a Pakistan Business Council (PBC) report.

Top 10 Pakistani export destinations in FY15:
    1. America ($3.66bn)
    2. China ($1.93 bn)
    3. Afghanistan ($1.72bn)
    4. United Kingdom ($1.57bn)
    5. Germany ($1.15bn)
    6. United Arab Emirates ($0.90bn)
    7. Spain ($0.78bn)
    8. Bangladesh ($0.70bn)
    9. Netherlands ($0.67bn)
    10. Italy ($0.62bn)
    Out of the total imports of $43.99 billion in FY2015, the imports from China stood at $11.02bn, the PBC report revealed.

Top 10 sources of imports in FY15:
    1. China ($11.02bn)
    2. United Arab Emirates ($5.73bn)
    3. Saudi Arabia ($3.01bn)
    4. Indonesia ($2.04bn)
    5. United States of America ($1.92bn)
    6. Japan ($1.73bn)
    7. Kuwait ($1.71bn)
    8. India ($1.67bn)
    9. Germany ($0.97bn)
    10. Malaysia ($0.91bn)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1305785/us...n-china-top-import-source-for-pakistan-report
@LA se Karachi

interesting countries in top 10 for exports - Spain, Bangladesh, Netherlands, Italy
no India, no Japan, no Saudi Arabia

no surprises in the import category except Indonesia and Malaysia. What does Pakistan import from them ?

Iran is not there in the top 10

If India could somehow try and eat into Pakistan's share of American exports and other top 10, then I would call it something. A kind of healthy competition rather than plain rhetoric about international isolation. :)

interesting countries in top 10 for exports - Spain, Bangladesh, Netherlands, Italy
no India, no Japan, no Saudi Arabia

no surprises in the import category except Indonesia and Malaysia. What does Pakistan import from them ?

Iran is not there in the top 10
Things, coming from UAE, are mostly Indian Products after necessary Packing and seal.

Hopefully, after the completion of CPEC, Pakistan will increase its exports.

It's nice to see that the US is Pakistan's largest destination for its exports. I've bought a few products made in Pakistan here myself.

Do you know the details of what Pakistan exports to US? I presume it's mostly textiles, but it would be nice to see a list of some kind.

Do you know the details of what Pakistan exports to US? I presume it's mostly textiles, but it would be nice to see a list of some kind.

They are mostly textiles, I believe. Though machinery and food is exported as well. I was referring to buying clothes myself.

Hmm thats strange, pakistan's frnd china must give more market access. Looking at the quantum of trade, I think if pakistan normalizes trade relation with India it will easily cross a 1 billion dollars export value which will provide a lot of employment.
They are mostly textiles, I believe. Though machinery and food is exported as well. I was referring to buying clothes myself.
I have seen Indian/Pakistani goods in US , they are mostly at the lower rung of the value. Egyptian cotton based textiles or european ones (suits) actually go for higher price. Second is food, americans even import bananas. It simply shows that they dont bother waste time on growing or manufacturing low value items.
Subcontinent should look at exporting high value goods.

Hmm thats strange, pakistan's frnd china must give more market access. Looking at the quantum of trade, I think if pakistan normalizes trade relation with India it will easily cross a 1 billion dollars export value which will provide a lot of employment.

Is China really blocking Pakistan goods or is China just better at doing business? As for trade with India, it would make natural sense for both countries to trade with each other, but until issues between them are not resolved, this will nevery be fully realized.

I have seen Indian/Pakistani goods in US , they are mostly at the lower rung of the value. Egyptian cotton based textiles or european ones (suits) actually go for higher price. Second is food, americans even import bananas. It simply shows that they dont bother waste time on growing or manufacturing low value items.
Subcontinent should look at exporting high value goods.

Living in the US, where exactly would bananas grow that makes them a viable crop for US? The weather is not warm enough. US imports a lot of tropical fruits: pineapples, guavas, etc.

Back
Top Bottom